Where to start. The grocery store is right down the street. But it's definitely not walking distance with the humidity down there. The onsite store is cool. The have a nice amount of items for such a small space. Food, liquor, beer, snacks etc. The pool area is awesome. I loved the swim up bar. The sushi was not good at all. I could have made better myself. The nachos were pretty good. For room service we ordered adobada (spocy pork)pizza. When it arrived we got carne asada instead. I ate it because we hadn't gone to the grocery and was starving after the long plane ride. My wife and I were planning on spending some alone time since there was supposedly a kids club on property. When she went to check on the condition of the kids club looked as if it were abandoned. The spa is located at the entrance of the property. I wouldn't want to walk back after a relaxing massage in the humid heat. When my wife went to check on the spa, it seemed abandoned as well. She waited at the desk for someone to attend to her and no one came until she exited.
Last but not least WIFI, WIFI, WIFI.. I am not a nerd. I know your suppose to go on vacation and get away from it all. But, in the day and age I don't think Internet is included. I brought a laptop, iPad, and both of our iPhones with us. All use WIFI. The couple which was getting married also had a ipad and that was supposed to be our means of communication with each other via FaceTime . Reason being is we were watching there child/ our niece while they were enjoying there honeymoon.. The first day there I requested the network key to access the wifi network. I was given a password which did not work. The following day i attempted again and it did not work again. We then went to the wedding. Shortly before our departure, the sky's opened up and it began to rain buckets. We returned later that night and before passing the front desk to go to the room I requested another password because the one I was given did not work. I was then told that due to the rain it had knocked out the signal for wifi. I was baffled, everyday from June to September I checked the weather forecast and it called for showers. Everyday. That was a poor excuse.especially considering it is a tropical destination where it rains quite often. Finally, they gave me a password(gerencia) which noone else supposedly had access to. The catch I could only access the signal from downstairs. Mind you I was on the 6th floor, with extremely slow elevators. I went totry the new network key. It also did not work. We gave up all attempts after day 3 of 7 for wifi use. I love traveling. I been to other parts of Mexico, carribean, Hawaii. I conduct extensive research to maximize the experience while traveling as everyone should. I had tripadvisor, and google earth loaded with destinations we were "going to see. " Of course they had a business center but I had everything saved online and ready to go. We finally accepted the fact we would not have internet access. When guess what? The cable signal went out. I know its a vacation. I know I should enjoy my families company but that was ridiculous. I called the desk and guess what? WIFI works day 6 of 7.
The resort was nice but I beleive the website needs some upgrading as far as accomodations offered. I really felt like I failed my family as the vacation planner on this trip.
Would I return to Bel Air. Definitely if the picked up the whole resort and moved it to another city. Oahu, Miami, it would fit In great but needs to fix some things
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Bel Air Vallarta the perfect hotel for a family vacation" Family vacations are made to be on the Riviera Nayarit. Enjoy the beauty of the traditional Puerto Vallarta, the beautiful and colorful Bucerias, or maybe the exclusive Nuevo Vallarta where you will find everything you were looking for and more. Can you imagine spending a day at the spa pampering yourself at one of the best hotels in Nuevo Vallarta? Imagine your kids having a blast at our Kids Club, everything is possible here. A destination like this provides much as you can imagine, activities on land, sea and even air is what awaits you. Stay with with your family and enjoy the best time of your lives together and create your own #BelAirMoment. Bel Air Vallarta offers 215 spacious and luxurious rooms where you can enjoy a deserved rest after those long days at the beach, pool or enjoying the gastronomic offer that we have for you along with all the entertainment options that this resort has. In addition to luxury hotel rooms in Nuevo Vallarta Bel Air Vallarta offers luxury amenities that will make your stay a unique and memorable vacation, the "Bel Air Delights" those great little details that will give your holiday a touch of sophistication and also will make you feel at home. Welcome Cool Amenitie Welcome cocktail Early Bird Breakfast View all Bel Air Delights In Bel Air we know that your holiday should be something memorable that's why we have created a series of experiences that will fulfill all your dreams and needs to make your vacation something you cannot forget. Personalized vacation experiences with a touch of luxury and sophistication, the "Bel Air Experiences". All Gourmet Experience All Romance Experience All Spa Experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort