“Adventurous Dining”
Review of El Dinamita

El Dinamita
Ranked #15 of 141 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marisqueria al fresco, owned by the same people who own Fajita Republic on the same lot
Haddonfield, NJ
“Adventurous Dining”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We visited this restaurant with a group of friends . We were initially confused by the encouragement to eat family style because of the variety of food preferences among the diners. We did agree to try an appetizer suggested after a discussion about allergies, likes, etc. it was delicious and we were sorry we had chosen to order from the menu. One person who had ordered his meal by requesting it include shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, and cheese was presented with a bubbling cauldron which brought oohs and aahs even before it was sampled. It didn't disappoint. We all enjoyed our dinners. Next time, however, we will put our fate in the hands of the chef.

Visited March 2014

Edmonton, Canada
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We ate here for the first time a year ago, at that time I gave the place 2 stars based on the service and quality of food, not good. I realize now that I neglected to post a follow up review about my husband's horrible food poisoning from this place. In the middle of the night it started and the poor guy was down for 2 days with the worst food poisoning I've seen, luckily I haven't seen a lot but this was horrible. My husband is a big healthy guy, I was shocked to see how sick he got from the fish. Luckily my elderly mother who was with us escaped getting it because at 95 years old I'm sure it would have done her in. I fail to see why this place is #8 in Nuevo. Don't be fooled by the schmoozing of the staff, it's the same every time, the dishes prepared just for you are prepared the same for everyone, the credit card machine does work if you press them hard enough. I just want a quality meal at a fair price from an honest restauranteur, this place fails on all counts.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank chewybiteme
toronto
“Average at best”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

They pretty much tell you what you should be having. ... And when you get it, I would classify it as average at best. I get the impression is they want you in and out as quickly as possible. No desert menu or maybe they do not offer desert when it's busy. .... When the food is not great at a restaurant sometimes a nice atmosphere will help make it a more pleasant experience. This place had neither. We have been to quite a few restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta and unfortunately would have to rate this one at the lower end.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank travel2012159
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
“Bad experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Sorry but the food and the service there were not acceptable. We had chosen our menu but the Manager insisted to switch our choices for something he said was much better. BIG MISTAKE!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank CecileNHenry
Kitchener, Canada
“Sneaky”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I left this restaurant feeling lied to and cheated. They do not readily provide information about prices for food nor drinks. The all-you-can-eat fish dinner was to be $184 and the Manager Jorge said that people ask him how much the extra things are that he offers but it is "one price" for everything. I assumed this was for everything except drinks, however, we were charged for all the additional dishes we were offered and served like guacamole and dessert. And the drinks turned out to be very expensive as well. It was way too much food for me as well. All of the food was delicious however I don't like being lied to.

• Visited March 2014