My teenage daughter and i have been 3 times already and are most certainly going back next year. I am a well seasoned traveller and have stayed at very luxurious resorts and small bed and breakfasts all over the world.
After reading some of the complaints and negative reviews prior to writing my review, it's very clear that it is hard to please EVERYONE. Some people are just complainers and will never change so i hope this review paints a more realistic picture of what one has to look forward to when spending time at the Marival Resort, in my world, the margarita is always half full, especially at an all-inclusive
Please keep in mind that if you are interested in buying a timeshare, this is the place to do so, also remember that it is their jobs to sell timeshares and they work hard for their commissions so unless you are interested, simply apply the same 3 rules as Cesar Millan from The Dog Whisperer does:
• No touch, No talk, No eye contact and you'll be fine, no means no in spanish as well
Very polite and professional at all times, Aldo (panda) does a fantastic job catering to every guest, a fun time is always had while in Aldo's company
the kids always have lots of activities and surprises, i enjoy watching them come around the pool dressed in their pirate outfits or other costumes, reminds me of my daughter was that age
Lead by Maria, the animation team are spectacular, keeping you entertained from 10:00am till 2:00am, these folks are proof that if you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life, i hope you enjoy them as much as my daughter and i do, they are a big part of the reason why we return year after year
If you are not eating at the a la carte restaurants (which are very good), then you will find a variety of tasty food at the main buffet (casa bella) which changes themes every night, the staff there do a great job at keeping the supply topped up till closing time, then if you get hungry after dancing at the disco till 2:00am, join in on the serengeti migration to the (open late) Piazzetta dei Forni where chefs make delicious oven baked pizzas along with a variety of good food, sure beats the microwaved hamburgers from the Riu
I have never felt safer at a resort than at The Marival, there are lots of security during the day & night that patrol the grounds making sure everyone has a bracelet (registered guest) and even helping the odd lost toddler rejoin their parents.
Every time i've stayed i had a great room, if you don't like the room that has been previously assigned, simply talk to the front desk and they will most likely accommodate your request.
Here is how the day normally goes:
• 10:00am to 5:00pm (daily activities at the beach and in the pool)
• 8:30pm to 9:00pm - Kid show in the theatre
• 9:00pm to 10:20pm - nightly show in the theatre, changing the theme every night)
• 10:30pm to 11:00pm - migration to the lobby for karaoke, casino night, fun dancing games etc.
• 11:00pm till 2:00am - get your dancing shoes on and head to the disco
• 2:00am till ?? - end you night having some yummy pizza and a night cap
I highly recommend taking your next holiday to The Marival, of course you will have to get up early to get a beach or poolside chair as a previous guest complained about, but the same rule applies even at home, if you want good seats, get there early !! i'm sure you will have an unforgettable time thanks to Aldo, Maria, Noe, Fernando, Buru, Kyla, Robbie, David, Nacho, Marco, Carlos, Francesco, Zoe ( i can't name them all sorry) and hopefully you will become a repeated guest like my daughter and i have become, it's our home away from home, we love the Marival Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites