Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$466
$319
$214
$160
  • Pool
$265
$223
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$85
Official Hotel
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$210
$177
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$341
$275
Bookit.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$238
$181
$353
$129
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$198
$154
Groupon.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa Virgilios(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$82
$69
2,833 results
All reviewspersonal conciergeazul restaurantjose ramosparlor suitefrench restaurantneck massageroom servicefour seasonsall inclusive resortkids clubriviera nayaritour honeymooninfinity poolmoment you arrivepool servicepool sideswim up bar
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We visited this hotel as our first time to Riviera Nayarit. Jennifer Byrne and her staff at the Tropical Travelers recommended this resort. Jennifer was very professional, responsive, and attentive to every detail, making sure that we were taken care of from the moment we touched down in Mexico. The property was beautiful with breathtaking views and sunsets, a pleasant and attentive staff that provided exceptional service and to top it off, the weather was amazing. We stayed in the Ambassador Suite room with the external Jacuzzi. The room was not what we had seen online, but we quickly adapted and it worked out fine. The bathroom was very small and the Jacuzzi was on a separate level outside of your room. This was our first all-inclusive. The food was OK, some meals better than others. There are 3 restaurants - it would have been nice to have at least 1 more. The gym was a decent time and very busy in the early AM hours. They offered a selection of classes which many hotel guests seemed to enjoy. The basic WiFi was very slow. You can only connect one device at a time - whether you are in your room or in the lobby. We didn't bring kids -but i saw a lot of the kids club activities - and the kids seemed to have a lot of fun. It was a great place for a private getaway in Mexico - however, if you are looking for a 5 star dining resort (emphasis on dining) this may not meet expectations. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and already miss it (although we have only been back to reality for 3 days!).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jennifer F
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Jennifer, thank you very much for sharing your comments and a thank you also to Jennifer Byrne for recommending us. I am pleased that overall you really enjoyed your stay and that you already miss us. That makes us feel very nice. However, I am concerned that our culinary offerings did not quite meet your expectations and for that I do apologize. The quality of dining in our four restaurants is always under revision to ensure the optimum in a fine dining experience for our guests. Also Jennifer, I will look into our service directory and web page to find why you were not aware that we do have four restaurants. Piaf, Frida, Lucca and Azul have distinct menus offering our guests a nice variety of culinary options during their stay. I hope Jennifer that we will have the honor of hosting you in the future in order that we can satisfy your taste and dining expectations. In the meantime I wish you a lovely summer and send you warm greetings to you and your husband. Take care.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was our first experience with an all-inclusive resort and we were beyond impressed. We were there for Spring Break with our children (9 and 5) and found this resort to be perfect for our family. Let me first say, the service is top-notch! We have stayed at many 5-star hotels/resorts over the years and this certainly equals, if not surpasses, those.
I'd like to highlight several of our experiences with regards to service:
Check-in: Immediately shown to chair/couch and provided cool towels, tea, juice for the kids and a brief massage. Very nice touch! While you sit there, you are checked in (by an employee) and provided with your room keys, an itinerary of the daily events as well as other hotel information.
You are then shown to your room and introduced to your Floor Concierge. Our Floor Concierge was Chepe and he was extremely pleasant and wanted to ensure anything we needed he would arrange.
Pool: We spent the majority of our time here. Our children are huge swimmers and they were beyond thrilled with the resort pools! We were EXTREMELY fortunate to have chosen chairs (we had the same chairs everyday we were there) where we did as we were served by the greatest team! Alfonso, Manuel and Karla were our servers for the week we were there. They all work in teams and are assigned to serve a different area of the pool/beach for a week at a time. Like I said, we were very fortunate to have had been served by this team as we did not want for ANYTHING at anytime! Alfonso and team made sure we had fresh drinks/towels/food/water all day long -- even without us requesting. I want to point out something here as I feel it is important: even though this is an all-inclusive resort, PLEASE be sure to tip your waitstaff each and everyday because that is where they make their money. The daily pay for them is very little and tips are what they depend on. We were extremely generous with Alfonso and team and they made sure we were very taken care of. There is also another individual I want to thank for our experience and that is Victor -- he is the Pool Captain -- and he went over and above for us. Thanks Victor!!
Restaurants: We were very pleased with the food at Grand Velas! There are 4 restaurants and we ate at 3 of them -- the French restaurant is adult-only. The other three were very good and, again, the service was impeccable. The ONLY suggestion I would have is regarding Frida, the Mexican restaurant. We were hoping to see a menu filled with options of fajitas, burritos, tacos, enchilladas, flautas, etc...instead, it was a very sophisticated and gourmet menu. The food, while sophisticated and gourmet, was delicious for sure. However, we would have loved to have had the option of what I listed out above. If the menu could be extended just a little, I believe it would be appreciated by many resort guests.
I'd like to point out another particular individual here -- David -- the Capitan at Azul -- he was fabulous! One night was Mexican night including a live mariachi band -- the staff was preparing homemade churros by order. Unfortunately, by the time we finished our dinner, they had closed up the churro station. David offered to have an order made up for us for lunch the next day. He asked what time we would like to have them and he made sure they were ready for us -- dipping sauces and all!!! Thank you David!
Housekeeping: They were wonderful! In our room 2x/day and made sure we always had clean towels. We left our maid money each morning and were always happy to see a spotless room upon our return. The evening maids were just as wonderful and, when we could catch them, tipped them as well.
One last comment has to do with booking our Dolphin Adventure in the lobby: My husband was helped out by Rosa to book the outing. He was given pricing for the 4 of us and he asked if that was the best price we could get...Rosa picked up the phone and inquired about "special" pricing. She told my husband she had good news and was able to get one of our children (5) comp'd...HOWEVER she upped the price on each of the adult ticket by $10/ea. So, it was like the shell game where you just move the monies around. Needless to say, my husband was not happy about it as we are very savvy people. Bottomline: just be aware and be sure to question.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS AWESOME and we will be returning!

Room Tip: Higher floors give you better views
2  Thank Kerri J

Thank you very much Kerri for considering us to be “top notch”. Our goal is to meet or eclipse the best of your past experiences and generate memorable moments for all time. And I believe that we achieved that goal with you and your family. From your floor concierge to your pool servers we were able to provide you that personalized touch which helped in your overall enjoyment. I do apologize that the tour tickets’ pricing was not clarified at the moment. In changing to one of the tour company´s “promotional packages” the pricing was adjusted just as you mentioned. However after doing the math there was still a savings to your purchase, which does not condone in any way the deceitful way it was presented to you. We have made sure that Rosa does not use this approach at all and we are very sorry about this situation. I am glad that you found that the “overall experience was awesome” and that you will definitely be returning and I am sure that you will find the same smiling faces amongst our service staff on your next vacation with us. Thank you again Kerri and a special salute to Crystal Lake, Illinois. Take care.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

First visit to Riviera Nayarit and could not be more pleased with our experience at Grand Velas. Transport from PVR was only about 20 minutes. The resort is open, clean and nicely appointed. Excellent customer service throughout. All inclusive is a great option: 3 small scale restaurants (make reservations in advance) French, Italian and Mexican.... enjoyed all our meals, and the Azul restaurant by the beach is perfect for breakfast, lunch or a more casual dinner. Gym has all you need, but if you like to run the beach is packed enough for a good run outside. If you like spas, you'll want to try this one (go about an hour before treatment for the hydrotherapy circuit...it's great!). Infinity pools quite pretty and easy access to beach and chairs. Concierge very helpful if interested in excursions off property. Really enjoyed ourselves on this trip and hope we get back soon!

1  Thank Patricia P P
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you Patricia for selecting Riviera Nayarit for the first time and for reserving with us. As you are a fitness enthusiast I am glad that you really enjoyed our gym and that all your sporting needs were taken care of including our beach in order to take your daily run. What better way to pamper yourself after your training routine than to enjoy our hydrotherapy circuit and relaxing spa treatments. Patricia, I am really pleased that we were able to provide you with complete vacation happiness and it would be my special pleasure to be able to host you and your family again when the opportunity presents itself. Thank you for your valuable comments and all the best to you and your family in Chicago. Take care.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We visited with our kids(16 and 12) over spring break. We traveled with a group (I see other reviewers that complain about us, which if I'm honest, upsets me) but the majority of the travelers in our group did not travel with their children. I noticed more visitors at the hotel that were not with our group, that were with us. The hotel did not seem overly crowded, which was nice. The beach was amazing, soft, smooth sand. My kids had a blast boogie boarding in the Ocean. The resturant selections were fine, though it would be nice if there was one more. We have stayed at the sister property, Grand Velas Rivera Maya, and it was much bigger. The room was great, though the bathroom was very small compared to what we had expected. The beach service was great in the morning, but as the day went on the servers almost all but vanished. That got a little frustrating, considering I was giving them extra tips when they brought us things. We never had a really difficult time finding chairs, but we only hung out on the beach, not around the pools. There are also several locals canvasing the beach area trying to sell you trinkets and adventures, at Riveria Maya this did not happen. The Wi-Fi is horrible, we just had the basic so I can't comment on the high speed. They also have a "Teens" club which is not advertised on the website, which was great for my boys to go play pool and air hockey after dinner. Overall, this hotel met our expectations of the Grand Velas experience we previously had, it's just on a smaller scale.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Mr. Meed for coming to Riviera Nayarit with your family to enjoy your March break. Whether you are vacationing as a group or with an individual reservation we have found ways that everybody can enjoy the resort´s product and service. And they seem to have produced a measurable success. However, I do apologize for our inconsistent beach service and basic internet. Believe me Mr. Meed, we are working on both fronts to provide an outstanding experience for our valued guests and it is our goal to make your vacation experience a memorable one for all the aspects that we provide. I am very glad that we were able to meet your overall expectations not just once, but twice. Having vacationed at our sister resort in Riviera Maya you can see the dedication throughout the Velas Group. And I thank you for your dedication to us. Mr. Meed, I hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you and your family in the future so that you can see and feel the improvements that we are constantly making. Thank you again and special regards to Boise, Idaho. Take care.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel for 5 days and loved our experience. The service was amazing; there were people waiting on us hand and foot. The food was surprisingly good for an all-inclusive hotel, something we had not expected. The one big complaint we had was the WiFi. It was very spotty and none of us were able to get any work done while there. There also must have been a power surge while we were there because 2 out of the 3 computers we brought on the trip were completely dead upon returning to the states.... Major problem.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and walls are slightly thin... definitely dont choose a room on the first floor... very noisy.
1  Thank Sara D

Thank you Sara for selecting Grand Velas for your March vacation. I am very pleased that the service and cuisine were to your great liking. I am concerned however about your comments on your computer equipment. I know that you have been in touch with my concierge department and they are aware of the report. It is very difficult to explain the situation as the resort is regulated and protected from any type of power surge that may occur from the local power grid. A loss or lessening of electricity can happen but a surge is not possible. And without having your equipment it is difficult for us to speculate as to the cause. I do certainly hope that it is repairable, as the wellbeing of our guests and their belongings is very important to us. Overall Sara I am happy that you “loved the experience” and perhaps a longer vacation the next time is in order. Thank you again and special regards to Denver, Colorado. Take care.