New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Beautiful Property, they just need to pay attention to the details” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta

Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful Property, they just need to pay attention to the details”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pros
-Beautiful property with amazing views from the rooms.
-quick service, great service from really good and interesting people
-was not over crowded
-never long lines for anything
-We had an amazing room, after our first room had a broken A/C, leaky fridge and smelly couch.
-Our romantic dinner on the beach was Amazing!! Good food and an incredible view of the sunset.

Cons
-The beach was dirty after the storms and while the other resorts had people seemingly cleaning before the morning beach rush, the Bel Air didn't.
-The grounds crew mowed the lawn, by the pool, at 10am....ON A SATURDAY!!
-8AM at the pool, they had no towels. Like they didn't get washed the night before or something.
-The drinks were horrible and severely watered down. Lots of them were premade. And for a resort to have significantly less traffic than some of the larger places, you would think they could afford the time to actually make the drinks.
-The daytime entertainment music was provided via CD player, no biggie except 90% of her CD's were scratched so there was tons of skipping and when you are trying to dance this is a huge nuisance.
-It was all inclusive but you could only eat until 1030pm
-You had to sign for everything. They really should switch to a bracelet system, because waiting for the check sometimes was inconvenient and a waste of time.

We had a great time, and are so grateful for having had this opportunity. We felt as though we got our moneys worth, but I don't think I would recommend this hotel to a friend and I definitely would not stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor face the ocean is amazing. Look for Arturo in the Palm Terrace Restaurant, he was very n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sugafoot82
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

First of all, we appreciate your comment you provided to us, we are glad to know that you found your room and your stay beautiful and pleasant, and that you enjoyed good and rapid service, which is our primary goal,
We have a program that takes place and a specific time where we have our beach clean every morning, perhaps our hotel neighbors starting earlier,
Normally are crew starts the mowing the lawn at 9 am, only this time it was decided to start at 10 am, the reason is there was an early rain,
I would like to comment that the hours of towels service starts at 9 am,
On the other hand, all our dinks are premium quality, perhaps the thawing of ice due to the heat made it this taste,
Thank you so much, for the music comment, we have already improve and fixed the system player,
The lack of bracelet usage, Bel Air has no distinction among it’s guests, this is the reason we ask for the signature in every check because we trust the power of your signing
We hope that you change your mind and visit us again in the future, it will be an honor to assist you,

Kind Regards
Roberto Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Bel Air Collection Resort from the 17th - 24th under the all-inclusive package. The hotel for one has absolutely jaw dropping views and the rooms are nice and cozy. Now, the hotel definitely caters more towards family vacation then it does younger adults, considering that the pool bar closes at 7pm and their Bar Nautico although open till 12pm, looks more like a banquet room then an actual bar. The activity's that they hold in the bar range from salsa lessons to poker nights and end around 10pm. This leaves little time for any actual dancing or partying to occur. Now my room in particular suffered from lack of AC, bad lighting, and leaking from the bathroom ceiling. Front desk was quick in responding to the AC, and Leaking but just completely forgot about the lighting and the leak that started the day after they had supposedly fixed it. FYI... Don't run the ac all day at this hotel ... your room will leak!
The hotel's staff were very accommodating however and I never felt pressured for tips or anything like previous reviewers described. They even offer a daycare service during the day to occupy the children with activities! That was cool.. Jessica is awesome. Water Polo, beach volleyball, and other games are ran through out the day to inspire mingling between the guests. I absolutely loved it and was very appreciative for it because I was able to meet so many new people. The Spa was down right amazing! Gorgeous location and extremely relaxing nothing bad to say here amazing job guys.
One thing I found that just did not make sense was the bathing suit rule. I understand it for the restaurant, but for the sushi area ... it makes 0 sense. Now the sushi restaurant is under construction right now and I am not sure when its due to open, but as of right now it is located directly in front of the Jacuzzi tubs. There are waiters just standing around "waiting" to take your order and if you try and do so you cannot because your not dressed properly. If you try and sit they will ask you to leave because your wet. If you get out of the tub it will wet the area anyway ... it didn't make sense because this area is outdoor right next to the beach. Bad Move Bel Air.
The other thing that is poorly done is the all-inclusive ... just give us wristbands. It took us; a party of 8 nearly two hours to eat every time we ordered using the menus. Having to sign for everything gets annoying as well because you often find yourself waiting an extraordinary amount of time waiting for the check. On the mornings and nights (mainly weekends) when they served the buffet we were in and out in 30 minutes flat, plus the food was much better... oddly enough. Also, please send your bartenders through some type of training, most of the drinks were flat out nasty (im talking basic drinks). Do you have some type of contract with corona and pacifico? Because more beer variety would be nice. Lastly, we are in Mexico so we would prefer Mexican food its odd that you travel so far to eat the same food I have here in Los Angeles. I was really gearing up for authentic Mexican Cuisine.
All in all we very much enjoyed the vacation! The hotel's beauty makes up for a lot of the minor details. Besides vacations are often memorable by the people you go with and experiences shared with them. Would I recommend this hotel? Definitely! Would I go back to this hotel? Probably not, but mainly because there are to many other places I want to visit in this world ....thanks guys!

Eric Siberio

Room Tip: Ask For Ocean View, anything else either faces adjacent hotel or empty hallways
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eric S
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest:

First of all, I would like to appreciate, the time taken to type these comments, which is very important to us, as it allows us to improve,
In respect to the Sushi and Martini Bar, we are sorry for inconvenient, this was only temporarily, as of now the sushi bar is reopen in the new Palapa, with all it’s services and accommodation that our guests to serve,
On the other hand, I comment that at the beginning of July, we provided training sessions to all our waiters about the preparation of drinks and services. I am sure upon you return you will experience this improvement and will be satisfied.
This fall, we will be presenting our new menus in all our restaurants, with a huge gamma of meals, from streaks and seafood to oriental food and a special combination of Mexican-italian cuisine.

Once again, thank you for choosing Bel Air Vallarta for your vacations and also thanks for recommending us.

Guadalajara, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel facilities are nice, the room very good, but for an "all inclusive hotel" they have no idea what that concept means. The service was very poor, the snack-bar at the pool closes at 7 pm (the sun sets around 8:30) and tehn you need to go to the main restaurant for food or drink, but you need to get dressed, as you cannot enter in your swimsuit. You don't wear a bracelet inside the hotel, but you need to sign for EVERY SINGLE thing you order, even if you're inside the pool! this makes the service slower and a lot more annoying than wearing a bracelet... In general, the service is not what expected, eventhough the hotel (not much to it) is nice enough...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank xileka
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest:

We truly appreciate the time you’ve taking to let us know of your comments.
Regarding your recent stay at Bel Air Vallarta first of all, I would like to let you know that we are glad that you found our facilities and rooms great, and on the other hand I would like to address the following comments that you provided to us: the hours of operation of our pool bar is from 11 am to 7 pm, after this time, we welcome you at Bar Nautico from 3 pm to 12 midnight, in our restaurants there are certain rules and regulations that need to be followed for safety and health reasons of our guests, this is the reason why it’s not permitted to access with wet clothing or swimwear , in regards to the lack of bracelet usage, Bel Air has no distinction among it’s guests, this is the reason we ask for the signature in every check because we trust the power of your signature.
I do apologize that you have consider the above as poor service when in reality these resort rules are for your safety and wellbeing,
Bel Air welcomes you to visit us soon and this way you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

kind regards
San Diego, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week, the service was superb from front desk to bell boy to the awesome staff at the restaurant and pool bar. The meals were mostly ala carte and except for couple nights..Restaurant Manager who was there everynight Elario was very knowledgable on the menu and specifc dishes, and his recommendations for meals were excellant. Our bell boy Victor with smiling attitude, our maid Irma with sweet delights left on our pillow, to the hard working pool waiters Jesus and Ivan and our thanks to Heriberto for making our stay wonderful.

The only thing I would change is the coffee .... pretty weak:((

Room Tip: We were in a quite room downstairs at the back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank so much for sharing this comment, we truly appreciate it, I will forward your feeling regarding our service to all our staff, whom will be very glad to know.
I would like to let you know, that we have already changed our coffee provider to satisfy all our guests and they can enjoy it,

We hope you return soon,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The room we had was absolute luxury with a mouth dropping view. The location is absolute paradise. The food and service was top notch. I can hardly wait to make a return trip. This resort was not onlt beautiful with great service everything about it is a 10.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank karen s
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guest:
We really appreciate the time you took to write us this great comment, we hope that your return is soon to your home away from home.

Please feel free by contacting me via email, it will be a great pleasure to see you again,

Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel had an excellent location on the beach in Nuevo Vallarta.
The rooms were excellent with a beautiful ocean view, 3 balconies, a full kitchen, a second smaller kitchen and 3 baths for 5 of us.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side next to the Riu Palace are quieter. We were also on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul S
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend bought me a groupon for my birthday to the Bel Air Resort in PV. I had never been to Mexico before and can definitely say I will return after our amazing trip there this past month.
With the Groupon we paid $160 a day ALL INCLUSIVE. I know all inclusive deals can sometimes be crummy, but this resort's all inclusive has changed my mind. Our deal included 3 meals a day with all you can drink. The food was amazing. The breakfast buffet was probably my favorite. Fresh fruit and juices, omlet bar, amazing pico de gallo and homemade hot sauces, as well as different meats with mole. For lunch if you opted to have it by the pool your menu choices were limited to fried food like chicken nuggets, fries, club sandwiches and burgers. However they did serve lunch at the hotel restaurant. You had the choice to order off their lunch menu or go to the buffet. We did both. I have to say the salad and veggies were extremely fresh and the way they grilled the fish was perfect - olive oil and garlic. The ceviche I ordered off the menu was also good. For dinner one night we went to the sushi restaurant they have on the resort. The sushi was average...nothing special. The other nights we were there we went off the resort into nuevo vallarta and downtown puerto vallarta to restaurants recommended by the employees at bel air.
There was tons to do around the resort - gym, pool, spa, ping pong, volleyball and soccer. They had two activities employees who were extremely friendly and made sure the pool area was always busy. There were also beach activities offered by locals such as banana boat rides, parasailing, jetskis, windsurfing, and kayaking.
As far as the accomodations, we were happy with how cool the air was in our room and the cleanliness of it every time we returned from the day at the beach.
The pool is huge and super clean. It has a nice wet bar with friendly staff who are always happy to add a little more extra tequila to your drink if you wish ;) The pool deck then leads you down to the beach where there are lounge chairs and umbrellas always available. Wait staff comes down to the beach as well so you can still get your pina coladas.
I loved the staff at Bel Air- from the front desk and bag boy employees, Fabrizio in concierges, and the pool staff everyone greeted my boyfriend and I everyday by first name and made sure we were taken care of and having a good time.
Overall this resort was more than I could have asked for. It was welcoming and homey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,257 reviews
Royal Decameron Complex

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta? Share your experiences!