“A Unique Experience”
Review of El Dinamita

El Dinamita
Ranked #18 of 156 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marisqueria al fresco, owned by the same people who own Fajita Republic on the same lot
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our family visited here on recommendation. We had a party of 8 with children, teens, and adults. Expecting to be ordering from a menu we were caught of guard when the waiter simply began telling us a bit about the restaurant and the ingredients they use and started asking about our likes and dislikes. We were initially like deer and the headlights. Picking up the cue he assured us that his goal was to provide an amazing dining experience and said that if every there was anything we didn't like we could simply send it back. Hesitatingly we began to share a bit about our likes and dislikes, but with 8 people at the table there was not much of a consensus. Our waiter then confidently said, "I'm going to bring you some of this, and this, and this." Honestly, we were not very confident, but said okay anyhow. My fear and suspicions began to creep in. Would the kids like much of what landed on the table. Two daughters began to mutter that they would just like a menu. How would we know what we were being charged and would he just keep bringing food until we had a huge dinner bill?

The first three items hit the table served in family style dining. Cautiously we started to dig in and "Bam!" everyone's faces lit up. It was unique, inventive, and (most importantly) delicious! We flagged the waiter back and told him more about what we liked and didn't like. A few minutes later a couple more new items on the table and we devoured them. I think we may have ordered one more item and more drinks before calling it quits.

Then, perhaps sensing our initial unease with this process, our waiter returned and asked if as a way of saying thank you if he could offer us complimentary White Russians. Naturally we accepted. The bill came to 1620 pesos after a generous tip (the service warranted a hefty tip), or roughly $15/person. While not "cheap" certainly not expensive for how well we ate and the quality of service.

If up for a little trusting adventure I recommend giving this place a try!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm sorry, but I will not return to this restaurant. I went based on all the fabulous reviews on Trip Adviser. Firstly, they don't quiz you on your tastes, they ask questions that lead you to ordering what they want you to order. They served every table around us the exact same dishes. The fish tacos were great but every other dish was average or below average. They blended the tomatoes for the salsa rather than hand chopping resulting in a foamy mess. The guacamole was slimy, again blended and not hand mashed. The other dishes just had too many sauces or were not appealing to look at. I will say the service was excellent and they really did try to please us. If you go because the good reviews outweigh the bad reviews I highly recommend you order off the menu.

6  Thank Magda T
Reviewed June 21, 2012

So gooood!!! Jorge is the best! He asked us what we liked to eat and just brought us dishes he thought we would like based on what we told him. All of which were amazing. Thank you trip advisor for telling us to go there and thank you jorge for making it a perfect experience! Going to el dinamita helped to make our trip! Muchas Gracias El Dinamita!! Go!!!!

1  Thank Jami H
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Food was excellent; however, biting bugs have kept us away during rainy season

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My family has been coming to vacation in Mexico for the last 6 years and I would like to thank Tripadvisor for helping us finally find our favorite restaurant this past week at El Dinamita. There were 6 of us in our party (including my 5 year old) and we all shared the opinion that the food was outstanding, the atmosphere was perfect, and the staff was amazing.

Based off of other reviews we were lucky enough to know to leave our ordering up to our waiter Jorge, and he couldn't have picked a better variety of food for our party. The Dinamita appetizer was described by my friend who was with us as "the best thing he has ever tasted". My wife thought the Tuna Poke was the best thing she ate during our trip, and I have to say the steak/chicken Molcajete was something I will crave until the next time we are lucky enough to return to El Dinamite. Not to mention the Mojito's were delicious! The food really was amazing (and abundant!)

As for Jorge and the rest of the staff, they were so attentive and personable that they really topped off the night. My 5 year old has quite an imagination and like's to pretend he is a waiter when we are out sometimes, the staff welcomed him as part of their waitstaff and he had a blast "helping" them out. He was treated so well I really can't say enough about how much we appreciated it. He can be a handful sometimes and they made him feel right at home which made our experience all the better.

We were also really happy to find out they delivered to the Grand Mayan, we enjoyed the food so much that the next night we ordered delivery(we would have gone back but we were leaving the next morning) and I can honestly say we enjoyed it every bit as much as the night before. All in all a great restaurant that deserves the praise it gets on Trip Advisor. Thank you Jorge, we will see you next year for sure!

1  Thank cokib