I've been to this resort 3 times over many years. An amazing resort for ages 9 months - 66 years old. They have been expanding the land and building building building. I love seeing whats coming next.
1) Transportation system needs to be completely revamped. You can't be dropped off at your building entrance, you have to be dropped off at a single location which is a 10 minute walk or wait for the shuttle, which half the people dont. When i was there I heard they get a 100 complaints a day.
2) WIFI is $900 pesos for a week, for just one device, and it is TERRIBLE. How many people travel with ipads, iphones, blackberry's or android devices that want internet... EVERYONE.
3) Food on most of the resort is really sub-par or just so-so. DO NOT EAT AT HAVANA MOON. If you just walk off the premises for 10 minutes or take a 4 minute cab ride, there are some amazing restaurants to try, you can see some of my other reviews for that. I will give the go ahead for there breakfast buffet which has everything and there custom burger place which was like a 7.5 out of 10 for trying, if your sick of Mexican food by the end of the week that is.
Other than this, it has everything you could ask for. Amazing resort and pool area, Amazing beach with beach volleyball and huts. New Rockclimbing wall and a kids jumpy thing. A Mayan pyramid slide, lazy river, wave pool, kids club and kids pool. By the way, the Grand Luxxe part of the resort is really high end and really well done coming from someone who works in NYC Development. Now can you afford it :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Wyndham Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Mayan Resort Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Mayan Puerto Vallarta