“Decent Asian Food in a nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ginger Garden Lounge - CLOSED

Ginger Garden Lounge
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cancun, Mexico
“Decent Asian Food in a nice location”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I had dinner this week at Ginger while on a business trip in Vallarta. The restaurant has a very appealing ambiance with tables both outside and inside. I was well received as a single and given a nice table outside. The waiter was very nice and knowledgeable. He recommended the tuna tartar appetizer over the veggie lettuce wraps so I took his suggestion. For a main course I ordered the duck tacos. The tar tar was served with mango and almonds on wonton tostadas. The presentation was beautiful but the dish was so salty that I couldn't taste any of the other flavors. The waiter did offer to change it for something else but I declined. The duck tacos were good but also not fantastic.

I give Ginger 4 stars on because the food was't amazing but the service and location was nice. I would probably go back because their aren't too many options in this area.

Indianapolis
“Fabulous food, elegant atmosphere”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

A five minute cab ride from the string of resorts in Nuevo Vallarta, Ginger is in a contemporary setting with both outdoor and indoor seating. It has an extensive drink menu with some out of the ordinary specialtys made with sake...as well as other liquors....I had the cucumber crush with an underlying hint of ginger and my husband had the berry mojito. BOth great and not too sweet.
The menu is extensive as well with about 10 or more appetizers, make your own salad combos and pad thai. Also meat, seafood and poultry dishes. I had the Magret Duck made with sweet potatoes and a great sauce and mys husband had grilled Mahi Mahi with mixed vegetables and another great sauce. Some vegetarian options as well.
Excellent quality of food!

1 Thank SueTerry
Canada
“Fantastic evening at Ginger Garden”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of dining at Ginger Garden, both the food and service were outstanding. We enjoyed the complimentary cosmo sake, as well as the ginger cookies at the end of the meal. The restaurant itself is very beautiful. We will definitely be back!

1 Thank Kawakawaman
“Decent escape from salsa.”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Authentic Thai taste. Layout does not create privacy and intimacy, but still a nice ambience. Pad Thai was adequate. My partner enjoyed her Kung Pao chicken.

1 Thank Dereleact
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We wanted something other than the usual chips ans salsa. We went to the Ginger restaurant and had a fantastic time. The food was great with the lettuce wrapped chicken breast the highlight of the meal. Service was effficient and aatentive to our dining needs.
I fully recommend this restaurant for a change of pace.

• Visited December 2011