“Maybe we take home for granted”
Review of Ginger Garden Lounge - CLOSED

Ginger Garden Lounge
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Dinner out was a great disappointment after all the reviews posted here... perhaps it is because we have access to really good Tai /Asian fusion cooking back home. Portions were small and prices were at least twice what we are used to paying. 2 appetizers, one salad, and one entree worked out to $80 (would have been under $40 in Canada). Yes all items had nice flavor but even the drinks were pricy (95 pesos). I think we'll respectfuly pass on this restaurant.

4  Thank kahp

Reviewed July 18, 2012

A fantastic combination of outstandingly high quality cuisine with a new touch on the dining experience. The drinks are out of this world. The food would make anyone's head spin with ecstasy! Ginger Garden Lounge is a simple, quaint, and magical experience! The service is impeccable...much better than most fine dining in the states. WOW! And the food leaves your mouth and lips quivering. Every dish is full of ingredients that are perfectly wed to the next creating a layered extravaganza in each bite. Their desserts are fantastic and to top it all off it costs less than chinese take out! 70 dollars will wine and dine a couple for 3 hours! I will definitely be returning and recommending this restaurant until the chef (A young culinary genius in his twenties) moves on to his next platform!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

While riding the free trolley through Nuevo Vallarta, the wife and I came upon this restaurant. We tipped the trolley driver and asked him to keep an eye out for us later. It was a typical hot early afternoon and we were parched. We chose to sit indoors by the windows and we were immediately given a couple of saketinnis while we looked over the menu. The waiter was more than helpful explaining the dished in detail. I was soooo thirsty. He suggested I try a Lemon Gingerade. I agreed and my wife ordered something similar the Asian Lemonade but hers had Lycheee and green tea. They were both so refreshing.
We had the fried calamari, pork springrolls, and the mixed satay skewers for appetizers. The sauces were out of this world. When the sauces ran out were were promptly brought more! We had the Ginger pad thai and the shrimp fried rice. Yes, we took some home.
On the next trip we caught a liitle rain and the waiter came out to the cab wth umbrellas. We tried a couple of different appetizers and they were equally good. This time we saved room for desert. My wife ordered the chocolate and banana wonton with vanilla ice cream, I had the Rainbow of Sorbets consisting of lychee, passion fruit, mango vanilla and chocolate.
This is now our go to place for asian cuisine in Vallarta. Oh, and thanks to the trolley we never would of enjoyed this experience!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

There were four of us that dined at Ginger just two evenings ago. The wine and drink list is excellent and they also offer delicious non alcoholic drinks. We started off with two appetizers: egg rolls and pot stickers. Both were devoured and found to be prepared perfectly. I chose the grilled chicken with stir fried veggies as my main entree and I was not disappointed. The chicken breast was juicy and seasoned just right. The veggies were cooked to perfection and still crunchy. Two of us had the sweet and sour pork and they enjoyed every morsel. The fourth person had Thai chicken with veggies and liked the flavors.. The restaurant has excellent wait staff who offer suggestions when asked for assistance, they made certain your dining experience was one you will remember with pleasure. Check this restaurant out. You will not be disappointed. The setting is beautiful and very relaxing with a choice of outdoor seating or indoor air conditioned seating.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had another wonderful experience dining at Ginger's with friends this evening. I have been to this restaurant several times and it has consistently been excellent. The food is well prepared and beautifully presented. The service is excellent. Niño cannot be eat for his attention and warmth. He is a wonderful employee and makes your dining experience very special. This place should definitely be on your list!