“Anyone in Kiteboarding will tell you that Exotikite is one of the best and I agree!!!!!”

ExotiKite Kiteboarding School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ExotiKite Kiteboarding School is your best choice for kiteboarding lessons in Baja. We have been teaching since 1998 and are the only certified, insured and internationally recognized kiteschool in Los Barriles. We use the latest in equipment and teaching techniques to ensure that your learning experience is safe, productive and enjoyable. We also offer on-site accommodations, kiteboarding shop and bar and restaurant. ExotiKite Kiteboarding offers you the full kiteboarding experience for beginners to advanced riders!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I just spent 6 weeks in Los Cabos kiteboarding everyday we could get in the water. Longtime friends who live in San Jose del Cabo and kiteboard all year said, if you are going to learn, take lessons from a quality school. Their first recommendation was to go see Ian and Megan at Exotikite in Los Barriles.

All I can say is, we got very lucky to connect with these fine people. Kiteboarding can be an intimidating sport, but with the right instruction and attention to safety, it's really a great activity for anyone who likes the water. I saw a level of professionalism and a dedication to safety right from the first visit.

I'm 63 and have been into water sports since I was a kid, and that said, I still had reservations. I decided to start with a couple of lessons and see how it went. It's a challenging sport and that is part of the fun, but after a few hours in the water learning the basics, and watching people from 15 to , well, 10 years older than me, I have to say I was hooked and ready to invest in my own equipment.

We enjoyed the spirit and encouragement of the whole crew. It was just a great experience all the way around.
The cost was very reasonable, the location ( 45 minutes North of the airport in San Jose del Cabo ) was an easy drive with great lodging right on the beach next to the school, if you were looking for the maximum time in the water.
To have the chance to learn a sport like this in the inviting waters of Baja and the warm consistent winds, well, that's close to perfect. It's easy to see why people come from all over the world to kite here.

If you are reading this review, please know that I don't work in the industry and had never met anyone at Exotikite before I showed up for my first lesson. If you are interested in kiteboarding for yourself or for your family and plan to be in Los Cabos or Los Barriles, just go by and see the people at Exotikite ( they have a great website ) and see what they do. Even if you just sit and watch………. it's a great time!

Thanks Ian, Megan, Emily the the whole crew! See you again soon.

- Mike and Judy McCombs

"great equipment"
"a lot of fun"
"beach bar"

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I learned to kiteboard with Exotikite in 2008 (Mac was an excellent instructor) and have been coming back every year since. Megan & Ian have created an amazing company with a talented staff that treat you like family.

We spent the entire month of November in Los Barriles and Megan lined us up with a great rental and arranged for a ride from the airport.

The best wind is from late November through April, but we had plenty of wind in early November.

Los Barriles is a very relaxing, quiet town. Plenty of restaurants and bars though if you want to spend a night on the town.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

ExotiKite Kiteboarding was without question one of the best experiences my wife and I have had on vacation (and we travel a lot). Megan, Ian, Mac, Emily and the rest of their crew go above and beyond expectation to make you feel at home in their little corner of paradise, and while you're there they provide expert instruction, tailored to your needs, to get you up and flying. I doubt I would have made it up on the board so quickly without their unique expertise, and their focus on safety and state-of-the-art equipment doesn't hurt either. If you're looking for the best kiteboarding can offer, you'll find it right here in Los Barriles at ExotiKite.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

went down for a few days to try and learn how to kiteboard and was amazed at how fast i got up and running! in less than 6 hours i had learned the basics and safety rules for using a kite. i owe my thanks to Taylor (instructor) and all the crew at Exotikite. they are awesome.