My wife and I have been staying at this resort since 2006. For the most part we have had good experiences. The first year we were there we had an ocean view but every year after it has been a partial ocean view at best. The room was decent at best - same furniture and refrig since 2006 so you can imagine it is getting run down. We had problems with the AC. It was shut down at night when you needed it to sleep. I believe the entire resort was having problems with AC after talkng with others that were staying in one of the other buildings. They supposedly knew what was wrong with the AC but declined to fix it. Multiple people told us hey had reported the AC problems also. It was that way the entire month we were there. Even if the part is expensive I would think it should be repaired.
On Valentines day, my wife and I were walking out front near the arrival area of the resort when my wife slipped on someones dropped champagne and broken glass cutting her in multiple places and seriously cutting her ankle and bruising her foot. A doctor that covers the Nuevo area was summoned immediately. She was very good and friendly. She cleaned out the wounds and bandaged my wife up. It was over a week before she was able to get around normally (without a limp). The morning after the accident a members services representative named Carlos was told of the accident and called to see if there was anything they could do for us. Prior to the accident, we had inquired if it would be possible to spend an additional couple of nights at the end of our reservation and what the cost would be. We were told there was availablity and the cost per night was be $180.00/night. I asked Carlos if the resort would be willing to adjust the cost of our 1 bedroom (for the additional 2 nights). Carlos said he would check with his manager Carolina and get back with us. The price per night seemed rather exensive for this resort. Finally after four days with no response we contacted Carlos only to be told they didn't have any 1 bedrooms available but they would have a studio available at a reduced price. This would mean packng up and checking out at 11:00 and then waiting till 4:00 to check back in. During our first 2 weeks it was obvious the resort was not even close to full capacity!! Suspecting that it would remain the same for the next couple of weeks (which it did) we contacted reservations for the resort, (which is located in Guatalajara) to see what they showed available for those 2 nights. I was told they had 1 bedrooms available but needed to book thru the resort as we were already at the property. In addition, reservations quoted the price per night at a substantially lower rate per night than we were quoted by Carlos. At this point we are both extremely frustrated. I decided to talk directly to Carolina hoping for some honesty and that didn't happen. We advised Carlos we would not be staying any additional nights. We don't understand why they LIED to us and it really has left a bad taste in our mouths.
As far as some of the other employees at Bel Air we can't say enough about them. Our maid Karla was excellent in every way. Trinidad (the bellman) has been there since our first year and he goes above and beyond all the time. We look forward to seeing him every year and he has to be considered a very valuable employee!!! Some of the other bellman that did a good job were Enriqe, Edgar, Jose and Esteven - all very helpful. Pancho at the front desk was always very helpful and friendly.
Who knows what lies ahead at Bel Air????? We don't know if we will every go back to Bel Air - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Puerto and Neuvo Vallarta!!! Lots of great places to stay but I think Bel Air resort is not a great choice anymore.......Very disappointed!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Bel Air Vallarta the perfect hotel for a family vacation" Family vacations are made to be on the Riviera Nayarit. Enjoy the beauty of the traditional Puerto Vallarta, the beautiful and colorful Bucerias, or maybe the exclusive Nuevo Vallarta where you will find everything you were looking for and more. Can you imagine spending a day at the spa pampering yourself at one of the best hotels in Nuevo Vallarta? Imagine your kids having a blast at our Kids Club, everything is possible here. A destination like this provides much as you can imagine, activities on land, sea and even air is what awaits you. Stay with with your family and enjoy the best time of your lives together and create your own #BelAirMoment. Bel Air Vallarta offers 215 spacious and luxurious rooms where you can enjoy a deserved rest after those long days at the beach, pool or enjoying the gastronomic offer that we have for you along with all the entertainment options that this resort has. In addition to luxury hotel rooms in Nuevo Vallarta Bel Air Vallarta offers luxury amenities that will make your stay a unique and memorable vacation, the "Bel Air Delights" those great little details that will give your holiday a touch of sophistication and also will make you feel at home. Welcome Cool Amenitie Welcome cocktail Early Bird Breakfast View all Bel Air Delights In Bel Air we know that your holiday should be something memorable that's why we have created a series of experiences that will fulfill all your dreams and needs to make your vacation something you cannot forget. Personalized vacation experiences with a touch of luxury and sophistication, the "Bel Air Experiences". All Gourmet Experience All Romance Experience All Spa Experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort