“Best All-Inclusive Yet”

GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best All-Inclusive Yet”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Accommodations: This hotel has everything you could want. Everything was immaculate inside and out including the beach. The food was fresh and delicious. The drinks were top-shelf liquor. The servers were courteous and happy. They genuinely like their job and want to please.

I cannot say enough positive things about this resort. I will definitely be back.

If they want to improve, they could include free wi-fi..... At least the wi-fi that we paid for was quick and reliable.

Room Tip: I would have given 5 stars for sleep quality because the mattress and pillows were awesome, but we w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich Y
Ixchel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest.

First of all, thank you for your preference and for the time you have taken to post your comments regarding your visit to our resort. Our staff will be satisfied to know your appreciation.
Please keep in touch with us for any further information or assistance.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon!

imendoza@grandvelas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel is Amazing. From the moment we arrived we felt like royalty. The grounds and pools are amazing, the room was nice, clean and very large, the food was Incredible. I knew that other people had given the food good reviews, but I was blown away. All of the restaurants were Wonderful, room service was fantastic, and everything arrived hot and tasty. The staff of Grand Velas was Exceptional; Oscar at Frida was so cool, he made us real Mexican Coffee, best presentation we have ever seen. Carlos at the pool went above and beyond every day; he made sure we were taken care of all day long. I can't say enough about Carlos, his laugh is contagious so if you are lucky enough to be in his section you will have a wonderful time. Israel G. at the buffet was a spectacular waiter, every morning when we came into to eat their fabulous breakfast he remembered what we wanted asked if wanted anything else, he was great!

We can’t say enough about Grand Velas, they made our honeymoon incredible.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the Ambassador Suite. It was worth it especially for couples who want private time o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, we thank you for taking the time to express your experience during your stay with us. It was an honor to be part of such a special celebration. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed every minute since you arrived to our marvelous hotel.

All of us are hopping to have the pleasure to host you again at this your home away from home.

Please keep in touch with our Concierge Services for any assistance on your next visit.

Dix Hills, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2012

After a truly amazing and wonderful experience for New Year's 2011 at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, we thought we'd venture to Nuevo Vallara to celebrate New Year's 2012. Well it wasn't a venture, it was a horrible adventure. While the property and staff (especially Josue helping us at the beach and all of the concierges) were quite lovely, the "beach front" property location could not be any worse. Fighting for a lounge chair was bad enough, but having large local families, and their pets, camped out in front of the ropes (see pictures) for entire day picnics and hanging their laundry, wet towels and bathing suits made it feel more like a Coney Island public beach. Entrance to the "free public beaches" is right next to the property.

According to their website, "Discover the most luxurious all-inclusive resort in the Puerto Vallarta area; a retreat of lavish beauty and comfort that is sure to exceed your expectations." "Feast your eyes on beauty in every direction from the moment you arrive..." "We welcome you to our peaceful refuge, where your spirit will be refreshed by Five Diamond service and the best accommodations...". The property - yes. The rooms - yes. The staff - yes. New Year's Eve celebration - yes. The restaurants - yes. Unfortunately, the beach was terrible and took away from what could have been a very nice vacation. Feast your eyes on these pictures and decide for yourself. I couldn't recommend anyone to go to this property.... but would highly recommend the Grand Velas Riviera Maya.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank David T
Ixchel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your experience. I will make sure to share your nice comments to all the concierge and to Josue.
I really hope to have the honor to host you again and pamper you as you deserved.

Kauai, Hawaii
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been here 2 times and each time I have been treated like a princess... every need is taken care of promplty by this wonderful attentive staff. The all iinclusive food is very high end and delicious! The pool is simple beatuiful and we (the girls) named the place where one can be partailly submerged while lying down THE LEDGE. All of the restaraunts were deliscious. I frefered the Italian one the best!! Their spa is a whole experience in itself!!!
Just go!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great and have views but the room that's the far left and closest to the ocean is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank goddessrocks
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit we thank you for your nice comments and for choosing us. It is great to know that you enjoyed every minute at our resort. Please rest assures that I will let everybody know about your recognition, it is always pleasant to hear we have accomplish one of our main goals.

We hope to have the honor to host you again in the near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My 8 night stay in this amazingly beautiful hotel was the best birthday present i could have asked for! The staff was awesome. The knew our names the first day and didn't ever forget them, and they were always on the spot when our drinks were empty :) The activities center was really fun. They have something going on at the hotel all day long and the guys who run it are great! I thought the food was amazing and the restaurants had great atmosphere! The lobby bar has an awesome live band every night with great bar staff. The view from our room was amazing. Being in the bay surrounded by the Sierra Madre mountains was something i will never forget. I will go back to this hotel time and time again.

Room Tip: My room was great and i don't think you could get a bad room. Of course you get a better view i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

We truly thank you for your preference, we are very glad to know that you had a fantastic time at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. Once again thank you for making us part of your birthday. I hope to have the pleasure to see you again next year to celebrate with you such an important day!!
We appreciate your very kind comment; please keep in touch with us for any further information.

Sincerely!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Place is spectacular! Been all over the world and have never experienced this kind service.

Miguel & Francisco in the pool are were top notch.
Tony and Ever provided spectacular activities although they could improve their ping pong play ;)
Luis in Frida and Ronaldo in Piaf were professional, entertaining and provided many enjoyable evenings with top notch fare.
Spectacular experience all around. Be sure to check out Vallarta Adventures - great outdoor experiences to check out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christy M
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to be part of your vacation. We appreciate your nice comments. I will make sure to congratulate Tony, Ever Forever, Miguel, Francisco, Luis and Ronaldo for such a great work!

I hope to welcome you back again in a near future, and make you feel better than at home.
Sincerely!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few all inclusive’s in Mexico but had heard how amazing Grand Velas was so I was really looking forward to my stay there. That said, I definitely was not "WOW'ed". The actual resort, lobby and pool area are quite nice, but I was a little disappointed with the food at their specialty restaurants, as I was expecting a very high quality similar to an EP hotel due to the very high prices. That said the fully stock mini bar including munchies such as chips, nuts and chocolate was a nice touch.

My biggest issue with the hotel was the service. For the whole time I was there, the wireless internet was not working. You have to pay $15 per day for the internet and it did not work. I called down to the front desk and they promised to have someone up to look at it and asked for me to stay in my room and wait, 2 hrs later and no one showed up. I called again, they apologized and told me to wait again so I did as I was on business and needed to do work emails. Another hour past and no one showed up, I finally went down to the business centre they said someone would call me to fix, once again no one did. I asked for a manager to follow up with me and no one did. Finally that night I went down to speak with the manager on duty and he didn't even speak English, so the bellmen had to translate. I am not trying to sound arrogant, but in a 5 star hotel and place like Mexico where you have a large amount of North Americans staying, you need to have a manager whom can speak English.

I asked for the morning manager (whom did speak English) to follow up with me before checking out the next day, but of course no one called. At check in their resolution offer was to not charge me for my internet… of course you better not charge me, I didn’t receive internet the whole time I was there… that’s not a resolution! Very disappointing....

Room Tip: Ocean View is a must
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
#6 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!