Me and 6 of my friends just got back from Villa Varadero from a weeklong trip. Not that it's a bad thing, but we were pretty much the only english speaking tourists at the resort, so it felt a little exclusive. Definitely have a lot of locals eating and staying at the hotel. We were pretty disappointed about how far away it is from downtown Puerta Vallarta where all the fun bars and shops/markets are. The website says it is just a 20 minute drive, but keep in mind that that's if you take a taxi (around $380 pesos each way). We took the city bus one day (around $16 pesos each way) and it took about an hour to get into town, so then we ended up spending a ton of money on taxis, since there aren't really any restuarants around the hotel. We had the all-inclusive deal which I would say is below-par for food quality. The breakfast was the best meal of the day, so eat up lol...
On the plus side - the hotel staff is excellent! They are all extremely helpful and willing to make your stay great. Me and my friends are drinkers and made good friends with JP at the pool bar, who makes the drinks strong and has good conversation.
If you are looking for a getaway from the busy city then I would recommend staying here. If you are wanting to party and be near what's happening in Puerta Vallarta, pay more and stay closer to the city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Varadero offers all-inclusive, family-friendly accommodations on one of the best beaches in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Ideal for romantic getaways and family vacations, our beachfront hotel offers a tranquil, quiet, and intimate alternative to the larger hotels and resorts on Riviera Nayarit. Step inside our contemporary lobby and find just the Mexico you came to enjoy. Beautiful sea views greet your arrival. Many rooms at the hotel offer beautiful ocean views of the gorgeous sunsets . At every moment of your stay, you will enjoy the attention of our friendly staff committed to providing you with a relaxing experience. Over the years we have grown and improved, focusing all our efforts on offering our customers the best of our attention while maintaining the best prices. Located right in front of the main hotel, we recently constructed our newest tower, giving the hotel four towers with four different categories of rooms and two categories of suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Varadero Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Varadero Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Villa Varadero Hotel And Suites
- Hotel Varadero