New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Epazote
Ranked #34 of 121 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fairly new restaurant in the Grupo Mayan/VIDA complex. Excellent traditional Mexican specialties.
North Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enrique Garcia Goes the Extra Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Yes, I am biased, as a Grand Luxxe member, but for many reasons this is my favorite restaurant in Nuevo Vallarta. The service is impeccable, especially from Socrates our dedicated waiter. As diners, we present a challlenge, as I am lactose and gluten intolerant and I sometimes travel with friends or family who have life-threatening food allergies, but chef Enrique and his staff always takes special care with our meals. The menu is a great introduction to Mexican regional cuisine, we enjoy the Mexican treat festival antojito, a great way to try four different small bites. The sea bass, and snapper Veracruz are excellent, as are the braised short ribs and lamb mixiote. Hoping they put the flourless chocolate caked with a hint of chile on the regular menu, but the postre selection is great. The sorbets especially the jaimaica made from hibiscus flowers is very tasty.

• Visited October 2012

Mission, Canada
“High end Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in food selections and the food more than delivered in taste and presentation.

Visited November 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I realized in Mexico that is really difficult to find a place where you can eat mexican food. Most of the time, you would get a lot of tacos, quesadillas, etc.
Here I discovered things like the Huauzontles, squashblossom sauce, Tampiqueña with nopales, Xnipek sauce, etc (I prefer not to clarify what they are because I´m expecting for you to give it a try) The greatest thing of eating that kind of food is that waiters demonstrated me that every chosen dish has a history related with mexican culture.
I totally recommend the guacamole because they prepare it in front of you (it taste better).

• Visited January 2012
Morristown, NJ
“Excellent Regional Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Quite surprised this fine restaurant is not rated higher but it is somewhat difficult to get to if you are not staying on the Mayan properties. The restaurant is nestled in part of the Grande Luxxe tower one in a very comfortable setting. Indoor and patio seating available. We ate there two nights this week and were very impressed with the food and service. The second night was a prix fixe tasting menu accompanied by wines from Mexico, the experience was world class. As an aside, some very nice wine is made in northern Mexico and it was a pleasant experience to see the cuisines matched with these wines.

Norwich, Connecticut
“Epazote: Fine Mexican Gormet Food Served in a Beautiful Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience and food at Epazote! We each had a 3-course meal. For appetizers we shared seafood chile rellanos and Mole tacos. Loved the rellanos but would try something other than the Mole tacos next time. For dinner, wife had a scrumptious, perfectly cooked, seabass with grilled vegtables. She loved it. Our desserts were really cool! I had the 3-corn special: corn ice cream, carmelized pop-corn, and corn flan. Yes, it was a bit strange, but ..... heh it is fun to try new things. I enjoyed it. Wife had a flan with sorbet. She liked it too. All in all we had a great experience. The ambience is fantastic!

• Visited October 2012