My mom took me, my two 16 year old brothers and step dad to this resort in Nuevo Vallarta. We had an ocean-front suite. The room itself was very nice. It had a nice size living room, kitchen area, bathroom and balcony on the first level, as well as two very large rooms with king size beds and individual bathrooms. The second level had an additional bedroom with a king size bed, bathroom and balcony. Very spacious, clean and the AC worked well. Our room overlooked the ocean on one side and the pool on the other. The noise level was not bothersome. I was pretty impressed with our suite and would recommend this place to those traveling w a large family.
With that said, this is a family oriented resort. Kids are running around everywhere. The pool, the lobby, the restaurants, the beach. There really was only one place that didn't allow kids and that was the disco. And that was mildly pitiful. The first night we went, no one was there. The second night was much better and we had a fun time; however, they made us leave at 1:00am bc my two brothers were not 18 (since when in Mexico does age matter, esp if you're w your parents). The last night we tried to go and they were closed. Lame. For those "kids" that are bt the ages of 15 and 18, there really isn't much to do besides participant in the daily beach activities. The nightly entertainment is not very exciting. After the main show that the resort puts on from about 9-10, everything is pretty quite and still and not much going on. I would not recommend this resort if you are traveling w teenagers.
It was perfect for my mom and I because we like peace and quiet and to read. We don't need much to entertain us. But for the younger crowd, this is not the place.
From the airport, they charged a flat rate of $60 for the cab for 5 people. On the way back it was $30 or $40. Everyone was really friendly at the resort. They definitely try and get you to sit through their time share presentations. They call your room, they offer "prizes", they find you. Just stand your ground.
The food was your typical all-inclusive resort food. The best part was the pizza place. It stayed open late and was always busy. They served brick over pizza of all sorts. We hung out there alot. Last thing I'll say about the food, we never made it to the restaurants bc you had to have a reservation and they made it pretty much impossible during our stay to reserve a table. So we stuck to the buffet every day for lunch and dinner. They had different themes each night so it wasn't too terrible; however, I left there w the worst stomach. I'm pretty sure I caught a parasite from their food which had to be treated w antibiotics. Not a fun time.
Overall our stay was fun. The resort offered a ton of activities. We didn't get to enjoy too much bc the danger flag stayed up the entire trip, but that was out of anyone's control. I'd recommend this resort to families w young children only.
*I'll post pictures at a later time*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites