My husband and I stayed at the Grand & Club Marival (Club side) from January 31-Feb. 14, 2004. After reading a lot of reviews of this resort I was kind of nervous. I must say though that I don't rely fully on others reviews as I have learned from years of traveling that each person has their own idea of what's nice and what's not.My advise to all you out there that are considering or are booked to stay at this resort, decide before you go that you'll have a good time regardless and if things are too bad you can always check with your tour rep and see if you can have your room changed or go to a different resort listed in your brochure.(Air Transat or Signature)My husband & I were going to switch to an ocean view room, but saw that the only room they had available for an even exchange was a lot smaller and older looking, so we decided to stay where we were at. We had a room in building 10, room 110A and it was quiet, on the 3rd floor with a king bed that was harder than ours at home, but it was really comfortable for sleeping. Our room had a sofa and cabinets where at one time there must have been a fridge and cooktop. The room was always clean and the maids did an excellent job. (I left them something every day. I always bring along nail polishes, hand creams, perfume, clothes I no longer want,candles, face cleansers, etc..) You have to leave a note for the maid each day though or she can't leave the complex with the stuff you leave her. Our maid left us a note one day in Spanish in regards to this. I could figure it out more or less what she wanted. If you can't just go to the tour representatives and they will be happy in translating or explaining it to you.We found all the staff to be very friendly including the animacion staff. Some reviews I read before hand said their favorite restaurant was the buffet. Well all I can say is wait till you get to the resort and form your own opinions. We thought the buffet was our least favorite and all teh rest were much better, but don't base your decision on mine please. My husband & I go to Mexico for the Mexican food and the buffet didn't have this kind of food. We frequented the snack bars for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We made reservations at the Mexican, Steakhouse and Mediterranean. Our favorite of thee was the Mediterranean. I had the Baked Alaskan and it was simply divine!!!! We also ate at "La Pergola" also an a la carte for dinner as well as open for breakfast and lunch with no reservations. They also had excellent food!!There were always a lot of activites going on, but since my husband prefers to lie on the beach where it's quieter we spent most of our time there. On the beach you have guys walking trying to get you to come to a certain 5* resort to listen to a 90 minute time share schpeal, to which you can say yes or no. Even the beach vendors I didn't find very aggressive compared to when we have stayed at the main hotel strip.Mu husband & I made friends with two of the guys who came by for the time shares. We took them up on 3 different resorts since we were there for two weeks. Someone said the sales people at the timeshare resorts were high pressure. Yes of course they are. We were told it costs the resort $500 to bring in a couple.($25 goes to the guy on the beach, free tours; ours came to about $150-160 US for two people, they serve you a free breakfast or lunch as well, the taxi rides there and back, and some commission to management or whoever is involved in trying to get you to buy timeshare) If you make up your mind you're not going to buy timeshare before you go there you can just stick to it all the way through. BAsically don't really listen to what they have to say and you'll be fine, like we were. We'd do this again no problem!!We never had a problem with anything getting stolen in our room, even though we didn't pay for the lock for the safe. We just kept our suitcases locked when we weren't in the room. If a person trusts the local people there you'll have a better time as well."Vallarta Adventures" comes Highly recommended!! We took the "Canopy Tour" and the "Sierra Madre Expedition tours and we thought WOW!! All the guides for the canopy tour were great and friendly and very encouraging. Highly recommend this tour!! The other tour also comes highly recommended if you have "Martin". He had so-oo very much information, I was sorry I hadn't had a small tape recorder to tape all his info. Amazing tour guide!!We found the bus rides into downtown Puerto Vallarta VERY enjoyable!! First you take a luxury bus to Walmart, get off this bus and look for a white and blue bus that says El Centro. The ride if longer is always filled with interesting sites outside and people on the bus with you. It's a GREAT cultural experience!! The cost wasn't that high to go downtown. We went there around 3-4 times. Being on a resort the whole vacation is not our idea of fun. It may be for some of you I don't know.The beach was simply awesome!! You could walk for litterally miles. One day we walked about 10 miles and it was great!! The beaches are also very wide. From what we saw for beaches at the Marina and heard what they were like on the main hotel strip our beach was far superior! The sand was really easy to walk on barefoot.Don't go on this vacation all uptight. Just go with the flow once you get to your resort and relax and life will be so much more enjoyable!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites