“Would Highly Recommend!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ExotiKite Kiteboarding School

ExotiKite Kiteboarding School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ExotiKite Kiteboarding School is your best choice for kiteboarding lessons in Baja. We have been teaching since 1998 and are the only certified, insured and internationally recognized kiteschool in Los Barriles. We use the latest in equipment and teaching techniques to ensure that your learning experience is safe, productive and enjoyable. We also offer on-site accommodations, kiteboarding shop and bar and restaurant. ExotiKite Kiteboarding offers you the full kiteboarding experience for beginners to advanced riders!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Whistler, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Would Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 weeks in Los Barriles Jan/Feb, 2013 on a "lets learn to kiteboard" vacation. We had been referred to Exotikite by friends before we arrived, but literally every local we spoke to around town, reiterated this. As it turned out, they were all right, the whole Exotikite crew (Ian, Megan, Emily, Taylor, Mac, Ben, etc) were so friendly and helpful, we could not have asked for more!

My confidence was low and I was scared to start, but Taylor was so patient and positive throughout the entire learning process. Step by step, he built my skills and confidence up, until I was kiteboarding independently! Thanks Taylor, for guiding me through the initial learning curve, to the point where I am now absolutely hooked!

My husband had issues with ongoing neck and lower back injuries, which limited his ability to learn at the same pace as me. Ian customized lessons specifically for his pain tolerance/needs which was pretty awesome!

But, no matter which instructor you are lucky enough to get, just know that you will be in the very best of hands. These guys are professional, knowledgeable and 100% focused on your personal safety at all times. Plus, you will have a lot of fun in the process! We could not recommend Exotikite highly enough!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank snorkel1443

Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enthusiasm is contagious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I get the feeling that Megan and Ian, the owners, make sure that every member of their staff can broadcast optimism. A beginning kiteboarder can't help but be nervous and intimidated. The Evangelists at ExotiKite melt that away and lead you step by step into confidence. My instructor, Justin, spent the perfect amount of time on each process, making sure that everything was sinking in, especially safety issues. The other big plus is that ExotiKite in Los Barriles, Mexico, where the air and the water are warm.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Darrell B
A TripAdvisor Member
“Exotikite: the best Kitesurfing school ever ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I came to know Megan and the Exotikite crew as my wife offered me a 8H package for my 2012 Christmas. I am not as comfortable in the water as I am on land and I never did windsurfing or kiting before.

As such, I think one could call me a challenging student.

This is a school that takes time to teach you the basic concepts, that allows you to repeat and repeat your moves , that makes you feel comfortable and that help you grow confidence. My instructor (Cole) was phenomenal in the sense that he quickly realized I was a bit nervous and very naturally helped me get over my fears. 8H later, I am totally hooked. I love Kiteboarding and I am going to invest time and energy to progress.

I forgot to say that the staff is super nice, humble and constantly willing to help. And the Los Barilles spot is gorgeous. So Megan and the Exotikite crew, you guys continue like that because to me this is the cream of the crop when it comes to a extreme sport school.

Your Friend, Remi from, San Francisco

PS: I may come back sooner than you think !

Visited December 2012
“Great instruction for beginner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would definitely recommend exotikite for anyone wanting to get into kiteboarding. I had right hours of instruction with Taylor. He was extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. With his help, I was able to stand up within my first four hours. All of the exotikite staff are very friendly and helpful and they pay close attention to safety

Verdi, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent, organized, well run school, with quality instructors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Top notch operation. They seem well organized, have quality instructors with lots of experience many of which have learned and taught in many locations, most or all of which have english as a first language and that come here seasonally to teach. The shop and beach location are easy to find with many signs, the schedule seems organized yet flexible to students change requests. Quality gear, and headsets so the instructor can talk you through things while you are in the water.

Visited January 2013