2,938 results
All reviewsazul restaurantpersonal conciergejose ramosparlor suitefrench restaurantneck massageroom servicefour seasonsteens cluball inclusive resortour honeymoonmoment you arriveinfinity poolriviera nayaritpool servicepool sidedinner reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

Overall we had an incredible time. We love staying at Grand Vellas. This is our second time with you so we can compare riviera MAYA and riviera Nayarit. Rooms are incredibly big, comfortable, clean, and well supplied. The beach/pool area are truly amazing as long as you remember to pay a little extra to people in charge. Tennis court is a real plus. Most staff is nice and helpful.

Three main cons:

1. Our concierge was surprisingly insufficient and unhelpful. We were mostly disappointed at checkout when she neglected to explain or help with the process. In addition, even though our children were sick with stomach bug one day, and we asked for her assistance in supplying towels/toilet paper/teabags and soap, we received a call at 22:45 that woke all of us, asking to deliver what was ordered hours before. No comparison to our experience in Riviera Maya.

2. Overall the restaurants are incredible for dinner. Service, food and atmosphere are all implacable. We did have an unfortunate dinner at Frida, when service and food were so disappointing due to what seemed like lack of staff.

3. Breakfast and lunch at Azul are delicious and e citing. Dinner is below expectations, with not enough variety and no inspiration. Definitely not worth the money and time.

Overall we really enjoyed staying at Grand Vellas and we will surely come back!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank audi6023247
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

We are very pleased to know, overall, you enjoy staying at Grand Velas and that you will come back!

I have, most certainly, taken note of the “cons”, that somehow, seem a tad more than a few; however, we have considered all of them and checked with all involved to get them handled and to make sure they never happen again.

Since, you are a knowledgeable and valued guest, we hope to be given the opportunity of future visits, when you can see for yourself we take your feedback very seriously.

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your comments with us, this is definitely very valuable to us.

LUCY RUIZ
DIRECTORA GENERAL
GRAND VELAS RIVIERA NAYARIT
sraruizrn@velasresorts.com

Reviewed December 30, 2016

Best meals we have ever had and we have travelled all over Europe, USA and other parts of Mexico. The Grand Velas service , quality of food and drinks was excellent. Our friends that joined us who are also world travellers confirmed it was the best holiday filled with great accommodation, service and the food. The restaurants show the world winning awards they have received and after your meal you have to agree the awards add deserving

Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank rflehmann
Reviewed December 28, 2016

I took my 82 year old mom to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit for a two week vacation over Thanksgiving. The resort is smaller than most with less walking required. We had a wonderful time. I've been to many all-inclusive resorts, and most are clean and beautiful. This resort did not disappoint. What makes the Grand Velas stand out is the outstanding service. It felt like there were 2 employees to every 1 guest. Of course I'm exaggerating, but it truly did feel that way. My mom experienced a minor medical issue one evening. I called our Concierge, and there was a Doctor at our door within an hour. The doctor took care of my mom in our room, went back to the hospital lab, came back less then an hour later with a diagnosis. The doctor ordered a prescription for my mom and within an hour the hotel staff brought the prescription to our room. All of this took place within 3 hours and the cost was minimal. This service alone sold us! We are already planning to revisit the resort next fall!. The only struggle we had was getting lounge chairs in the sun. Guests would place items on all of the chairs to save them. I was not prepared to set an alarm to get up and save chairs.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank kpete1204
Reviewed December 28, 2016

Invited to return very soon. The service excelent, everybody is extremely helpful and friendly. Room beautiful and fully operational, no complaints. Simply a top class resort. The location could not be better.

Room Tip: Ocean view magnificent
Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

I have traveled all over the world with my family and two out of my three kids have severe food allergies. This was my second visit to the grand vellas and both times every single detail of this resort is exceptional. Our rooms were impeccably designed and clean. The staff was friendly, attentive, and extremely helpful. they spoke excellent English so communication was easy and satisfying. The food was beyond compare. With three triple A rated 4 Diamond restaurants, the head chef Claudio Hotter has lead an outstanding culinary feat. Every morsel of food whether it was the butter, bread, salad, hot appetizer, entrée , or dessert was expertly designed and delivered. In seven days we had not one allergy issue which is exceptional as my children's list of allergies are very long. The shows were fun and entertaining. My six-year-old enjoyed kids club and my older kids loved the newly renovated teen club. There was plenty for adults to do and we had wonderful family time at casino night and dancing. As a mom of three and parenting author/blogger I see the world through family-friendly eyes. This resort is world-class in terms of being super luxury and family-friendly. Thank you Grand Vellas!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family