“Excellent Hotel !”

GreenLeadersGold level
Elkhart, Indiana
“Excellent Hotel !”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were part of a large group the first week of March 2013. This hotel lived up to it's reviews! Lareg suite style rooms...large bathrooms..large patio (very private) Amazing view. We have traveled to many hotels in various resorts locations around the globe and this hotel ranks right at the top of my list. The food and service were outstanding! Very friendly staff. The attention to all the little details to make your vacation experience memorable were attended to. We will definatley return to this hotel. One great thing about this location...very few bugs and low humidity this time of the year. We left pation doors open every night an the sound of the ocean lulls u to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 4th floor or higher. If you can get one in the 420's-430's you will look...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skimogal61
Velas M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your lovely comments about your recent stay with us. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our services & facilities.

We appreciate your preference and we hope to see you soon!

T: +52 (322) 226 8007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was by far the best all inclusive resort I've been to. I went with my husband and had the most enjoyable time. The staff was so over the top amazing I didn't want to leave and go back to reality. They waited on us hand and foot. I happened to be allergic to their beautiful flowers on the building and the concierge took a taxi to the pharmacy to pick me up allergy medicine and brought it to the pool for me! The rooms were large and extremely clean with gorgeous views of the ocean and the pools. The pool had a swimup bar that was incredible. The "American" coffee they served at breakfast was the best I've ever had (wish I knew the brand to make at home). It has only been a month and I want to go back! It was worth every penny! Thank you for such a fantastic vacation!

Room Tip: ask for ocean view suite with King bed on a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AimeeDTampa
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at this forum. It is great to know that you enjoyed the grounds, the service and the restaurants. Our main gold is to make sure you enjoy every moment.

Please dear guest feel free to contact our concierge services before your next visit.

Sincerely!!

Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband travels 2-3 weeks a month for work. But, even he was pleasantly surprise by the quality and the service at Grand Velas.

I was in paradise, the staff and the service was the best of any vacation I've had (I try to escape the winter every year for a few days). From the check-in beverage and smiles all around, to every detail in the beautiful lobby, from the first minute the experience was great.

The pool, the beach, the food (Frida was our favorite) the quality of the liquor the hotel uses were great! But, most of all the wonderful service staff. I am so grateful that they worked so hard to make our vacation so special. We are planning on coming back next year, with our whole family.

Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful place and still untouched by the violence affecting parts of Mexico.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Rosa M
Velas M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments and your feedback. It is very nice to hear that you had a very relaxing vacation.

Reviews like yours, gives us the certainty that we are heading on the right direction
We really hope to have the honor to host you& your family in the near future.
Please keep in touch!

Shipshewana, Indiana
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We've been to many all-inclusive's and Grand Velas surpasses them all!!! The rooms are huge and the bathrooms amazing. The service is what really sets this place apart - from room service, to our personal butler, to the pool boys and the spa - they anticipate your every need and desire. We love Grand Velas so much we've been back 6 times, 3 were family vacations with our children, and 3 romantic getaways with my husband. The kids LOVED the free kids club and the staff there made it so much fun. We've been blessed to travel the world and Grand Velas keeps us coming back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank csomers21
Nampa, Idaho, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Resort was beautiful! Staff was GREAT - especially Noe at the buffet! However, 3 channels out of 35 were in English and not news - they force you to buy movies. We watched Blaze which was listed at 105 pesos but when we checked out it was 172! Taxes was the answer. I tried to break a $20 USD at the front desk and was told at 11:00am "I don't have any money - try back in 30 minutes" so I did an hour later and was told to try back in 20 minutes. Really??? A $600/night resort doesn't have change for a $20? Either poor business practices or poor management. The overall experience was very good, it was just frustrating to see such a steller resort lack in such small areas. Rooms lacked attention to detail...paint from walls were on the tile and cabinet - a slipper from a previous guest was under bed - lots of dust under bed - soaker tub spout water hit side of tub and splashed everywhere if water was turned on past medium - television could not be turned up past 30 (which was NOT loud enough by a long shot) - granted it's Mexico but there was not heat option in the room (it got cold one night but we could not do anything about it) - there were no fajitias on the resort (lots of fancy other stuff but no good mexican food).

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erin W
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at this forum. Your feedback it is always very important for us. I will make sure to share your comments with all the head manager at the hotel in order to improve.

Please on your next visit let me know in advance to have everything ready for you and your family.

San Anselmo
Reviewed February 22, 2013

1 week with 2 children (8 and 12) - great trip. All amazing staff, Tony, Castaway, Hugo, Anna, & Ever (addressed us all by name) went over and above to ensure we all had everything we could wish for. If I was seen to be looking around the resort for my children, Hugo could pinpoint them in a second. I do not like to let my children out of my site, however, they and I felt absolutely safe in the resort at all times.
I like to explore new places but will certainly return to GRAND VELAS within the year. Relaxation is guaranteed. The food was superb, coming from San Francisco and a self acclaimed foodie, that is big!
I will say the teens at the resort (my son is about to embark on this stage) could do with a meeting point with some additional activities. The boys discovered a pool table, however it was not working. If they would consider converting the kids club to a teen club in the evening, maybe adding some age appropriate movies or games or just a place where that age group could go to meet the others, it would be a huge benefit. - Not a complaint, just a suggestion!
The pick up volleyball games were great introductions for the kids and adults alike.

Do not confuse this place with Velas Vallarta, that would be a completely different review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Martina C
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a great review, it is very nice to know that you enjoyed the magnificent service in all areas.

We thank you for your suggestion; it’s wonderful to have fresh ideas.

I really hope to have the honor to host you& your family in the near future. Please if there is anything I could do on your next visit let me know, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Onawa, Iowa
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The accomodations, facilities and staff are all top shelf. If you desire to be treated like a King or Queen -- this is the place for you! The pampering starts from the moment you arrive and continues till you depart! Very clean -- the staff is always cleaning. Nothing more relaxing than sitting by the pool or in your private beach cabana and having the staff bring you drinks or lunch. The drinks were amazing. The staff was exceptional. We had Francesco Rios as our drink & food waiter every day by the pool and he was exceptional! I can not find any negative thing to say about this place! The hostess at "Azul" welcomed me everyday. One waiter, Juan Valdez, was great, but then so were all of the other employees. Everything seemed to enjoy ther job and to be catering to your every whim! The gardening is beautiful and there were no bugs, maybe an iguana or two, but no bugs! :)

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and had a great view of the pool, but our friends were on the 4th floor a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank harriskym
Dear Guest,

Please if there is anything else we can do for you on your next visit do not hesitate in contacting me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
#4 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
#6 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!