“It was suggested by new friends.”
Review of El Dinamita

El Dinamita
Ranked #11 of 150 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marisqueria al fresco, owned by the same people who own Fajita Republic on the same lot
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We met a couple the other evening at our time share. They asked us we would like to go for dinner some evening. Tonight was the night.
They suggested a seafood place their daughter had eaten at. Neither of us knew what to expect.
We walked down the street from Paradise Village approx. 3/4 of a mile. El Dinamita is a small, open air restaurant underneath beautiful trees. Our waiter came over to get our drink and I began to pull out my readers. He informed me I would not be needing them.
He said he was going to ask is questions about our likes and dislikes, what we like to eat, and suggest a menue which he would take to the chef for a price.
We ended up with an appetizer of spiced jicima and melon and chips and salsa. This was followed by a rice dish with shrimp, fish and cheese that went on garlic bread. Amazing!
The next course was two salads and garlic, coconut and panko breaded shrimp.
Each course so far was served with several different sauces, salsas and dressings.
Next up were delicious fish tacos with cilantro salsa. Then our waiter brought out our final course, a lava pot with what looked like a stew (?) with steak, fish, onion, shrimp and mushrooms that we put on fresh tortillas.
Everything was served family style.
As we were finishing up our waiter decided to treat us to a round of white Russians. I was about to turn mine down since I do not like then and decided someone might want it. After my wife remarked how good they were I decided to try mine. It was so fresh and delicious. It tasted like chocolate milk.
I would obviously recommend El Dinamita to everyone.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I adored the flavors of this place, everything tasted really fresh but the flavors were all unbelievable. Just let the waiter choose your food, that's what he did for us and everything was amazing. And I never allow waiters to choose my food, ever. But the waiters definitely know their best dishes, so allow them to choose your food as well. The view isn't much other than a beautiful tree that has nice candles and such hanging from it. Other than that you're pretty much sitting in a parking lot. But you must go for the food, there wasn't one thing that wasn't good and everything came out really fast. Not one complaint.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Mexican Food: This place is totally outside. If it rains you will have problems keeping your food dry. The food is to die for and the ambiance fantastic. One of our favorite places. Been here 4 or 5 times now and never have I been disappointed. If the waiter suggests something from the menu or not from the menu for that matter. Always get it! It is a wonderful surprise. Pablo De Leon is a wonderful waiter and if your lucky enough to get him your dinner will get a little entertainment with it as well. Some of my favorites are Dynamite rice, The Molcajete bowl, Ceasers salad

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just returned from dinner at El Dinamita. The food and service were both excellent. Being first time visitors, the dishes we selected included various fish, chicken and prawn recipes that were recommended to us by the host in order to meet our specific tastes. They exceeded our expectations. The fried ice-cream desert along with a generous Kahlua was the perfect gastronomic terminator! We would heartily recommend this restaurant to all who enjoy good food, prompt friendly service at a very reasonable price. A memorable experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

While I'm sure they do it this way to appear totally customized but actually it makes it easier to present a limited range of dishes.....not a negative as it makes it cool not to know what is coming next. The service was good and friendly. The food was well prepared, with the only negative being that it came really really quickly.....to the point that they could have sold us more drinks by being more leisurely on the timing. Maybe others like it fast and they are catering to the majority but it was a slow night and they didn't need to turn the table that quickly to get a lineup in.

1  Thank kelownatraveller