Hotel Riu Vallarta
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$202
$161
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
$672
$554
$498
$155
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$185
$154
$265
$223
  • Breakfast included
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$466
$319
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$656
$321
Bookit.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$214
$180
$342
$101
  • Beachfront
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$109
5,706 results
All reviewssir georgesports baradult pooldon rafaelflamingo restaurantplaza bargourmet restaurantjunior suitethomson repsasian buffetmattress toppergreat holidaymain buffetevery other dayfamily poolentertainment teamspecialty restaurants
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I went to this hotel with a group of 30-something girls for a three day weekend. First of all, you must know that the hotel had hardly any American visitors. The room was nice except the beds were hard as rocks...we all had back pain for days. They will tell you that its 24 hour room service, but it' s not. The food is awful...my friend found a hair in her food and lots of people at the resort were sick from eating there.
The drinks do not have alcohol in them unless you ask for it. The liquor is very cheap, by the way. The pool was so warm and pee-ridden. The bartender, David was awesome...the staff was all wonderful and accomodating.
The flamingo steak house was gross. We ended up ordering pizza every night. One guy at the pool called it an anorexic camp-where everyone loses weight from staying there-there is nothing to eat at the hotel.
There is no air in the hotel.The room air cond was never working-it was so hot and you could hardly sleep. The disco was fun, however...if you get drunk enough you can forget about the heat and the bad food.
Checking in and out was great and the worry free people were super!! I will never do all inclusive again, though!!! Not worth it!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Where do I start?

Let's see. The rooms. We were there in July and half of the time the air conditioning was out, so it was miserably hot in the hotel room. Also, the beds were so hard and uncomfortable that we all woke up with aching backs, so I called down and had 10 extra pillow delivered so that I could sleep on top of them. Other than that the rooms were acceptable.

The Food. Terrible, terrible, terrible. There is no room service as advertised, and the hotel's idea of 24 hour food consists of chips and guacamole, that is if you can find it.... Also the lunch buffet was bad, flies everywhere and the dinner restaurants served gray steaks. Yuk! Also there was a short and curly hair in my friend's breakfast omelette. Breakfast was the only half acceptable meal at the hotel, and on a scale of 1 -10, I give it a 4. Just very bad.

The Pool. Let's just say that every Mexican in Puerto Vallarta was there. The water was unusually warm, so we called it the "pee pool" it stunk and was generally disgusting. The bar at the pool smelled awful, too. Let's just say after the first day, I only went to the beach.

The Bar. This is ridiculous. You actually have to request alcohol in your adult beverages. And they don't wash the glasses.

The Food. Well, in the steak restaurant the meat was gray in color. The lunch buffet was covered in flies (outdoors) and was the same thing everyday, guacamole, chips, french fries, cold cuts, cheese, a hamburger-type of thing, hot dogs (gross). The other restaurants were no better. Breakfast is the only half acceptable meal, but my friend had a short and curly hair in her omelette. So after that we took a cab to the grocery store and ordered Domino's pizza to the hotel.

Checking out. Well, when you check in, you get towel cards for the pool and beach and a lock for the safe in your room. If you don't return the towel cards or leave the lock in the room when you check out, they charge you $50 for the lock and $20 for each towel card. Bad.

This place is for 18 year olds who don't care and just want to get to Mexico for cheap. It was so bad that I doubt that I will ever return to Puerto Vallarta, and will really consider going to Mexico again at all.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We read the reviews from other people saying they got sick on the water, the food wasn't really good, don't believe them! Nirvana chinese buffet was mediocre but the rest of the restaurants in particular sir george and falmingos steakhouse were exceptional. Only problem was having to get up at 7;00 am. to make the reservations each day for each restaurant. Hopefully this will change. Rooms: a/c is tied into the patio door switch so make sure the patio door is closed. Also the beds are very hard so we requested 2 egg-crate pads to install on top of the mattress. My compliments to Hector in the martini bar from tuesday to thursday from 5-10 pm. Also David in the pool bar was entertaining and please bring along some tip money to compensate for some of the people who get very rude with the pool bar bartenders. all in all a very nice property, would stay at again, sincerely, mark in norman,oklahoma

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank havefunNorman_Ok_
Reviewed July 26, 2007

My sisters and I stayed at RIU Vallarta from July 5-23, 2007. We normally stay at RIU Palaces but since there are currently none in Nuevo Vallarta, we chose this hotel. We were not disappointed! The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed spending time with Animacion Team members Jean, Ely, Carlos, Reuben, Juan and Gardo during our dance lessons by the pool and our bocce ball on the beach. The evening shows were entertaining, especially the Malecon show, where the animacion staff does spoofs of different celebrities. Food was O.K. I don't recommend the Asian or French reservation restaurants, but the reservation steak house was good. Cab fare to downtown Puerto Vallarta is expensive, $18.00 each way. Bus fare is much cheaper for those who are brave enough. If you want a great place to eat off of the resort, go to Karen's Place in Bucerias. And for salsa dancing, its all about Mambo Cafe in Marina Plaza on Saturday nights!!! We would definitely return to this hotel, it was great!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank IJai
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We returned from the Riu on Monday July 23rd and I must say it was a nice vacation.
We met a ton of people and had a great time by the pool every day. It was very hot when we arrived but it rained and the weather cooled off.

Pros: The hotel is beautiful and the staff did everything we requested of them. Everyone was friendly and made sure our stay was a very nice vacation. We had a Jr. Suite and a fantastic view of the bay. The sunsets were unbeleiveable. Every morning I saw the staff cleaning and cutting grass to make sure the grounds were well kept. I have to say Hello to David at the swim up bar. He was very friendly and went out of his way to make sure everyone had a great time. The adult pool was nice even though the security guard had to keep chasing kids away. The Asian dinner was the best meal to me. Sir George was okay. The breakfast was the best meal of the day. You have to be there before nine to bet the mad rush. The made to order eggs were very good.

Cons: The food was okay but I did not like when I saw the staff with bare hands handling the food. The lady cooking the pancakes used her bare hands to put the food on the serving tray, also the person who brought out the rolls did the same thing. The food is recycled from one meal to the next. I understand when you have to feed that many people that will happen. The Steak house meal was the wrost to us. The beef was tough and the chicken was small enough to be a cornish hen. I understand that we went to Mexico but I did not expect so many natives at the resort. I was told that it was a holiday that's why so many natives were there.
My husband and I both got sick a one point on another during the vacation, but I think it was a combination of the food ,drinks and sun.

All in all we had a very nice time. We went into Bucarias and had lunch at Migel Angel. What a wonderful meal giant shrimp tender steak. We also had dinner at Roga's the food was very good. The tequila was better. The owner was very friendly and it was a lovely meal.
We like to stay in different places and the next time I would like to go to Cobo. This resort was nice but I think the next time we will stay at a Riu Palace.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple