I arrived at the stunning Grand Velas my new "home away from home" on July 13th, for a superb week long stay of rejuvenation and relaxation. I've been greatly looking forward to writing my review of this exceptional property, which truly earns its Five Diamond rating.
Lobby : Upon arrival, marveled at the stunning open air lobby characterized by a gorgeous thatched palapa roof and its centerpiece water fountain. The Check In process was thoroughly smooth and efficient as they sat you down on the sofa, welcomed with a cool Hibiscus chiller and cool towel.
Suite: Our family's suite was a Parlor Ocean View suite situated on the sixth floor which offered stunning panoramic view of the Sierra Madres Mountains along with the Ocean. The suite's 1000 square feet offered great spaciousness with a private living area with its' own flat screen separated by the King bedroom with shutters. Housekeeping was always prompt, with the room cleaned twice a day with turndown service. We ordered Room Service countless mornings for its vast selection, always arriving promptly on time, served piping hot.
Pools: The three infinity pools were kept sparkling clean, with the main pool's infinity ledge overlooking the Pacific Ocean The bartenders at the swim-up bar had a wonderful personalities and served up delicious cocktails, particularly the Mudslides and Mojitos.
Beach: The stretch of beach was lovely with golden sand and the picturesque waters ideal for some fantastic boogie-boarding.
Azul- fantastic spot for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner surrounded by the cool ocean breezes. The Buffet and offered menu items were both delicious and Recommendations: The Huevos Rancheros and Eggs Benedict for Breakfast, Asian Corner, Salmon in Goat Cheese and Diabla Shrimp for Lunch
Frida: Exquisite service with delectable gourmet Mexican offerings, especially the Cactus Soup and the Duck Breast in a Tamarind and Chocolate Sauce Mmm :)
Lucca: Delicious authentic Italian offerings, particularly the Lobster Salad and the Eggplant Parmesan. Two Words sums up my favorite meal of the week: Veal Osso Buco
Piaf: The most extraordinary restaurant in my book, the attention to the detail in each of the chef's offerings in my sampled 5- course tasting menu was exquisite. Also, highly recommend the Rack of Lamb topped with Fois Gras.
Lobby Bar: Perfect Evening spot for cool refreshing cocktails ( Recommend the Coconut Martini) to the rhythms of the Latin band.
Activities: My favorite activity offered at the resort was definitely the bike tour which was a smooth and vast ride through the Nuevo development, where on two different occasions visited the local zoo ( gorgeous Snow Leopard and Bengal Tigers) and Vallarta Adventures to see the dolphins and Sea Lion.
The entire staff on property strived to provide the best possible service, and always followed up on any requests, calling you by name. I'd especially like to thank Ixchel Mendoza ( Chief Concierge) and Alicia Pena (Concierge) who went out of the way to make our stay truly memorable.
I'm missing the Grand Velas already and cannot wait for my return "home"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is a luxurious all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, featuring an award-winning spa, incredible dining and entertainment, playful activities, kids club, stylish event space, and a breathtaking landscape on the emera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort
- Grand Velas All Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Hotel
- Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Vallarta