“Great Food, Authentic Mexican”
Review of Ernesto's Good Grub - CLOSED

Ernesto's Good Grub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Regina, Canada
“Great Food, Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were at Ernesto's last night and had a great time. We were with a large group and the place was packed.It was Saturday night- all you can eat ribs night. It was our first time there but friends that winter in Nuevo had told us that the tortilla soup and the ribs were the best in the city.They were right !!! Both my husband and I thought it was the best that we have had. The ribs were falling off the bone tender with a very flavorful BBQ sauce. The only critiscm I would have would be that the drink service could have been faster. That beings said with how busy they were and the staff that was on I think they did a great job.If you decide to go to this restaurant on a Saturday night I would suggest making reservations as people were waiting on the street to get a table. we would definetly go back.

Oyama, Canada
“Great casual dining - Best Tortilla Soup ever!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is the 4th time we have been to Ernesto's Good Grub and every time it has been good. We always have the tortilla soup and often have the ribs. The ribs are great and on Saturday's it is all you can eat ribs. The tortilla soup is really good a med bowl is a whole meal in itself. We tried fish tacos this time which we also enjoyed.

It is in the back patio of a Mexican home. Every year we see more improvements to their restaurant. Nice to be in a small town supporting the locals and enjoying the food. Take some bug repellant for your ankles.... A fun place to look forward to going to next time we are in the area.

• Visited December 2011
Vancouver
“nice ribs”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Simple place, service was friendly. Thursday night was "all you can eat ribs" - and they were good :). A ten minute walk from Sunset Plaza hotel if you tire of the included restaurants. It would not surprise me that most of the diners were living in PV rather than passing through - nice to be away from the tourist traps...

• Visited October 2011
Surrey, BC
“Great ribs”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We had heard about Ernesto's from friends. They said they are the best. We weren't disappointed. The ribs were delicious! The service was very friendly and very prompt.We plan on returning on our next visit. Two thumbs up!

• Visited March 2011
“Nice place, food didn't work for me but I would try again”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

This place is a little hidden "joint" off the beaten track in Nuevo. You kind of drive down this little street with not much on it and wonder if you are really where you are supposed to be going, but right the end, there it is! The owner was our server and he was a really cool friendly guy. It's one of those places with the plastic tables and chairs, not sure if a dirt floor or not, but not fancy schmansy at all. My finance and his daughter really liked their food (carne asada and bacon cheeseburger), but I didn't really enjoy my fajitas and our 8 year old wasn't hip to the cheese quesadilla. So 50/50. In any event, the menu is pretty varied for a small place like this. I would definitely try it again, just because it's the kind of place I like and the service was personal and attentive. The owner/our waiter let our kid feed his parrot an apple (I think he also lives there with his family) and we did enjoy the atmosphere and conversation. All in all, an above average experience.

• Visited January 2011