We just returned from another visit to this resort. After two previous visits and a positive experience both times not only were we recommending this resort to others but now ready to take other family there. What a mistake. On arrival, after reserving and paying for our 2 BR suite weeks in advance, we were told that a 2BR unit was not available and likely not going to be available for a couple of days. We were placed in side by side studios after waiting at reception for an inordinate amount of time. Upon entering the units we were greeted by swarms of black flies. Suffice to say we were not happy, especially when it took hours to get anyone to come and spray. Photos are available!! It took three days and a couple of moves to finally have the 2 BR unit we had reserved. I only later found out that during these moves I lost my camera bag, SD cards and charger. The A/C unit in the new suites barely worked and cut out at night resulting in a lot of lost sleep for many of our party. This apparently is a longstanding problem which the management is fully aware of. The sofa bed was broken and unusable the first night being replaced the following day. The restaurant on site is very pricey and the food is mediocre(at least the a la carte) and most guests seem to prefer going elsewhere to eat which is what we did. Had the restaurant been an option we certainly would have preferred to stay on site.
The huge positive to this resort are the staff - the activity staff Lucio, Jessica and Karla are an absolute delight and work very hard to make your stay a pleasant and fun time.The bar staff including but not restricted to Rafael, Javier, Vicente, Jesus. The workers at the towel hut and around the bar Angel, Bernardo, Fernando, Ivan et al. The bellboys Isidro, Edgar, Trinidad. The reception Edna, Pancho, Oscar. The camaristas. All are exceptional, hard working, pleasant and friendly and really do work hard to make you comfortable. The resort is very attractive with a good location but there are many attractive resorts in this area where management appear more responsive to their guests. We heard many disgruntled visitors this trip and have to question the direction this resort is being taken in. We will likely not return to Bel Air and certainly will not be recommending it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Bel Air Vallarta the perfect hotel for a family vacation" Family vacations are made to be on the Riviera Nayarit. Enjoy the beauty of the traditional Puerto Vallarta, the beautiful and colorful Bucerias, or maybe the exclusive Nuevo Vallarta where you will find everything you were looking for and more. Can you imagine spending a day at the spa pampering yourself at one of the best hotels in Nuevo Vallarta? Imagine your kids having a blast at our Kids Club, everything is possible here. A destination like this provides much as you can imagine, activities on land, sea and even air is what awaits you. Stay with with your family and enjoy the best time of your lives together and create your own #BelAirMoment. Bel Air Vallarta offers 215 spacious and luxurious rooms where you can enjoy a deserved rest after those long days at the beach, pool or enjoying the gastronomic offer that we have for you along with all the entertainment options that this resort has. In addition to luxury hotel rooms in Nuevo Vallarta Bel Air Vallarta offers luxury amenities that will make your stay a unique and memorable vacation, the "Bel Air Delights" those great little details that will give your holiday a touch of sophistication and also will make you feel at home. Welcome Cool Amenitie Welcome cocktail Early Bird Breakfast View all Bel Air Delights In Bel Air we know that your holiday should be something memorable that's why we have created a series of experiences that will fulfill all your dreams and needs to make your vacation something you cannot forget. Personalized vacation experiences with a touch of luxury and sophistication, the "Bel Air Experiences". All Gourmet Experience All Romance Experience All Spa Experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort