“"" AMAZING ''''”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We are a well traveled family of seven with two teenagers,, this place is immaculate, the staff cannot do enough for you.. Checkin you sit and get a neck massage while the staff checks you in. The suites are gorgeous. The pool was clean and our server Angel was by far the best we have ever had he called us by name and tended to all our needs daily, at Azul resturant Israel was the man he carried our plates if needed to our table, I mean a scented wet cloth came around, sunglasses cleaned,, the Spa clean and beautiful. At night the Lobby Bar we had two amazing servers Oscar and Daniel. These are the few of many people that made our stay perfect, The restaurant Azul was great for breakfast, I enjoyed all of them my favorite was the Mexican, but the french and Italian were also good. Please venture to the town and if you can make a reservation to one of the best restaurant's i have ever been to called " El Palomar de los Gonzalez this is a family owned home converted to a restaurant on a hill lookinng over the city, the food was just delicious and the sunset was beautiful. The only down side no night life at the resort, on the last night we asked the Lobby Bar staff to pump up the Music and we danced the night away, to bad we didnt know that sooner in the week. But please understand this is just one beautiful resort

Room Tip: Any Suite is good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank froggie_8
Ixchel M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments about your recent visit to our resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed along with your family your stay with us since your check in. It is very pleasant to know that we did a good job and that we as a team accomplished our main goal.

Reviews like yours, gives us the certainty that we are heading on the right direction. Please rest assures that I will personally congratulate Angel, Oscar, Daniel and Israel.

It was our pleasure to host your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again thank you for your preference.

Sincerely

imendoza@grandvelas.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,673)

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel has very nice suites we stayed with our two kids in the same room with total privacy because the king bed can be completely closed from the living room it has 2 tv's which is a must with kids, the kids club has very good activities for them from 9am to 9pm the food in the 3 dinner restaurants is amazing (very elaborate if you like this type of food like me) We only had an issue with the host of the Frida restaurant because they are a reservations only basis and on our first night we didn't know and we showed up with an empty restaurant and she refused to give us a table (we try to complain with the manager and it was impossible only the concierge took a note of it), the breakfast is very good the only food we got tired of it was lunch there are only 2 restaurants and they are not very exiting!! if you like good brands of alcohol this is the place and with no limit because they are inclusive in the plan, the service and the people are exceptional and very nice coming from an all inclusive hotel. The Spa and pool are great too!!

Room Tip: Take an ocean view room on the 7 or 8 floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andre G
Ixchel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to our resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stayed at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed our suites, the kids club, the restaurants, the pools and the Spa.

We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination; we are looking forward to welcome you again in your home away from home.

Best Regards!

imendoza@grandvelas.com

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and two daughters spent a week here. The guest room was spacious, clean and offered a great view of the pool, beach and ocean. It was well appointed and included a Nespresso espresso machine. The food & drinks around the resort were well prepared, customized to our needs and served promptly and professionally. The massage I received in the spa was the best I've had to date. The service from all the employees was very friendly and helpful. The staff remembered my daughters' names and addresed them personally. My daughters loved swimming up to get smoothies from the bar and being able to try new foods like escargot.

The beach was nice enough although I hear from friends that the gulf coast has nicer sand.

Off property we didn't find much to peak our interest. We got the impression that Peurto Vallarta is a cruse ship/tourist trap destination. Perhaps we needed to do more research before the trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank RoadN2Wheels
Ixchel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your excellent review posted about Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. We are pleased to know that you along with your family had a great time and enjoyed our services and facilities. Your recommendation is a true honor. We work very hard to make sure every one of our guest have a great and unique experience. I will thank the staff for making your stay even more pleasant with the efficient, attentive and friendly service.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we looking forward to hosting your stay again in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was such an incredible vacation. The staff at the resort was truly amazing. We are fans of Coors Light, We asked for some to be brought to our room. It was there within 10 minutes with a sweet note stating that the resort was out of Coors light but they have sent someone to obtain more. The following day, a six pack in our fridge, and another on ice with a note telling us they had plenty and to enjoy! the food was great, the rooms were amazing, the spa was excellent...I can't say enough good things! Puerto Vallarta was a great experience and we hope to be back soon!!! PS. Have the shrimp skewers and the sushi at the pool bar...unbelievable!

Room Tip: just ask and they will accomodate!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank lisalrn
Reviewed July 30, 2012

can sit here and write 987987 paragraphs on why this place is so amazing but many of you have covered it. Instead I'm going to write a review praising those that made our trip there so freaking spectacular, because w/out their energy and spirit, the hotel really would just be a pretty, clean, hotel by the ocean. The staff really takes the cake.

* Diego/Check In Employee. He was easy to understand, inviting, followed up with us each day and made sure our up grade arrangements were made efficiently and painlessly.

*David ~ Waiter by the Ocean. Through him we were able to order all sorts of veggie platters, chips etc and champagne, grey goose etc. which he would bring from Azul (breakfast,lunch, dinner buffet style restuarant) Each time he brought what we ordered to our personal cabana, in a timely and clean manner - and each time he brought us our order, it was like the first. No complaints, no eye rolls, no sighs. Of course we tipped him appropriately. By the end of the vacay he was like part of our group. P.S. i don’t understand those people that DONT tip the employees. if you stay here, you should tip. The service is 5 star and you should act 5 star as a guest.

Staff @ Frida & Staff @ Piaf: AMAZING. I didn’t catch the waiters/staff names sadly but we had the most pleasant dinner at each restaurant. The dining experience was "fun" and whimsical. Chefs at both restaurants accommodated the fact I am a Vegan and only served the most beautiful plant based dishes. Food was AMAZING. btw try the following wine at LUCA: La Gondola 2010 Pinot Noir. #heaven. Decor in all the restaurants are amazing and unique in their own way.

Xameni ~ My masseuse at the spa. She was amazing!!! I felt so relaxed with her as she did the ritual my massage was connected to. I told her the areas i needed the most attention to and she was spot on. This spa is so relaxing, clean and it was really a spiritual experience. I left there feeling super refreshed. I recommend going here at the end of your trip to replenish your skin from the sun, drinks, etc. Super clean, calm and truly serene.

Peter ~ Our "Butler/Waiter" in the Governor Suite. (3 bathroom + 2 bedroom amazing suite on the 8th floor with breathtaking views of the grounds and ocean) Peter brought us our room service in a timely manner, prepared the dining table with the various plates, made sure we had all condiments, popped the champagne, etc. We didn’t have to life a finger. And as spoiled as i may sound now, after 9 hours under the sun, we really appreciated everything he did for us to have a relaxing, enjoyable meal. Again, by the end of the trip he was part of our group. Super friendly and very professional. Cleaned up the service after each meal, freshened up, etc. The rooms are all clean, furnished in rather simple but nautical decor, allowing for a non fussy atmoshere.

Grounds were stunning, landscape lush and overall experience a 10/10. Looking forward to going again in Oct.

Room Tip: upgrade to the governors suite if you have a family, group of friends, etc.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank melineh

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. As a service oriented company our objective is not only to fulfill but to also exceed our guests’ expectations, therefore we put our greatest interest into your comments and opinion.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our luxurious suites, a la Carte Restaurants, the SPA and the wine.

Please keep in touch with me before your arrival in October; it will be my pleasure to take a good care of you. And rest assure that I will share your recognition with all the staff at Frida, Piaf, Lucca, with Diego, David, Peter, and Xameni at the SPA.

Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again this coming October.

Sincerely!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Let me first start out by saying that I travel extensively, for both business and leisure, so I have the opportunity to experience all types of hotels and resorts. Also let me say that I use Tripadvisor for all of my hotel choices, and after this hotel stay I vowed I would join and submit a review. Why? I took me a month to select this property and ultimately I did so because of the reviews on Tripadvisor (see my closing comment about paying it forward).

Bottom line - yes, believe all of the positive reviews about this property. They are 100% accurate.

Short review - Go!!! Book it!!! It will be the best trip in Mexico you will ever have. Don't waste a month like I did pouring through reviews in order to make a decision. Just.Do.It.

Long review...my experience:

Service - on par with other luxury resorts (Four Seasons, Ritz, Peninsula, high-end regional boutique hotels). The difference is that the service here is genuine/inviting/warm, and not forced in some stuffy manner.

Pool - Amazing. Thank you to Antonio and Francisco! A word to anyone staying at the property...find out which section they are working and grab a seat there first thing in the morning. They will make your day perfect.

Food - Best food I have had in Mexico (and many hotels in the U.S.). We consider ourselves foodies, we eat in some of the best restaurants in San Francisco, Napa, Chicago, and NYC. Piaf was extraordinary. You just have to know what kind of food to order in Mexico and keep an open mind...for example, there were a few who ordered the steak and were not pleased. I've had steak at all of the Ruth's Chris in Mexico and guess what? Not great. So do not order steak here and expect it to be 5-star worthy. It is not the resort's fault that the type of beef available is different than what most people are used to (perfect seasoning, though!). Also, if you are red wine drinkers and order by the bottle, be cautious because the wine will come out warm. The poolside food was great - we enjoyed everything we ordered. And the poolside food menu offers a lot of variety.

The scene - family friendly as well as romantic for couples.

The drinks - Great, fresh, and no cheap sugary mixes, top shelf brands included. First time in Mexico where poolside blended drinks tasted as good as they did - it's as if you are making a smoothie at home with fresh fruit (with a little added kick, if you choose). They offer a drink menu, but it's really for indecisive people, which is how I was my first day. By day 2? I was creating all types of blended drink requests and they were more than happy to accommodate. And where else can you get such a perfectly proportioned mimosa?!

Excursions - We did the zipline canopy tour (WOW so much fun) and also the sea lion encounter. Both were quite possibly the coolest things I have done in a long time, if not ever. To be hugged and kissed by such a personable sea lion is a timeless memory (and I have photos in case my memory fades). Seek out Rosa - she will help you with your excursions and is so detail oriented we knew exactly when/who/where/how without even having to ask.

The room - On the hotel's site it is pretty hard see what the rooms look like. We were travelling with young adults and decided to give them their own room. It was also my son's birthday and Annelieze - our reservationist - really went out of her way to make our trip special (thank you Annelieze). When we checked in, and they were showing us our rooms, we found out that they upgraded our second room (so both rooms were next to each other - Ambassador Penthouse rooms). For this reason nothing about the room could bother me...but I will point out the little things just so you are prepared and feel that this review is somewhat balanced between pros/cons: There was 1 outlet in the room, and it was next to the sink; the room is somewhat dated and plain, but not too bad considering you should only be in your room to sleep; there were coffee pods, but no coffee maker; turn-down service was excellent, if only it happened every night; and we ran out of clean towels. All very minor and I write that more for the hotel to read.

Spa - Very beautiful and high-end. The spa at the Grand Velas was nicer than most other spas I have visited across the country. We did a couples massage it was fabulous! Make your reservations as early as possible because they tend to fill up. After my massage I decided I wanted a facial and some other treatments, but they were booked up.

Gym - For those of you who like to workout on vacation, and those of you who would rather not but force yourself to workout (like me - see blended drinks comment above - had to work off those calories)...the gym is very nice. There are plenty of machines, water/Gatorade, towels set out everywhere. And if you want a butt-kicking pilates mat workout, do the Monday/Wed/Friday 9:30 am class. I thought it would be like any other resort pilates class - I was wrong! The instructor was great (sorry I did not get her name).

The grounds - Beautiful, perfectly manicured.

The other guests - all very friendly. We had great conversations with people from Mexico, the U.S. and B.C.

I hope this review helps you make your decision. I consider this first review "paying it forward" since it was the previous reviewers who convinced me to book my vacation here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Deanna G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion in Tripadvisor and for choosing us. At Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, we appreciate all of our guest’s comments and suggestions regarding our services and facilities, which benefit our impulse to increment and maintain our ambition to achieve top quality service levels. We are really glad you enjoyed the experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you in your “home away from home”

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Wow the rooms were amazing the service was great the people that work there are so great everything's clean great food an amazing place I wil be back

Room Tip: Get the double room suite
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joyawwad

Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing your lovely comments about your recent stay with us in the paradise of Riviera Nayarit. It is a delight to know that you enjoyed the suites, service and the food. We hope to have the opportunity to pamper you and your family again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
#6 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Marival Residences Luxury Resort
Marival Residences Luxury Resort
#4 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!