Lovely resort and well-taken care of. Our first time here, so we do not really know if quality has gone down. We always find staff and service anywhere top notch if they are treated with respect and appreciation and this was no exception. We did not travel with small children but could see this was an excellent place to bring them for all the daily activities that were available. We found the adult-only pool area, which saved us from the busyness of the family areas. When a family pretended they couldn't read the adult-only sign, they were asked to move to the other areas.
Our standard room was clean and comfortable, staying in the hotel-style block. The drawback to staying in these buildings is the open floor concept because when families allow their children to run, play and yell in the halls late at night (up to midnight!), sleep quality is very poor as the sound is horribly amplified and carries up through all floors.
We thought the food quality was more than adequate. We concur that the dessert selection in the Casa Bella buffet restaurant was very poor. This was surprising as you can see that they take quite a bit of care (as much as you can for buffet) in offering fresh and tasty selections in the other areas. Desserts were very fine in the a la carte restaurants! Carrying food away from the outdoor eating areas is not permitted by regulation with signs posted, but guests also pretended to not be able to read these and took food to eat outside the areas. Waiters are more or less vigilant in stopping this depending on the area. It was actually nice to be around the pools and beach area and not having to look at dirty plates and spilled food lying around.
We avoid time share presentations everywhere we go and this was no exception. Unfortunately they use these people to assist with check-in, so they are the ones putting on the arm bands and giving you room keys. They tended to continue trying to approach one the entire time you are there, but we just usually smiled and said no thanks, and they cheerfully desist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites