Arrived in late July for a week with spouse, 6 year old and 4 year old. The grounds are clean and the rooms spacious enough. We had one room with two double and never felt cramped. Every room has a small balcony, so while the kids decompress from a morning poolside the adults can find a shady, private spot to relax.
Plenty of pools to choose from: Kids pool with big, safe slides and fountains - crewmember always watching and whistling at any kids too big to be there or being too rowdy- , loud party pool with music and swim up bar, quiet pool with swim up bar and an adults only pool. The early morning reservation of shady chairs by hanging a towel is pretty tiresome, but as we had a ground level room it didn't bother us. If you are up on the third floor, however, get down early and save a spot.
The beach was quite nice, sandy, not rocky, and the surf not particularly overwhelming. Kids able to play in sand or jump in the water without fear. Boogie board and two-person stable kayak rentals for free.
Housekeeping works their tails off. Our room was cleaned on time and spotless every day. I cannot praise their hardwork enough.
Food is boring and bland, from the buffet to the "fine-dining". Amalfi (italian) was decent, but surprisingly Las Palomas(mexican) was just disappointingly bad. However, La Pergola(international) for lunch was the food highlight. Otherwise, nothing to get excited about.
Drinks were fine, Corona and Negra Modello for beer choices and a variety of weak liquors for use in mixed drinks. Kids enjoyed the non-alcoholic, frothy, frozen, multi-colored concoctions.
The staff from housekeeping to wait/bar staff to activity staff were uniformly pleasant and friendly. The place was quite crowded and the guests were easily 90% locals/mexican tourists. That said, I never once felt like others were receiving preferential treatment. Use your spanish, no matter how broken and minimal it may be. You are in Mexico, after all. That said, most employees speak excellent english if you get into a communication bind.
As to timeshare pressure, we got the pitch when we first checked in, politely declined - multiple times because they are salesmen after all - and were never bothered again the rest of our stay.
Being only a 15 minute drive from the airport is also a convenience.
Ultimately, this is not a luxury resort and it is not a romantic getaway. It is a completely serviceable, functional, friendly, safe, fun place for a family to escape and relax for a week. If you are a picky eater or demanding traveler then you'll have problems with this resort. However, if you can roll with the punches and not expect everything to be perfect every second and people treat you like royalty then this might be the place for you.
The kids had a great time and the adults recharged their batteries. Exactly what we were looking for when we booked the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites