New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Porto Bello Bistro & Lounge

Porto Bello Bistro & Lounge
Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: After 20 years of service in our resaturante in Marina Vallarta we decided to open our second home in Nuevo Vallarta making a change in our image, with a Terrace, Bistro and Luonge where we serve our best dishes with our excellent Porto Bello service and Music of our DJ
Asheville, North Carolina
“Lovely meal at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here in January outside on the beautiful terrace. We both had seabass variations and I highly recommend the fish entrees. Our dinner consisted of salads, entrees, dessert, and an excellent bottle of wine. In Boston, the meal would run greater than $150 before tip. Our delicious meal at Portebello was $120 including a good tip and great atmosphere. We ate there during the week, which was less crowded. If you go on the weekend, I would make reservations. We also ate at their sister restaurant Prime 125, equally delicious. The cab ride back to our resort, Paradise Village, was $5. I am glad to see that Nuevo Vallarta is gaining good restaurants.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
Napa, CA
“Delicious food, atmosphere, service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was our first experience dining at Porto Bello. Wow, we've been missing out! First, the food was delicious, even the bread, served with a wonderful pepper salsa. I had the salmon which was a serving larger than I could eat. It was served with a wonderful fruit salsa, rice, and very fresh vegetables. Husband had canneloni and it was good as well. We were too full to try dessert but I did order a Margarita and surprisingly, it was the best Margarita I've had this trip.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis
“Best in Nuevo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were here for the 3rd time in as many years and it has the best food in NV. I had a very reasonably priced entree of canneloni that matches any I've had in any Italian restaurant. This is a beautiful place; people seem to like outside but I love the elegant interior decor. The service is top notch, the prices quite reasonable for the upscale nature, and we also enjoyed a $30 bottle of Italian wine. We will repeat on this trip, not something we do often.

Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
“Exceptional Service and Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Recently my friends and I had the good fortune to dine at this establishment. We had waiters by the name of Miguel and Boto who were absolutely first class as far as customer service and client attention. The food was amazing and I would highly recommend this establishment. It really makes your vacation experience magical. Thank you Porto Bello.....I will definitely be back as will all my friends!!!

Pismo Beach
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food and wine were excellent. It is expensive. The place is very clean and beautifully decorated. It is not your typical hole in the wall, but upscale.

Visited January 2013