Myself, husband, and 7 year old son spent 8 days at the Bel Air and it was a fantastic vacation. We were there from Oct 20 to Oct 27. The pool is spectacular as you can hang out on the infinity side and look out at the expansive ocean. It also has a swim up bar and on the other side there are more shallow areas for kids. The best part was in the afternoons the activity directors set up water polo or volleyball with goals or a net across the pool. Several adults and children joined in and it was probably my son's favorite time of the day. The activity directors also did several things with the younger children throughout the morning. The entire pool area was really nice. Many chaises, lounge beds, and even private jacuzzi areas were set up around the very large pool.
The property is located toward the end of Nuevo Vallarta next to the RIU Palace. The shared beach was not very crowded, but it was perfect because they rented Jet Skis right there. My son and husband spent $50 twice to rent for 30 minutes each time and they got to go up and down the coast at exhilarating speeds. Water was glassy and weather warm. It's a long beach where you can easily take walks with beautiful scenery. We saw many couples on romantic walks...which of course my 7 year old did not want to do.
The property is small, but beautiful. The walkways are naturally decorated and there are ponds with fish and turtles. The rooms are really nice and large with great amenities. However the layout of rooms differ from building to building. We were given a two room suite which didn't work for us because it had a locking door between the two rooms, but they moved us after two nights to a different building which was much better for our situation. They also had a little business center where you could check your emails for free.
The only downside of the Bel Air was the food. The pizza oven was broken and one of the two main restaurants was always closed. You could really only choose between the pool which was bar type food and closed early or the restaurant with the terrace. We had dinner on the terrace on one of the evenings and it was fantastic. View of the sunset incredible and food was good. We had room service a couple times and it was pretty much the same menu as the terrace restaurant. There really aren't any choices for eating anywhere else as the RIU restaurants I think were for guests only and there was nothing else nearby. We took a cab into Buceria which was a short distance away and then there were a plethora of food choices. But most days after so many activities and sun it would have been nice to stay on the property and have a few more choices for dining. But I would say that the prices for food and drinks on the property were very reasonable and the quality was good. I'm sure we could have cooked in our room, as there was an oven, microwave, and burners but I like to go out to dinner.
Lastly, the people were really nice and genuine for the most part. It felt like a family operation with all employees pitching in wherever needed. We never waited in long lines or got the run around for anything. They wanted to give excellent service and they did. Anyone we asked was willing give advice on what to do and where to go and they really wanted us to have a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Bel Air Vallarta the perfect hotel for a family vacation" Family vacations are made to be on the Riviera Nayarit. Enjoy the beauty of the traditional Puerto Vallarta, the beautiful and colorful Bucerias, or maybe the exclusive Nuevo Vallarta where you will find everything you were looking for and more. Can you imagine spending a day at the spa pampering yourself at one of the best hotels in Nuevo Vallarta? Imagine your kids having a blast at our Kids Club, everything is possible here. A destination like this provides much as you can imagine, activities on land, sea and even air is what awaits you. Stay with with your family and enjoy the best time of your lives together and create your own #BelAirMoment. Bel Air Vallarta offers 215 spacious and luxurious rooms where you can enjoy a deserved rest after those long days at the beach, pool or enjoying the gastronomic offer that we have for you along with all the entertainment options that this resort has. In addition to luxury hotel rooms in Nuevo Vallarta Bel Air Vallarta offers luxury amenities that will make your stay a unique and memorable vacation, the "Bel Air Delights" those great little details that will give your holiday a touch of sophistication and also will make you feel at home. Welcome Cool Amenitie Welcome cocktail Early Bird Breakfast View all Bel Air Delights In Bel Air we know that your holiday should be something memorable that's why we have created a series of experiences that will fulfill all your dreams and needs to make your vacation something you cannot forget. Personalized vacation experiences with a touch of luxury and sophistication, the "Bel Air Experiences". All Gourmet Experience All Romance Experience All Spa Experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort