WINNER WONDERLAND

“A fun, different thing to do in PV” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cooking Class in La Casona Restaurant

Cooking Class in La Casona Restaurant
More attraction details
Owner description: By International Chefs: Personalized chef jacket, lunch with wine pairing, beverages, recipe book and diploma.Everday 1:00pm - 4:00pmLimited Availability
Aspen, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A fun, different thing to do in PV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had a great time cooking and eating with Chef Julian. He made us feel at home, The entire staff was very hospitable. Chef showed us what we would be making, some techniques including the pan flipping which my husband was all about. The restaurant and hotel are beautiful, and the food was delicious. We made tortilla soup, mango and fennel salad, seared tuna with two kinds of sesame seeds, mushroom risotto, and creme brulee with serreno chilies. I like to cook, but this was both beyond my usual skill level and at the same time, easy to do with the chef right there to help. I even made the tortilla soup again when we returned home. Fun time and great memories. You will need to take a cab to the hotel, it looked like it was walking distance, but it really wasn't - from Paradise Village. It was an expensive afternoon, but a nice splurge for us, everything was included in the price.

Visited February 2012
6 Thank SAR415

NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The most personalized top quality cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I decided to give this class a try. It was located right next to our resort in Nuevo Vallarta- Villas de Palmar. The class was very intimate and personalized. The executive chef, Eugenio Villafana was just incredible. Not only was he talented and creative but he was very attentive to our needs. It was a complete hands on class and every step was explained in detail. We had so much fun cooking with him and his staff. I highly recommend this class to all the novice and experienced chefs out there. We also were given personalized chef jackets and hats and a cooking recipe book at the end of the class. This was definitely a highlight of our trip. Not only was it fun but I learned so much from him. Thank you Chef Eugenio for a memorable experience.

Visited September 2011
11 Thank Liza L
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A true culinary "experience"!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I are confessed "food snobs" and weren't prepared to be blown away by a cooking class in Puerto Vallarta... BUT WE WERE !!! Complete with our monogramed chefs' jackets, we prepared a three course meal and then enjoyed our meal with another couple and our chef, Eugenio. Can't wait till next time! And also, plan to duplicate our meal at home, since we were also given a cookbook with full recipes!!! A MUST!!!

Visited October 2011