“A refreshing change in the resort area”
Review of La Casona

La Casona
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An American steakhouse utilizing locally sourced ingredients of the highest quality to create classic favorites and Mexican specialties without parallel. Whether for gourmet breakfast or a sumptuous Kobe Beef dinner, La Casona provides an extraordinary culinary experience.
Reviewed May 30, 2015 via mobile

One of the few disappointments in Nuevo Villarta is the food. This restaurant is the exception. The ambience is matched with excellent service and mostly excellent food.

We had calamari, salad, lobster bisque, steak, and coconut shrimp. All but the latter were excellent.

Highly recommend for a nice evening out.

Date of visit: May 2015
VLE R, Director General at La Casona, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Dear Guest
I personally want to thank you for giving La Casona Restaurant staff the opportunity to serve you and for taking the
time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am truly delighted to see that we were able to provide you with high quality service and food

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards

Josue A. Halley Ojeda
Food & Beverage Manager

Write a reviewReviews (239)

Reviewed May 25, 2015

The food at this restaurant in Villa Estancia was wonderful! The restaurant manager, Miguel Torres, went out of his way to make the dining special. Made sure our food was perfect and when my wife's steak was a little over cooked, sent it back, got her a new one and comped the entree! Angela was amazing too! Always remembered our names and checked in often! The grilled vegis with hummus, Blue B cocktail and Steak & Lobster was amazing.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 12, 2015 via mobile

The service was the problem. We had a table for six people and obviously no waiter was assigned to this table. We waited more than 30 min and after several reclamation that we even couldn't order drinks. After a official excuse they took the order but the attention not really increased. We had to stand up and to look for someone who made us the favor to serve us. The meal in general was good and the manager even came and excused the bad service.
The next day it was better, but not as you might expect it for a hotel restaurant .

Reviewed February 22, 2015

We stayed at Villa la Estancia, so trying La Casona made sense as it is right in the hotel. It is the high end restaurant in the hotel. As steak appeared to be the specialty, my wife and I both had the NY Strip steak. The steak was prepared properly and tasted good and the vegetables were excellent. The baked potato had a sauce on it that was not that great. The view from inside was good, and the service was good. We eat dinner early, so we didn't have any of the long wait time talked about in other reviews. I recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed February 12, 2015

We are staying at La Estancia in an apartment with a kitchen. We decided not to cook and go to their upscale restaurant La Casona and we are glad that we did. My wife and I started of my sharing the two appetizers that had crab. I ended up with the Jamaican Tuna and and my wife had the wild Salmon. The service and presentation was top notch and we enjoyed the piano playing during our dinner. With Valentines being this Saturday this was a very nice and romantic start to our long weekend. La Estancia is the last hotel on the Nuevo Vallarta and it is worth a short trip to enjoy the food at La Estancia.

Date of visit: February 2015