“Always enjoy Tramonto”

Tramonto Italian Restaurant and American Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tramonto Italian Restaurant and American Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 146 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Another excellent meal with excellent service by Marcos, Sergio and Emmanuel. Marcos recommended the barruto queso salad which my husband had. It was so perfect that I nearly ordered it for my entree. I am still so stuffed by our meal that I shall have to add an addendum later. Thank you, gentlemen, for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Dinner at Tramonto the final evening of our stay at the Grand Mayan was a very pleasant and satisfying conclusion to a fun vacation. The menu features several steakhouse options, but the focus is decidedly Italian and that's the way we ordered.
We were in a celebratory mood -- our two ladies were near the end of a 2-week "birthday festival" -- so drinks (Chivas, Tanqueray and margaritas) started the feast, with a lovely Italian pinot gris accompanying our entrees. An assortment of rolls, bread and breadsticks provided savory bites to go with our cocktails.
We ordered different salads, both fresh and tasty, to whet our appetites: One featured greens, artichokes, Portobello mushrooms and freshly grated parmesan. The other, my favorite, topped arugula and spinach with gorgonzola, wine-poached pears and candied pecans. Entrees for the four of us included a rich pasta carbonara, a gigantic slab of lasagna, fettucine with shrimp and mushrooms, and bacon-wrapped shrimp with brown butter risotto and saffron sauce, and a side of asparagus with béarnaise sauce. We were pretty stuffed after all that food, but still managed a gallant effort with desserts -- a trio of crème brulee, profiteroles and macaroons.
Despite what other reviewers have said, we found the food to be very good and the service excellent as well. The cost was also reasonable for what was a lovely experience. The tab for Mrs. OJ and myself was about $135 (we paid for the bottle of wine and that and drinks were almost half the bill).
If we stay at the Grand Mayan sometime in the future, we'd certainly return to Tramonto for a nice dinner.

1  Thank OregonJohn97338
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stay at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta once a year. We love the Grand Mayan.
They should close down Tramonto !!!!!
We keep making the mistake of giving them one more try. Every time we do, we walk away disappointed. I promise I will never go back again. It has finally sunk in that they just can't do justice to Italian food. Yuck !!!!!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Food was excellent. Service was less than average. Atmosphere was sterile. The staff was not friendly, nor welcoming. We would not return based on the lack of service, poor staff. Over priced based on poor staff!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We recently eat at Tramontos for my birthday, Mar 21 2014. The service was great. Francisco, Ramon and Tomas were our wait staff . The food was prepaired perfectly and even tasted great. Thanks again and we can't wait to go next time.

1  Thank Gambsm