“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was a fantastic experience from the time we checked in until the time we checked out. Excellent food. Unbelievable service. Can't wait too go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Korean first
Kinnelon, New Jersey
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Overall my wife and i had a very enjoyable experience. The food at all the restaurants is very good. I would recommend contacting the conceirge prior to arriving and making your reservations then.
Room - Very Clean - Ask for a room on a floor higher than the 3rd floor since smoking is allowed on the first 3.
Pool - Nice
Beach - Pretty and relaxing
Service - Very Good
SPA - Just OK
Value - Overpriced

During our stay March 14-24th there were two large business conferences. Which seem to have an impact on the services offered and the availability of the restaurants.

One draw back is the inability to have parents controll their children. If you have been to an Adult all inclusive this will be a big disappointment.
Also pets are allowed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

My family and I just returned from our second visit to GVRN. Grand Velas is top of the line in so many ways. The property is gorgeous and always immaculate. The food is top quality- way over-the-top compared to other all-inclusives. The spa is a true experience for the senses. The kids' club is exemplary. (Seriously, other resorts, including sister property GVRM, need to take notes from this kids' club) All of this is true, but what sets Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit apart from anyplace else is the service.

Many staff members remembered us from our first visit, and we remembered them! You can clearly see the staff love GV as much as the guests. Ask, and you shall receive. Everyone is always smiling. Whether it's your first visit or your fifth, staff members recognize you quickly and greet you by name, learn your preferences (favorite drink, favorite foods), and are at your disposal to make your visit a true pleasure.

Some downsides- the wi-fi service is terrible. GV has completely outsourced it, and is not responsible for it. (Guests- do not buy it; it is not cheap and does not work well.) Also, I suffer from a bad back, and felt the beds were uncomfortable. (I'm not sure if this opinion was exacerbated by our recent purchase of a Tempurpedic- may have spoiled me for all future hotel beds.)

You really can't go wrong with Grand Velas. My family has fallen in love; we will be back!

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank rhendrix64
Ana M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is good to know that you & your family had a great experience at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit.

Please feel free to contact us at imendoza@grandvelas.com for your next visit.
Once again thank you for your time and your observations. Our guest suggestions are always welcome.

Sincerely!

Ixchel Mendoza Samano
Chief Concierge
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We just got back from what I have to say was one of the most enjoyable and luxuriously decadent vacations we have ever had! My husband, myself and my 13-year old daughter were treated like a King, Queen and Princess from the moment we arrived. We did not want to ever leave. The service was positively outstanding! The staff were charming, friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. I wish I could name them all but I would run out of space and I wouldn't want to leave anyone out! There was so much to do--and the food!!!!!! The food was the best I have ever tasted and the variety they offer ensures that there is something for everyone. And I'm a foodie. The selection was fantastic given they have four restaurants as well as a different menu with room service and at their pool snack bar. You can order anything you want day or night, and they even have a pillow menu!

Room Tip: With Higher floors you are guaranteed a better view of the ocean, but we enjoyed our corner first f...
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Value propiation is not the best. I felt like if I was at a sales convention, everything you ask they would say YES, but when it came time to deliver, they were very lousy. Great infraestructure but
They have room to improve with the cleanliness.
This is the right place to come without kids. I have a 9, 6 and 2 year old and the hotel has nothing for them. Their kids club is not in line with the type of hotel, it's basically 2 rooms together with a tv and some video games, but nothing to play sports or do activities that don't involve a TV.
If you like spicy food, the buffet is good. If you don't, the buffet is very limited. I was expected a much more varied and exquisite dining.
A couple of good pools, good relax. The beach is dark and not very appealing...
So if you come to relax, take a tan and nothing more this is the place to come, otherwise don't bother you're going to loose your money.
Take into consideration that a hotel with this infraestructure and the internet is poor and they charge you.

Room Tip: Not the first floor, too much noise.
2 Thank Juan P
Niwot, Colorado
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I went here quite a while ago, but I had a great time. There are multiple pools with tons of features. Being young, I ate french fries and played pretend poker for the whole time. The higher floor the better. Incredible main lobby and second floor restaurant. Go there if you want a great vacation.

(Visited in June '08)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Asher J
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We just got back from our week at this resort. I'm not sure where to begin but I have to say I had no idea an all inclusive could be so amazing. The resort is immaculate and the staff went out of there way each and every day. The food was fresh and tasty and the waitstaff was always asking if they could get you anything. My kids loved the kids club and the acitivities offered for them at the resort. The SPA was super luxe, maybe nice than any other spa and a ritz, JW or four seasons. We cannot wait to go back, I only wish there were more direct flights from NY!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
#5 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
#6 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit? Share your experiences!