“A Perfect Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was my young daughter's summary of GV - "Paradise Perfection!" We certainly had to agree and were all saddened to have to leave. We WILL be back! We have hesitated to stay at an all-inclusive. Now that we have found this marvelous dreamy place, we have no problems coming here to be treated like royalty. There were only positives here across the board from the spacious rooms, to endless high end service, delicious food and yummy drinks, gorgeous infinity pools...I want to go back NOW. Wow, wow, wow! This is THE place for families to come and leave their worries behind.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JasmineCorkey
Velas M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a great review, it’s a delight to know that you and your family enjoyed every single minute at our beautiful hotel. I will share your comments to each one at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. Please do not hesitate in contact me for any further information. It is going to be an honor to welcome you back at “Paradise Perfection”

Once again thank you for taking the time to let us know regarding your experience.

Best Regards!!

imendoza@grandvelas.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,632)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The level of service was outstanding all around property from the room service, the spa, & activities staff, and property all around. They were most welcoming and hospitable, always willing to help and make the stay more enjoyable.

At the spa Alejandra was great at getting us around for our treatments and our therapists were great. Highly would recommend the cora massage, there was great attention to detail and personalization.

The dining facilities were also very good, had plenty of options for everyone on the menu, really enjoyed Frida! All of the restaurants were elegant and lit for the right mood.

The rooms were great. They were spacious with all the amenities you could need (fridge was always stocked and so were the snacks). The Jacuzzi tub was good, bedding was comfortable and so forth. The view was fantastic as well, you can never get tired of seeing the pool and the beach! Had turn down every night and my room was always clean, so great job to the maids!
The property overall was enjoyable, it was a mini compact visions of the Riviera Maya property and I really enjoy how personable it was and easy to get around. The property was also very well maintained, clean, and I loved how well kept the flowers and greenery was. There were always great vibrant colors around. The Christmas tree was a plus!

I really liked the three level pools, certainly tried to spend as much as my time in that area. There were always activities to do too to get the clients involved- pool/beach volleyball and water aerobics seemed to be popular choices, I also did the bike tour which was fun and ended up at the zoo, would recommend that. Tonny and Gustavo did a great job in making everyone feel at home, from the adults to the kids, they were entertaining and always greeted everyone.
Only critique- wifi should be included in rate.

Overall, worth the trip and stay, would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent comments. It’s great to know that you enjoyed the spa, the service, the restaurants, the Jacuzzi, the pools and the suite.
We do our best every single day to make sure that every little detail is perfect. I really hope to have the honor to host you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me for any kind of assistance.

Sincerely!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I vacationed at Grand Velas in mid-October of this year. Wow! What an amazing stay! This was our 2nd AI vacation- the first being at Excellence in Riviera Maya- and we wanted more of an upscale experience- something similar to a 5 star hotel but with the drinks and food included. We definitely found what we were looking for! The drinks and food were amazing - but topping that was the service. We were so amazed by what great service we received and how friendly everyone who worked there was. On our first day the pool bar manager, David, came by- asked us what we would like- my husband asked for a beer that the hotel did not carry- and 15 minutes later he returned with a case of the beer that he had purchased at the grocery store down the street! He put 1/2 of the case on ice at the bar for use during our visit, and personally delivered the other half to our room. We were impressed! The food in all the restaurants were great- we liked Piaf the best and returned there twice. Make sure you get the martini's made-to-order at your table. The pools were always clean and beautiful- and empty- I think we went during a very slow time of year, but regardless, we never had to worry about getting a chair at the pool and most times had a section of the pool to ourselves. Jackie at the pool was the best! Always was there with a smile on her face!
Nightlife at the resort is very minimal- they have the Lobby Bar which sometimes has music in the evenings- we had a great time with the bartenders- they even made a dance party for us one night. Oscar mixed great drinks!
We had two rooms during our stay- both were very nice, clean and well appointed. Management at the hotel moved us during the middle of our stay since there was a car show going on at the beach (right outside of our room) so they moved us to a Governor's Suite at no charge- which was well appreciated.
Great gym, great spa, great food and drink- what more can you ask for? We will definitely be back or try the other Grand Velas in Riviera Maya next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. Comments like yours give us a fabulous opportunity to celebrate!!
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the restaurants and the service, I will make sure to share your recognition to Jacky and David.

Please contact me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable,

Sincerely

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I decided to host our wedding in Puerto Vallarta as this is one of our favorite places to vacation. We had stayed at Grand Velas previously and were impressed by the service, food and staff. The absolute best part of this hotel is the staff. They go above and beyond to be helpful and service here is perfect. Having tried a few other hotels, we decided Grand Velas would be the best place for our guests. Although it was a bit more expensive than other places, we felt our guests would appreciate the extra service and beautiful hotel grounds.
Now, for the wedding.... We decided to only host 3 parties here and have our wedding off site due to restrictions on hours. The wedding has to end by midnight at the hotel, which was not an option for us. I thought that since the service was so good, hosting a beach party, spa party and farewell brunch should be quite easy. However, I was VERY MISTAKEN. I had 3 different wedding planners. After emailing the second one 6 times with no response (3 weeks went by), I decided to call and see why I couldn't get a response. When I called, I was told, "oh, she doesn't work here anymore"...SERIOUSLY... Was anyone going to tell me or email me or respond to my messages? I was told they would get the new coordinator to call me back. We arranged a time... No call. I emailed and was told they did try to call, but i didnt answer....? I called and set another time... No call. This time I emailed at that time and said that I was sitting by the phone waiting for a call and magically, the phone rang. Speaking to the new coordinator it was obvious she did not have all the details that the previous coordinator and I had decided on, and all our guests' reservations were mixed up. At this point I decided I would have to fly to puerto Vallarta to organize everything in person. When I did this, Geraldine,the new coordinator was extremely professional and organized and had everything detailed (with a few errors that were corrected easily) on paper. I felt much more at ease knowing she was involved. After this I did not worry about it until 2 weeks before the wedding. At this time I emailed again with no response, but eventually a few days before the wedding I was contacted. They assured everything was ready. Upon arrival, our guests were to receive a gift bag and bottle of wine from us that would be placed in their rooms. When we arrived we found out none of the guests had received the wine, a few didn't get their bag. When brought to their attention, they assured it would be fixed. They would "personally deliver" to rooms. It wasn't 2 hours after this conversation that 2 groups of guests arrived, were then taken to the wrong rooms, had to wait 1 hour to be accommodated in the correct rooms... And of course did not receive their bag or their wine upon arrival.
Overall,the end result and actual events turned out fantastic. The food was great and service was excellent. However, the organization and communication leaves a lot to be desired. It is the details that make the difference, and this is where they are lacking.
Grand Velas Is a great place to stay when visiting this area, but not the ideal place for a wedding. Although Geraldine is kind and amazingly patient (much to her credit she remained composed and tolerate my rants about disorganization with amazing grace), I think she would benefit from having a bit more help and improved communication with the staff.
We got there in the end, but unfortunately it required a significant amount of prompting, supervision and showing up early to ensure things were set up. I would have liked to be a bit more relaxed during my wedding week, but the events were amazing.
Thank you Geraldine and Grand Velas for an unforgettable week and for putting up with our need for perfection.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank linbon
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Accommodations: This hotel has everything you could want. Everything was immaculate inside and out including the beach. The food was fresh and delicious. The drinks were top-shelf liquor. The servers were courteous and happy. They genuinely like their job and want to please.

I cannot say enough positive things about this resort. I will definitely be back.

If they want to improve, they could include free wi-fi..... At least the wi-fi that we paid for was quick and reliable.

Room Tip: I would have given 5 stars for sleep quality because the mattress and pillows were awesome, but we w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rich Y
Ixchel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Guest.

First of all, thank you for your preference and for the time you have taken to post your comments regarding your visit to our resort. Our staff will be satisfied to know your appreciation.
Please keep in touch with us for any further information or assistance.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel is Amazing. From the moment we arrived we felt like royalty. The grounds and pools are amazing, the room was nice, clean and very large, the food was Incredible. I knew that other people had given the food good reviews, but I was blown away. All of the restaurants were Wonderful, room service was fantastic, and everything arrived hot and tasty. The staff of Grand Velas was Exceptional; Oscar at Frida was so cool, he made us real Mexican Coffee, best presentation we have ever seen. Carlos at the pool went above and beyond every day; he made sure we were taken care of all day long. I can't say enough about Carlos, his laugh is contagious so if you are lucky enough to be in his section you will have a wonderful time. Israel G. at the buffet was a spectacular waiter, every morning when we came into to eat their fabulous breakfast he remembered what we wanted asked if wanted anything else, he was great!

We can’t say enough about Grand Velas, they made our honeymoon incredible.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the Ambassador Suite. It was worth it especially for couples who want private time o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, we thank you for taking the time to express your experience during your stay with us. It was an honor to be part of such a special celebration. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed every minute since you arrived to our marvelous hotel.

All of us are hopping to have the pleasure to host you again at this your home away from home.

Please keep in touch with our Concierge Services for any assistance on your next visit.
Best Regards!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

After a truly amazing and wonderful experience for New Year's 2011 at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, we thought we'd venture to Nuevo Vallara to celebrate New Year's 2012. Well it wasn't a venture, it was a horrible adventure. While the property and staff (especially Josue helping us at the beach and all of the concierges) were quite lovely, the "beach front" property location could not be any worse. Fighting for a lounge chair was bad enough, but having large local families, and their pets, camped out in front of the ropes (see pictures) for entire day picnics and hanging their laundry, wet towels and bathing suits made it feel more like a Coney Island public beach. Entrance to the "free public beaches" is right next to the property.

According to their website, "Discover the most luxurious all-inclusive resort in the Puerto Vallarta area; a retreat of lavish beauty and comfort that is sure to exceed your expectations." "Feast your eyes on beauty in every direction from the moment you arrive..." "We welcome you to our peaceful refuge, where your spirit will be refreshed by Five Diamond service and the best accommodations...". The property - yes. The rooms - yes. The staff - yes. New Year's Eve celebration - yes. The restaurants - yes. Unfortunately, the beach was terrible and took away from what could have been a very nice vacation. Feast your eyes on these pictures and decide for yourself. I couldn't recommend anyone to go to this property.... but would highly recommend the Grand Velas Riviera Maya.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank David T
Ixchel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your experience. I will make sure to share your nice comments to all the concierge and to Josue.
I really hope to have the honor to host you again and pamper you as you deserved.
Best Regards!

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
#6 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!