My father-in-law owns an elite level membership and brought us for New Years. The property is absolutely wonderful. Finishes are top-notch, the spa is luxurious, and the setting is wonderful if you're looking for a relaxing beach getaway. The area is safe and a long walk or short cab ride away from many restaurants in either Bucerias or Paradise Village. But if you want more things to do in your immediate surroundings then look for someplace else.
There were some significant service-related issues that caused the overall experience to fall short of the first class accommodations. They include:
-We attended a $112/plate New Years Eve dinner/celebration. The promotional posters and flyers were misleading in implying that brunch on New Years Day was included. Instead, our group of 10 showed up the next morning to find this was not the case, even though even a concierge had confirmed it the night before. I'm not sure we even received an apology, not to mention any sort of consideration for their mistake.
-We had several issues with duplicate charges for drinks, wifi, etc (some of which arose after we had paid our bills in full), as well as bogus honor bar charges. Whereas most places would give customers the benefit of the doubt, one family member had to pay again for drinks that had been already paid for, because the hotel wouldn't let the taxi leave for the airport until the charges were cleared.
-While the concierges genuinely wanted to be helpful, they often didn't have consistent information. Waiters gave us grief for trying to use free drink tickets at the restaurant (even though they didn't list any restrictions), There was nothing efficient about any aspect of their business.
Bottom Line: Many things to love, but a resort of this caliber (in terms of accommodations, location, and price) shouldn't have so many issues with service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Flamingos is located in Riviera Nayarit, the charming beachside destination just north of Puerto Vallarta. Here, amidst world-class beaches and luxurious Mediterranean-style architecture, you'll find the scenic backdrop of tropical mountains and sparkling Banderas Bay. Everything you need for an exhilarating vacation is here ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa del Palmar Flamingos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Hotel Del Palmar Flamingos
- Del Palmar Flamingos Hotel