“Wonderfull Setting”
Review of The Grand Bliss

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Bliss
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Wan Bliss and can't enough about the staff and services. Is you are at the pool for the Grand Bliss your can't get better service, that includes all of the pools. Or favorite employees at the Grand Bliss pool are Cristine and Danny Boy. At check and out Alejando is very y efficient.

The setting and views are very nice especially if you are lucky enough to get a ocean view.

Room Tip: Any ocean view, but the back side is also OK.
1  Thank bobalou19
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at The Grand Bliss, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear bobalou19:

Thank you very much for providing your comments about your vacation at The Grand Bliss. We are pleased to learn you had a wonderful vacation.

We are certain all the staff mentioned will gladly receive your feedback as they always look to meet our guests’ expectations to the fullest. Comments like yours are an incentive to continue perfecting our performance.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Happily,
The Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just home from 2 relaxing weeks at the Grand Bliss. We enjoy the smallness and quiet offerings the Grand Bliss has... great room service, amenities & staff - all quality. Genaio De Los Santos at the main desk was most helpful. Bruno and Moralia at the Balache restaurant were the best, although the Mayan Palace pool condition could benefit from some overdue maintenance. We found the prices at the Market Place and Cafe de Lago a little high, but overall, we had a lovely stay and a chance to visit with our dear friend, Cristina Omelas.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at The Grand Bliss, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Nancy H :
We are gratified to hear about your visit at The Grand Bliss. We are pleased to learn you had a wonderful vacation and really thank you for your kind comment about our staff, as we consider them one of our biggest assets. We are certain Genaro, Bruno and Morelia will gladly receive your feedback, as all our staff is always looking to meet our guests’ expectations to the fullest.

Comments like yours inspire us to continue creating ideal vacation experiences.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My friend has a time share and we have been going to Mexico for 5 years now. This was the first time that we got to stay in the Grand Bliss. We had an ocean view and it was spectacular. The size of the rooms were so beautiful, we especially liked the artwork.

The marketing rep, Christina was the best rep we ever met with. She was not pushy, like all of the other reps that we had met through the years. She reviewed my friends contract with professionalism and truthfulness. She was very genuine and we really appreciated her candor.

Other people I'd like to mention are Karina, Edgar, and Marco Polo from the activity staff. Monica and Eduardo from the pool wait-staff, all of the concierges, up to and including Christian. They were all so helpful and patient.

We hope to return next year, we feel that we made so many new friends. They made us feel so special! God bless them!

Marcia H.

Room Tip: Any view of the ocean is beautiful...........we were very blessed to be so fortunate to get such a s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcia H

Dear Marcia H :

Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at The Grand Bliss. We are pleased to learn our staff’s service was efficient. They work tirelessly - day and night, to make our guests’ visits the most enjoyable experience ever. We are certain Christina, Karina, Edgar, Marco Polo, Monica, Eduardo and Christian will gladly receive your feedback.

Your comments are always welcomed. Our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation.

We truly appreciate your preference and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We just wanted to let everyone know how pleased we were to have had the opportunity to work with Melida Gomez as our member specialist. Out of 6 time shares we have owned, she was by far the most truthful, helpful, and patient marketing rep we have ever experienced! She fully explained what the previous salesman had failed to tell us about our ownership! She was a delight to work with! She also was very helpful in explaining how we can trade within the Vida system! I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a low key explanation about all the amazing benefits associated with a Vida membership!

Room Tip: Schedule ahead of time to get a beautiful view of the bay! The front side of the hotel has a pretty...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mary Jane Y :

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at The Grand Bliss. We really thank you for your kind comment about our staff, as we consider them one of our biggest assets. We are certain Melida Gómez will gladly receive your feedback, as all our staff is always looking to meet our guests’ expectations to the fullest.

We take great pride in creating incredible vacations and after receiving your remarks, it is great to confirm we have succeeded in doing so for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue making your stays memorable!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

FYI we did not do the timeshare tour which may have altered our perspective on this resort. We had that experience when we stayed at the Grand Mayan in Riviera Maya and did not wish to repeat it EVER! This resort met every expectation I had plus some! Lovely property with the nicest pools/lazy river/wave pools I have ever seen at a resort. This resort is HUGE, if you have any mobility issues it may not be for you. For us everything was within a 5-15 minute walk with gorgeous scenery so no complaints, they do also have shuttles that bring you wherever you wish to go if you don't mind waiting for them. Most of the time we made the trek o foot. The Grand Bliss was right in the middle of the property so it was centrally located. 5 min walk to the Grand Mayan pools, which do not disappoint! I love the lazy river!! A bit further to the Grand Bliss/Grand Luxx pools which are quieter and have better lounge chairs and hardly no children. Staying at the Grand Bliss we had free wifi and Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace guests had to pay. This was an RCI exchange for us and I struggled with choosing either the Grand Mayan or Grand Bliss but am 100% satisfied knowing given this option I made the right choice being it was only me and my husband traveling. I guess the beds are nicer at the Bliss and it has free wifi, was located closer in the middle and there aren't many children around. You have an option to go to any pool, the Grand Mayan guests are not allowed at the Grand Bliss pools, I did go to the Grand Luxx pools and nobody bothered me but I think if I had a Grad Mayan bracelet they would have. Did both of the "shows" for I think $50pp per show. One was a "beach party" that had live music, buffet, all u can drink. Other was a "Mexican Fiesta" which had some mayan entertainment, some dancers, mexican buffet, all u can drink. Food was better at "beach party". I would say it was a good value for dinner and a show and alcohol included. I think we got a better deal when we bought both tickets at the beginning of the week at the same time as opposed to buying them separately. We didn't eat much else at the resort besides a sandwich at the pool one day. We were going to go to the Custom Burger Bar at the Grand Luxx one day but had our swimwear on with a cover up and my husband shorts and a tshirt and apparently this hamburger restaurant requires long pants or more dressy attire so we left the resort and had lunch. Tacos Break is across the street but you can take tram #5 and they'll bring you to the front gate to walk over, also you can charge your bill to your room eating there. Excellent quesadillas and tacos! We ate here a few times. We had a car so we ventured out quite a bit! Eddies Place is good! Went looking for the Fajita Republic but never found it in Nuevo, ate at the one in Puerto Vallarta and it did not disappoint, so if you find it I would recommend eating there. Mr Cream Pancake is in Nuevo and Puerto Vallarta and are open from 8-2 and have really good breakfast! There really isn't much in Nuevo but a bunch of resorts and some restaurants. We stayed in Nuevo for a week and Puerto Vallarta for a week, I'd say if you are staying at the Mayan ad don't mind eating here every meal, wich will be very expensive, then you wouldn't need a car. Plenty to do on property, especially if you have kids. The kids club releases sea turtles at sunset, if you pay $3 by 5:30pm you can go out and release one into the ocean, it was a fun experience! The pools all have activities all day long, bingo, games, tournaments, ect and at night the club/bar (starts with an S) had good entertainment. We did several tours with Vallarta Adventures who has a office not far from Tacos Break who I would highly recommend! Zipliing tour, Quizimeto Beach tour, Marietas Island boat tour (fascinating sight) seen whales on both boat tours. Swam with dolphins and sea lions. Sea Lions are better! We did most tours the week we stayed in Puerto Vallarta because I just really wanted to enjoy the resort in Nuevo while we were there. We stayed at the Mayan Palace in Puerto Vallarta the second week ad the rooms/property did not even compare to this one but it was closer to a lot of things. Nuevo is a 20-40min drive from Puerto Vallarta which was fine for us but a lot of people aren't going to rent a car in Mexico and I personally wouldn't have made that trip more then once on a bus, could do a cab but I'm sure that'd add up quick if you did it more then once. The resort did charge $300 pesos for valet for a week and you do have to tip every time you get/drop off the car but it was worth it to go explore and save some money on expensive resort meals. There is a overpriced market on site but your much better off going to walmart or Mega to stock up on food and drinks. I would 100% recommend this property, I would stay at the Grand Mayan if I couldn't get into the Grand Bliss or Grand Luxx, I wouldn't stay at the Mayan Palace or Sea Garden being that you aren't allowed to use the best pools with the wristband you wear when you book there. You'll probably never get a ocean view room on a high floor but you can try, if they say you can do a timeshare tour to get one I wouldn't think that'd even be worth it! Most of those rooms were empty and they still won't let you have one. If you do the tour plan on 5-6 hours of your vacation time and it will alter your perspective of the time you had, guaranteed! Your wristband is also your room key, it is a cashless resort so everything is signed for besides some art work we bought by the waterslide, had to get cash for that. Huge property, lots of walking. They make it hard to get out of the resort, they don't want you to leave. Other then food or exploring I didn't! want to leave! I will go back! There is a rule that you can only stay once every 5 years if you don't own there timeshare so I guess I'll be going back in 2019! I do have a friend that owns at the Mayan and from her experiences I would not recommend buying into this property, but do stay here!

Room Tip: Ocean view if you can get it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank melissa m

Dear melissa m :

We really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your detailed impression about your stay at The Grand Bliss.

We are delighted to learn your trip was fun and you enjoyed our food options, our facilities, the accommodations, the pools, lazy river, some food options and our staff’s service. Everyone works tirelessly - day and night, to make our guests’ visits the most comfortable experience ever.

Our goal is to make each one of our guests’ vacations relaxing and we look to please them by making sure they receive all the benefits they are expecting to enjoy during their vacation. We are always happy to find out we have achieved this.

It will be our pleasure to have you as a guest again.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

If you're looking for a place surrounded by extraordinary landscapes, seemingly endless beaches, accommodating and friendly staff and architecture that is stunning (to say the least) then Grand Bliss is the place for you. We have also stayed at the Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace Hotels in the past, which are on the same property, and all the accommodations are comfortable and very pleasing. It is hard to imagine a better place to recharge our batteries and spend our vacation time.

Room Tip: The cooking/dining facilities in the suites make for good times when with family and friends.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce A

Dear Bruce A :

Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at The Grand Bliss. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and accommodations.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had 4 timeshares that were accruing many fees. I was able to consolidate them and buy the Grand Bliss and eliminating the fees. I am a widow and this was a huge load off of my shoulders. I had concerns about making the right decision and Enrique and Claudia were so helpful and friendly.
The grounds are immaculate and the service was excellent in all the lobby's and restaurants , you feel like you are in wonderland when you are here.
I can wait to bring my family.

Room Tip: If they can get the one bedroom is much better because they have kitchen and living room and extra r...
1  Thank Jane S

Dear Jane S :
Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at The Grand Bliss.

Your comments are always welcomed. We always like to hear about our guests’ experiences since it is the only way to truly know we are doing a great job to making your stay enjoyable. We are certain Enrique and Claudia will gladly receive your feedback, as all our staff is always looking to meet our guests’ expectations to the fullest.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future!