“Great Bites” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Dinamita

El Dinamita
Ranked #12 of 136 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Marisqueria al fresco, owned by the same people who own Fajita Republic on the same lot
Burlingame, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Can't go wrong. In fact if you allow them to order for you, they say "if you do not like anything, I will buy it for you". Wonderful fusion of flavors that are far reaching small (share) dishes bent often in Mexican flavors. A little sister of Fajita Republic, a restaurant I go my first night every week I am blessed to be down here.

• Visited December 2013

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“How can it keep getting better when it's already fantastic?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

The customer service is over the top, the atmosphere superb and the food.....well you can't put it into words. But.....the owner does, you don't like it, you don't pay! That says it all, no?

• Visited October 2013
Cypress, California
“SO Disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

After reading countless reviews about El Dinamita, we knew we had to try the restaurant this trip to Nuevo Vallarta. I have to say the service is out of this world. Jorge and all the crew were absolutely wonderful. The setting is beautiful and relaxing. We thought we had found our new favorite. But then...back at the hotel, my son and father became violently ill. (They had both eaten some sort of shrimp pot.) And, I mean VIOLENT! It was horrific. It took both of them days to fully recover; their bodies were pushed to the limits. We lost half of our vacation days because of this dinner. I don't think my son will ever be able to eat or look at shrimp again. I am sure this was some sort of fluke, but needless to say, we will NEVER return to El Dinamita, nor recommend it to anyone traveling to the Puerto Vallarta area.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank STACY B
“Flavorful and good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Yes it's nice to think you are getting a meal made just for you but everyone around us had the something but that being said it was delicious. I am assuming we had all the "signature" dishes. My husband really enjoyed the poke bowl. The escargot was in a garlic oil sauce that was very flavorful, the cheese/gravy sauce that was in our steak lava bowl was also very good. We also had the rice dish. It seemed like a bowl of rice with seafood in it but it was more than that. It was also very good. I would go back and have all the same dishes again. The service was very good and the price was what I consider cheap, we left full.

• Visited November 2013
Northern California
“Always Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Although their signature dish is not a favorite. I love everything else we've tried and since they like to serve you like you are eating Tapas you get to try numerous dishes. We've had the shrimp in garlic butter, escargot, ahi, fish tacos, fish with octopus and mushroom topping and cerviche all come to mind. When I go back I think I am going to reorder something I had before but they always get me to try new and I am never disappointed.

Visited November 2013