“expensive for the food and service”
Review of Burger Made

Burger Made
Ranked #36 of 142 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Burgers are good but a little pricey considering you are just getting a burger. They range from 180 to 335 pesos for a burger. Fries are charged separately at 85 pesos a serving. The fries by the way are PERFECT! Crispy on the outside and nice and moist on the inside. It would be nice if it was open for lunch rather than just for dinner

There are newer reviews for Burger Made

Reviewed July 13, 2013

As a guest at the Grand Luxxe, my family and I were excited about a visit to the restaurant that boasted "the best gourmet burger". With a reservation pre-scheduled, we arrived to a relatively empty restaurant, where my son was acosted because he was wearing a tank top, with his shorts and loafers. He was advised of the dress policy which is stated as "casual" and required to wear a "shawl" because his shoulders must be covered. In spite of this embarassing and emasculating (my son's expression of how he was made to feel) event, we still planned to eat in this establishment.

We were then escorted to a separate and empty dining room. When I inquired as to the reason for being led to a completely separate and empty dining, while all of the remaining patrons were in the main dining area, the maitre'd explained he wanted to give up this option. I requested we be seated in the main dining area along with all of the other patrons and led the maitre'd to a more appropriate table in the main dining room. The event was upsetting to my family and emotionally challenging to me. My son in the tank top elected to return to our two-bedroom suite and change his shirt. When he returned, he and the rest of my family ordered meals which were satisfactory.

I, however, was unable to eat. I attempted to address and remedy the situation with the manager, Daniel, but to no avail. When I requested the meal be comped as a result of the disrespectful and offensive treatment, Daniel, stated, "Do you want me to pay for the meal?, proceeded to whip out his credit card, hand it to the maitre'd, tell him to run it although he didn't believe he had enough credit to cover the meal, call his (Daniel's) wife and tell her that I was demanding he pay for my family's meal. According to Daniel, he had insufficient credit available to pay for the meal.

I remained calm and requested the bill be held by the hotel manager on duty, who agreed to hold the bill, so that it could be discussed with the manager who is responsible for all of the restaurants upon her arrival the next morning. Daniel called security, who declined to come, and demanded I pay the bill immediately. He stated that he was going to make the server pay the bill if I did not. Needless to say, under those circumstances I felt compelled to pay the bill.

The unfortunate part, in a calm and professional manner I attempted to explain to both the maitre'd and the burger restaurant manager why their treatment of my family and subsequent actions were offensive. The maitre'd offered an apology that contained an explanation in support of his actions while the manager, Daniel, said the words, "I apologize. Do you accept my apology?", but then continued to speak to me in a very disrespectful and threatening manner.

So, although the food might be satisfactory (and it should be better given the prices), as a hotel guest and customer, I would strongly recommend guests/customer not patronize this establishment. The best restaurant on the premises, in my opinion, for both food and service is undoubtedly Punta Arena, which is truly a five-star establishment. The Punta Arena manager does an outstanding job of ensuring his guests feel welcomed and receive quality food and service.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The burgers here are good. However, over priced range from 180 pesos to as much as 335 pesos.. The sweet potato fries were amazing, but again 85 pesos for a small order.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have eaten at both locations in Riviera Maya and Nuevo Vallarta. Love the food, we seem stuck on the "Le Quack burger", half duck meat and half pork, delicious. French frys are perfect. At the Riviera Maya location the hours of operation make sense: Lunch and dinner. It is also the Grande Luxxe pool restaurant. At Nuevo Vallarta, they don't open until 5:00pm. During our last visit to Nuevo, 2 weeks ago, reservations were needed to get a table for dinner up to 9:00pm. When we were turned away at 8:30pm, with many empty tables in view, we were told reservations were holding those tables. As we walked away, the manager, Daniel chased us down, apologized for not having a table and bought us a margarita at Epazote's in the Luxxe 1 building, our favorite restaurant on the property. He said many people are put off buy the need for reservations at a burger joint....maybe they should change something? Anyway, good food, a bit spendy, but the atmosphere is stellar.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had dinner here the first night of our trip. The burgers smelled amazing and were pretty good, but they got lost in the huge rolls. The bread to meat ratio was way off. Also I don't mind paying for fries ala carte but I would expect a fresh product for the money. These fries were some kind of marginal frozen product.

Also the bugs were awful!