“Eating Lebanese food in Mexico”
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Cuisines: Italian, Lebanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Why eat Lebanese food in Mexico? because this place is that good!!! The flavors were both unique and delicious. We tried many items and all (with the big exception of the free rose infused ice cream) were wonderful. Definitely try the kebobs and the taziki (which was different than I am used to- more like a very flavorful cucumber/ feta/ yogurt soup). The service was exceptional and they try their best to make sure you have a great experience. Hope to go back when they have the belly dancers!

The price of this dinner in New York would have been more than double what we paid and I doubt we would have gotten to chat with the owner.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have to say that rarely, if ever, I write reviews, but I had to do it for this restaurant! I'm a Lebanese cuisine fan, but unfortunately Mexico is just opening to real international food, I.e., other than Italian and some Spanish-like food. Was really impressed when I saw good reviews of this restaurant here, so I and my... "significant other" decided to give it a try. We were there two weeks ago, low season in Vallarta, yet it is open the whole year.
The owner is the chef ,the manager and the public relations person. Whether you are the only table or the place is full he'll come to greet you and take a picture of your party. Service is excellent and friendly, not too pushy neither too late.

Now into food... the best shish taouk with batata harra in our first visit, then I tried the kibbe bola, with the same dish (probably too garlicky for some,but I loved the potatoes) my partner had some chicken kebab like thing with waited mushrooms, and the second time the shishtaouk. He was impressed, and that from him says a lot (besides the fact that we had to repeat our visit).

ambience is good, relaxed, and somewhat casual, but never looked down on me for wearing beach sandals. Cost, well I think quality always is more expensive. Nonetheless, for a couple of main dishes, an appetizer, and three or four sodas 40-45 DLLs seem fair if you think you just had one of the best meals in your life. We got complimentary rose petal ice cream (unbelievably good), and excellent service.

Will definitely go back next time we visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to Mediterraneo on a recommendation on the first night of our vacation. We were warmly greeted and served a dinner fit for royalty. The lamb was great and the tabbouleh and fat oush were awesome, and among the best we have had. Everything was very flavorful and we topped off the great meal with the signature Rose Petal ice cream. We were so impressed that when our son and daughter in law joined us three days later, we took them for dinner. We had great time and Mario and Daniel do a great job with service and preparation.
We recommend this highly and will certainly put this on our list of regular spots in Neuvo Vallarta.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

While on our honeymoon, we were searching for a place where we could smoke hookah and stumbled upon this restaurant in Plaza 3.14. Not only do they provide premier brands of shisha, but the food is excellent as well. We have had Lebanese food multiple times in the United States and nothing comes close to how delicious the 2 person shared entree was.

We were treated like VIPs the entire time. It was a one of a kind experience. The waiter attended to our every need, learned our names and talked with us about Mexico, Lebanon, the food, the background of the owner. We were amazed. The owner and chef was equally as friendly and truly made us feel like we were part of their family coming over for dinner.

Thanks to Mediterraneo for such an incredible experience!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were to meet and eat at another restaurant, however when we arrived it was closed. Lucky for us Mediterraneo was close by, so we thought, what the heck, let's give it a try. I am so happy we did! The food was authentic, fresh, flavourful and simply delicious! We ate and loved the tabouli, the fattoush, the grape leaves with amazing hummus, the falafel (my fav.)! We had the lamb kabbob and shrimp as our entrees - again seasoned and prepared perfectly. Along with great, attentive service, this was a wonderful night. An amazing "find" for us. Can't wait to get back!