“Indulgence at its best”
Review of Tatewari Spa

Tatewari Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For pleasure and indulgence, we invite our guests on a journey of luxury, relaxation and rejuvenation with a wide range of exotic, traditional and luxurious services including our signature Tatewari ritual. A rich tradition of the Vallarta region’s Huichole people, the spa’s unique Tatewari ritual provides a complete indulgence of body, soul and mind. For centuries, hidden away from the modern world and protected by the natural barrier of the mountains, the Huicholes performed this ceremony to heal the Earth and keep nature balanced. Today, the healing tradition lives on in practice and philosophy at this facility.
Lake Tahoe (California), California
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Indulgence at its best”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Say "Ahhhmazing" ten times ! Book your time at least once when visiting the Nuevo Vallarta area. We stayed at the hotel which gave us the opportunity to use the facilities a few times! If you're just using the hot tub, steam room, waterfall shower you've hit the tip of the iceberg! I signed up for the 80 min hot stone massage made it best ! After the service you come back out and they pamper you more ! Eye cucumber pack and and neck warmer while you sit in the reflection room- away from the pool noise and the world ! The treatment and massage prices are comparable! World class indulgence!

2 Thank MLAbug

Edmonton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Different experiences all together. Mixed”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was shown to my locker, and given a glass of herb water and left to myself. I had to rely on a plastic card to figure out how to use each shower/pool etc and when. No one else came in to see me and I was only person in the room. I left after 30 minutes.

I asked a man at the front desk about my husband, and he went in to check. Then he came out and told me that my husband is using the facilities and that I can wait for him in our room. We had checked out already, and I felt like I was being told to leave.

I ended up waiting for him by the pool. When my husband came out, he LOVED his service. He had someone show him each station, and had him rotate to each one after 10 minutes. After, he placed a compress on his forehead and cucumber peels on his eyes, and had him lie down in a lounger to relax.

I'm happy that he got such terrific service, but I just wished it extended to me as well.

Visited September 2013
East Brunswick, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Best in the Area!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the reasons for my return to Villa La Estancia is the Tatewari Spa. The treatments are wonderfully executed. Try the Thai massage by Nancy. My husband and I had multiple massages and all the therapists are great. They adjust your preference for pressure. Blanca at the front desk is wonderful at answering questions and following up with customers if they ask to be informed of any specials.

During this stay, I also went to the Grand Velas Spa and I prefer Tatewari Spa hands down. While the treatment menu is not extensive as grand velas, the common area spa facilities (steam room, sauna, and jacuzzi) are much larger at Tatewari. Tatewari's rainfall shower shoots out more water/pressure. Not to mention the prices at Tatewari are more reasonable and the attendants are friendlier and warm.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Shari R
East Brunswick, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Immaculate Spa with Great MassageTherapists!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were in VLE with the AI which included usage of the spa facilities so I used the facilities on days I did not get treatments. Hydrotherapy consisted of head/shoulder water massage chamber, steam room, sauna, rain fall shower, Jacuzzi and col plunge pool.

Blanca at the front desk was great at explaining the various services and for pairing my husband and I with the right therapists for the massages we were looking for. Ask for Claudia and Lucio for massages. The honey body polish saved my sunburned skin and the scalp massage from Nancy put me in an instant state of relaxation (best night's sleep for me that night).

We skipped the hand purifying ritual at check-in since my husband wanted to get to the room asap after the long flight from NJ but another guest who did it was offered a special on the honeymoon package for 3 hours @ 175 per person (regular price is 225 per person). My husband and I did it (we received 15% off with the AI package) and it included 80 minute massage, body scrub and facial. They also gave us a bottle of champagne which was a nice touch. The massages were so good we went back for 2 more massages in the week! The facial was good but no extractions (not sure if this is the standard in Mexico since each time I've gotten facial in a resort spa in Mexico, no extractions were performed).

Ask for the daily specials! I was planning on checking out the Grand Velas Spa but Tatewari Spa was so great that I kept coming back there!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Shari R
Parker, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of the best”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Gone to this spa on an annual basis since 2007 and most recently in December 2012, never disappoints. Before your massage or other service you are escorted to the state of the art water therapy room complete with a hot and cold tub, steam and sauna room as well as a unique sit down 'water shoulder massage' which you sit down and hundreds of gallons of water rush onto our back and shoulders. The massages are great, if you want to spend a few bucks go for the "4 Hands" massage.

Visited December 2012