“Timeshare info/plus a few extras”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Topeka
“Timeshare info/plus a few extras”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

There are a few comments I would like to share regarding the timeshare presentation that I have not read on this board.

What has been printed regarding the length of the presentation, indicates the presentation will take ninety minutes. This is a much of (*&^*&^. The employee (JoAnna) at the main check-in said the ninety minutes begins after breakfast. Beware, you will have breakfast about thirty minutes after you arrive. Once you arrive, the questions start immediately about you, your wife, your family, etc. During breakfast, you sit with the salesperson. This individual will ask more personal questions. When breakfast is over, our salesperson asked me to leave a tip! This tactic started what was to be an unpleasant morning.
Upon leaving the breakfast area, our sales person walked my wife and me around the Grand Mayan complex. During this time, and until he was finished with his presentation, he repeated the same lines five to six times about the owner, the positives of the complex, and so on. My wife and I felt annoyed, and insulted with his approach. By dinner time, we were laughing about the sales person’s presentation.
By the time he started to present the cost of owning, I informed him the ninety minutes was up, and he needed to wrap-up his presentation. This did not make a difference until I told him we were done. He went to get the “manager” to sign us out. I thought we would leave soon---WRONG. The manager tried his best to sell us a timeshare. When I told him we were done, our sales person told me to be respectful to his manager. This did not go over well with me. In so many words, I told him what I thought about his comment he made to me about his manager.
The manager said he would get a customer service employee to complete a survey, and we would be finished---WRONG. This person asked us two question, did not write down one word, and moved on to trying to sell us a timeshare. I stopped this nonsense, and he walked us out to another room where our salesperson was waiting for us. He took us down the elevator, and introduced us to another employee. This individual told us, he worked for the owner and wanted to visit with us about the presentation. He told us, the sales people work for an independent agency, and work on commission. After tell us this bit of information, he asked us four questions regarding the presentation, then HE tried to sell us a timeshare. This did not go well. I cut him off after ten minutes or so of his sales job. So, if you were keeping score, that was four different individuals who tried to sell us a timeshare—all with different tactics, but with the same goal in mind.
We started at 8:30 a.m. and finished at 11:15 a.m. I have listened to several timeshare presentations, and the sales tactics at this property are by far the worst. If you choose to listen to the presentation, be mentally prepared to stand your ground if you are not interested in purchasing a timeshare.

How can EVERY other employee on this property be so professional, yet the employees selling the timeshare are major jerks (I am being nice with this description)?

Do you want to save $7.00 on taxi fare?
If you eat at Prime 159 & Eddie’s Place (which were excellent), take the cart over to the Grand Mayan and walk through the employees’ parking lot. Once you are on the other side, walk two blocks and you will arrive at Prime 159 or Eddie’s Place.

I do not understand why there are so few American speaking television channels. According to the employee who provided the timeshare presentation, the majority of individuals staying on the property are from the U.S. & Canada. I sent an e-mail to the web site while we were at the Grand Luxxe asking about this issue. I never received a response.

I played on the golf course that is on the property. The greens had been aerated, and they started to the same on the fairways. A six-some on the back nine really slowed played for everyone. I asked after playing why there was a six-some on the course. No one could give me an answer.

We were in tower three. The construction never bothered us. We had problems with our A.C., door lock, and the bracelet that opened the door.

Room Tip: Tower two has an excellent workout area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jhawker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
Houston-Tx
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been at The Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta and Riviera Maya. I own two bedrooms and I go every year. I love The Grand Luxxe. I love what they offer like restaurants(many), Gym, Golf, landscaping (wonderful), and I am not receiving $$$ for what I am saying: It's just a wonderful, calm place to be. The service is perfect, the place is perfect!

Room Tip: Going to Nuevo Vallarta get the fly to Puerto Vallarta, ask the consierge to pick you up at the airp...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Celita Louback W
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

For our annual trip we decided to try Mexico and promptly fell in love with the Grand Luxxe property. We were slightly concerned with all the reviews about the construction noise, but we requested a room in building 2 and there was no noise at all. The pictures on the website are very much what you see is what you get. We were very impressed with our two bedroom master suite.

All the staff at this property are amazing. Wait staff, cleaning staff, concierge, hosts, activities (sun glass cleaning was really nice), etc. All very nice, friendly and professional!

What we were not told about was the meal plan they offer. We heard about it from other guests. Although we were a couple of days into the trip, the meal vouchers were still a good deal. We highly recommend that people look into this if they plan to eat at the property restaurants.

The Vida timeshare people are very nice and convincing to say the least, but at the end of the day they will not provide you with any type of legal document to review or time to think about it. This was our show stopper and our representative did not take no very well. They promised us it would be 75 minutes....well 4 hours later we were still being sold something. If you are interesting in buying, just be very cautious as to what you are getting - they will promise you the world and will want you to make a decision on the spot.

We were there at the end of May and I would recommend bug lotion for the evenings...

We would stay at this property again in a heart beat....the only thing we would do differently is purchase the meal plan at check in and perhaps pass on the Vida (timeshare) presentation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Christy G
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have been owners in the Vida series of facilities since 2003 and currently have several weeks in the Grand Luxxe. The facilities are nothing short of superb, fabulously spacious over 3000 sq. ft. with a very large deck area in our case two of them with a dipping pool. The units offer two separate bedrooms with Jacuzzi tubs, showers to die for all exceptionally well maintained. Maid service is twice a day. The centre of the unit incorporates a full kitchen (less a stove) , dining area, and living room many overlooking Banduras Bay or Puerto Vallarta. Each floor has a concierge to service bookings, and other needs including providing free coffee each morning from 7:00 to 11:00Am. All staff are incredibly friendly yet efficient. They pamper you like no other resort that I have ever had the pleasure of attending. The golf course has been reworked and plays beautifully and they are in the process of building another. When the grand plan is finished, this will be the premier spot to vacation in all of Mexico.

The "except" is the sales and contract department. We inquired to have some elements of our contract clarified and confirmed in writing since February 2013 when we were at their Mayan Riviera location. To the day of writing this review, and after many attempts to get clarity, the contract/ Sales department has chosen to ignore my requests. Stay away from the sales presentations. They are full of pressure and will pull tricks to alleviate money out of your pocket. Believe me that the 10% discount that they offer for you to attend the presentation is not worth your time.

It is truly sad that the hard work of thousands employees working to make your stay enjoyable is undermined by one department and obviously Senior management. If Senior Management looked after their sales department with the same care and dedication as the facilities and other staff this place would be Nirvana.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Barry M
San Jose, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just came back from a week at the Grand Luxxe.

There are so many positives and I will start with those:

Beautiful rooms-almost all the comforts of home.

Great service whether it's at a restaurant or just in the building all the employees are exceptional. I have a few favorites and they know who they are.

Great food-we never left the premises, we never do. Every meal was outstanding. Punta Arena by far the best and the little taco stand on the golf course is great too.

The new spa is fabulous and well priced.
All in all honestly a great time, and enjoyable time.

My concerns/complaints are as follows:

Concierges in Tower 2. Lovely and sweet but really not too helpful. I think they could be of more use standing at the airport greeting people and directing them, and keeping the wolves at bay, than sitting at a desk pushing an elevator button and saying hello. This service is a great thought but doesn't really work. Our concierge was charming but every request such as setting up golf and restaurant questions, she literally screwed up. We got passed it and we survived but honestly a waste.

The Santurio is great and beautiful but-we come to Mexico to be in Mexico. The entertainment was fair. I was blown away by the Mexican folklore dancers and Mayan performers...why not more of the authentic Mexican music and entertainment. There was a Spanish singer and a guitar duet they were great too but the singers singing OLD AMERICAN standards were just well...not my taste. Love the Santurio though it is a great addition.

Can we have an adults only pool please? With all the incredible pools why not just have 1 for adults that want to be away from screaming kids for a few hours.

Havana moon, CLOSED! So sad! great restaurant on the ocean and its closed. With that beautiful ocean right there why not have more ocean view dining experiences.

The great sales pitch/aggressive sales right when you walk into register. Luxxe, my husband and I traveled for HOURS to get to you and I am met with a large. aggressive woman staring me down and calling me senorita and quite frankly making fun of my Spanish which is bad but not that bad....she was rude, aggressive and I just wanted to get away from her so I could sit down and check in. I agreed to go to the sales meeting which was literally from 9 am till 3 pm!!! No joke Do whatever you can to avoid this at all costs not worth it, 10% is nothing.....don't do it.. Honestly this makes me not want to come back.

The offer of buying a bottle of wine at dinner/extra beers-with the idea that you can drink them whenever you want and enjoy them at any restaurant/pool later.....doesn't really work. As I stated earlier my husband and I never left the premises. We purchased everything at the resort. So every time we took advantage of this service, we were met with suspicious employees asking where we bought the alcohol. it made me uncomfortable. For this to work, the Luxxe needs to place stickers on the bottles/alcohol purchased at their establishment which then can be enjoyed later.Note lots of people go to this resort and openly shop at a Walmart 6 miles away. You will see them at the pools carrying large containers filled with booze....

Spread out. Lots of ground to cover. This place is HUGE and easy to get lost. walking to one place and ending up at the wrong place happens all the time. More signs....less plants.....

All in all a great value for a vacation. really lovely. They need to work out the kinks and once they do this place will be perfect. I will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Getbackjojo
North Palm Springs, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This facility simply defies description! It is certainly the most luxurious resort I have experienced, and it is truly world class.

Grand Luxxe is a series of towers on the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta property. When fully completed, there will be 4000 acres of unparalled luxury and beauty. The entire property is divided into "classes" with the Grand Luxxe customers at the top of the food chain. The Luxxe guests are assigned black wrist bands and can use every pool and recreational facility on the property. That is not true if you stay at the other resorts (Grand Bliss, Grand Mayan, Sea Garden, etc)..

Grand Luxxe residents enjoy (at least) a 3000 SF 2+ bedroom condo with 14 foot ceilings, generally sweeping views from enormous decks, and two almost-identical Master Bathrooms each with it's own jetted tub. There is a dedicated Concierge on every floor of a Grand Luxxe facility, so you have someone willing to help you at every turn. Service and friendliness from everyone is A+++++. And I will single out the Maid for keeping our unit almost hospital-spotless every day, often spending 2 or more hours cleaning every single item and surface in the unit.

We ate at every major restaurant on the property except one (see below) and all would be rated at 8.5 to 10. Room service also was exceptional and the food very high quality. The pools designated as "only" for Grand Luxxe residents (remember you can use all but all can't use yours) were simply spectacular with a quiet and refined elegance and beauty. There is currently one golf course (usually included free in your rental package) and one under construction.

There are no cars on this property at all, as they must be parked on a garage at the edge. Guests can use an extensive walkway system or hop a tram outside your tower and you can get to anyplace easily and quickly. Plans call for a Cirque Du Soleil full time theatre and a world-class water park, all coming in the future.

Absolutely fantastic place, but it's important to note that it is not without a few things worthy of improvement.

The (little bit) bad

First off, almost every tower lobby has overpowering floral scents. While I can't verify it, I believe these scents are actually generated by machine and are not given off (only) from the flowers in the lobby. If you're allergic to floral scents, or even if they mildly bother you, BE WARNED - THEY CAN BE OVERWHELMING! The Mexican restaurant is located in Luxxe Tower 1 and that tower is so heavily scented that of our party of 8 - one person had to leave due to the scent and at least 4 others expressed they would prefer to dine elsewhere.

This is too bad - a little scent can be enticing. Too much can be overwhelming and sickening. I hope the owners and managers of this facility read this review because it's easy to correct.

Second - all of the beds are very (very!) hard. If you don't like super-hard mattresses, you will find it difficult to sleep. There are many hotel chains that have realized that slate-rock hard mattresses don't cut it anymore, and compromises have been found for a firm but more comfortable mattress.

Third - if you are not fully mobile you might want to avoid the resort. Hopping on and off of trams constantly and extended walking to and from the trams may not be for older more-infirm folks. For us it was no problem, but I think it's fair to mention this.

The (one) extremely ugly

Have you ever been to a Timeshare presentation? For most us of the answer is "yes". Personally I have been to 5+. Well now, consider the single most aggressive presentation you have been to and then multiply it by a factor of 5! These salesmen were so aggressive that we almost felt physically threatened if we walked out without a purchase. Plus they were making absolutely OUTLANDISH income claims from units you turned back to the rental pool Of course, these claims wouldn't be verified in writing but it "had been this way forever and just trust us."

Not only did we not buy, we will NEVER consider buying here in the future. After 7 HOURS - yes 7 HOURS with them, they still wouldn't authorize my 10% discount on my bill unless we met with yet another "closer" and went through another sales pitch. (Fortunately I told this to my Concierge and he immediately gave me the discount because he had heard similar horror stories about these Shylocks from other guests!)

Bottom line - I LOVE this resort! It is simply and absolutely fantastic. Be prepared for the hard mattresses and stay away from the Timeshare guys and you will have the time of your life!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank MikePsp
Frisco
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We just got back today from the Grand Luxxe Resort and I am just in awe over how truly pampered I felt each day.

The Villa (in Grand Luxxe 2)
The balcony of our one bedroom villa was about 1,350 sq feet with the small plunge type pool was unbelievable! We ordered room service and they set it up on the balcony for us so we could watch a sunset and the cost for the food was comparable to what you would pay for at the restaurant. You may want to consider it one night on the balcony. We had what they called the garden view so we faced the ocean (could not see it clearly since we were on the 3rd floor) but had a great view of the sunset. They came in two times a day to clean the room and the real bonus was they had coffee each day from like 7 - 11 AM. The rain-type shower was fantastic and I even took a dip in the Jacuzzi tub. Another bonus, they put a band on your arm with an RFID chip in it that will open your room which is wonderful so you don't have to carry around a room key and also easily identifies which building you are in. When you are guest at the Grand Luxxe you can use all the amenities on the property.

The Amenities
The Santaurio was fantastic each night because you only had to buy like one drink and you had entertainment for the night. The pools are fabulous and we ended up at the Grand Luxxe Punta pool almost daily. The spa was fabulous and we had a wonderful 80 min Swedish massage. I would highly recommend a massage at the Spatium. It is true about the cleaning of the sunglasses and the popsicles each day. The games around the pool are funny by the activities team and my favorite was the "lazy game" and basically I had to guess his birthday (month/day) for a free drink. Even though I lost, it was just funny! The gym which just happens to be in Grand Luxxe 2 was outstanding!!!! I found myself there 5 days out of 7 just for the fact that I did not have to fight anyone for any of the machines. The guy walking around with the chilled towels was my hero. They offered classes but you had to pay for most of them so I opted to just use the cardio and weights. One of the largest workout facilities I have ever seen at a resort. Saw a wedding on the beach and they even set off fireworks after the couple had their first dance. It was beautiful!

This is a place that you want to go and totally relax! One watch out though, we went to Wal-Mart and bought some food and liquor and when we got back, they charged us $25 pesos per bin (like one of those storage bins) for the food to take it back to your room. You can try and haul it to your room but we just paid the money since in USD it was like $2.50. I just had not seen this anywhere in the reviews.

Overall, if you have the opportunity to go to this resort and want to relax, this is the place and it was first class all the way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple