“Wedding Magic!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Wedding Magic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were at The Marival Resort along with 36 of our dearest friends for our wedding last month. I can't say enough about the service, food the property and of course our beautiful wedding. The wedding planner Janira Monroy went above and beyond my vision with just a few sent pictures and created our magical wedding. The staff throughout our stay were incredible, the food at the buffet and a la cartes is the best I've had at an all inclusive resort. This was our second stay and I know it won't be our last.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tina T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
Oswego, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went there in Feb of 2013 and the place was great. kids love it and so did we. I was very happy with all the poeple who work there very nice. You can eat late at night until 2am sweet!!
Pool areas were great and th kid section very nice. food was good, not awsome but very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eri G
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The resort grounds were more than satisfactory, quite nice! If you are looking for a good time I would more than recommend Marival. For example, the booze is endless, especially if you become friends with the day/ night staff. Please pardon my language but David the "entertainer" is a true Latin lover and can take you downtown in more than one way. Let me tell you about randy pandy, the man is hot to trot! Aldo is the best manager a hotel could ask for. The grounds have great pools with two swim up bars for your convenience and a great beach. It was more than I ever could have expected especially considering there were two of the coolest human beings who I have ever met in my existence, not to mention extremely good looking. They were two blonde Canadians ;)

Room Tip: Room 1531 is great location
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank L O
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just returned from my 6th trip to Marival and as good as ever. Just tell them you are not interested in the time share thing and move on. The one thing I really like about Marival is you can ALWAYS get food between 7 am and 2 am

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WinnipegFB
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts throughout Mexico and the Carribean and don't really have any negative or positive things to say about the Marival. It was an average resort....a solid 3 to 3.5 Resort. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was good but not exceptional. The amenities, pools, childrens pools etc. were good but the kids camp was boring and opened limited hours compared to other kids camps that our son has been to. The nightly entertainment was definitely amateur....comparable to slightly better than a high school performance. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We spent a week at the Grand Pallidium prior to coming to the Marival and found that the clientel was more sophisticated at the Pallidium. Marival tends to attract more middle-aged "party" people than the Pallidium. We have a young child and asked to be moved to a quieter part of the hotel. It didn't matter which room they put us in we were kept up into early hours of the morning by partying neighbours. Disappointed that we were told that quiet time was after 11:30, yet the noise went on to well passed 2:30am. All in all, it was good but definitely a 3 to 3.5 Star Resort and no higher.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank glocar
maple ridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our first time to the Marival but we have been to other resorts in the area.We arrived on the 26 of Jan and left on the 9th of Feb. The resort is nice enough as far as accommodations go it is not to small or large. When we checked in we were given our room info but in order to get your wrist band you had to go and listen to a time share spiel. When we said NO they were not too happy. So be aware of that. We were given a very noisy room and finally had to request a move which we got two days later. The rooms are quite nice and room service was done usually by noon each day. Have to ask for pop in the fridge which they filled once. They brought water bottles every day. The buffet was very adequate plus the snack bars etc. Entertainment had a lot to be desired. Not much to do there in the evening . Our biggest complaint was the beach chair fiasco. It is sort of a dog with a bone theory. In order to get a beach chair you have to get up at 5 in the AM and put your beach towels out on your selected chairs .So a lot of chairs had no one on them a good portion of the time . They were saved I guess just in case someone wanted to use them for part of the day. For that very reason we will not be going back there as who wants to be fighting over chairs and there were a few fights over them. Management should do something about that. They have a church service every Sunday which we appreciated. Staff were very friendly but we always tip so that may have helped.

Room Tip: we had a room on the south east corner above the buffet area. It was over looking a green area so we...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gerttie2
British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

At check in we asked for a safe key, she said she couldn't do that and pointed to another line. She had our bracelets in hand and I thought we had avoided their timeshare spiel, but she rang a bell and stuffed our bracelets into the key envelope..we told her we did not want to talk to a timeshare person, she apologized but handed the envelope to the rep anyway. We told this person we would never ever buy a timeshare and finally, after a bit of a stand off, she put our bracelets on us. We were lucky as we were first in line, there was not yet a line for the safe keys. I wonder how many people give in and agree to go to a presentation just so they can get their tired family out of there. Not once did I think this ridiculous process was the fault of the front desk staff, they are doing what the owners want.

The room was fine, we knew it was going to be older, but it was clean and had a lot of storage. We were beside the activity pool which of course is noisy during the day, but the nights were very quiet and we had a nice partial ocean view. Housekeeping staff was excellent. The room fridges are not stocked like most AI's, strange but not a deal breaker. The resort is much smaller than what we are used to, so getting our own drinks gave us something to do. They provide plenty of bottled water daily.

The buffet had the ambience of a school cafeteria, however, all the staff were great. The food was about what you would expect for the price point, you will always find something you like. I read many reviews about how great the steaks were in the restaurants, but I found them to be the same poor cuts of meat that you find in many all inclusives. They were cooked and seasoned well, just poor quality. We enjoyed our lunches at the outdoor restaurant by the beach, the meat cooked on their grill was fantastic. My husband said the service in the piano bar was by far the best in the place.

Beautiful west coast beach, lots of space lots of waves. Sadly the beach is a sea of hideous orange towels saving empty chairs for people who never seem to come. If these chair hogs weren't so selfish/stupid there would be enough chairs for everyone, as people come and go throughout the day. Someone even had the nerve to stack six chairs and throw their towel on top, I'm surprised they don't hide the loungers in their rooms at night. Never have I seen the towel game played so aggressively then at the Marival, only twice were we able to share a single lounger at the beach. I don't think much could be done by the staff to stop this as you are charged for lost towels, so taking the towels away would result in some irate drunken guests.

Thankfully this did not happen at the adult pool. Speaking of pools, I only used the adult one but it was heated with jets lining one whole wall, it was fantastic! If the closest bar wasn't too busy they would come around and take drink orders. I stuck my foot into the hot tub and it was nice and hot, but we never used it.

All in all this is a middle of the road average priced resort. The staff, location and adult pool were what made it better than just meh for me. If you are used to higher end resorts, this may not be for you. You don't realize how much you like the little touches of a higher price point property until you don't have them, like if I wanted tea during the day I had to pull a staff member away from what they were doing to get me hot water as there were no hot water carafes anywhere. The last resort I stayed at had a tea station with different teas, real cups, to go cups etc.. Not a big expense for the resort..but a big difference to the guests. Anyway, we won't be back as we prefer at different standard at a resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,412 reviews

Been to Marival Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!