Stayed here with extended family ( 15 ) from December 26 to January 2. As this was our 3rd visit, we were very aware of the time share people and asked at check-in to receive our bracelets at the front desk and not from the time share people as is the usual way. Having experienced the time share pitch at Marival I would highly recommend avoiding it at all costs. It is extremely high pressure and uncomfortable.The front desk people were happy to oblige us and we had a quick and painless check in.
We have stayed in suites on all our visits and find them spacious and well appointed. They are on the quiet side of the resort close to the adult pool, and just a short walk to the beach. Some of our party have stayed in the regular rooms on previous visits and had mentioned that they can be quite noisy. Our rooms were cleaned and freshened everyday and water was also delivered to the room daily. On our last night one of our party wasn't feeling well and we had to have maid service come up to the room at midnight to change some bedding. This was done very efficiently and quickly and was a reminder of the quick and efficient service of the room cleaning staff.
Overall the resort is well laid out with many options for relaxing, playing and eating. Unlike most resorts in Nuevo there are defined and separate kids, activity and adult pool areas.There are lots of pool chairs and although many people get up early to reserve chairs, we were able to find chairs either on the beach or by the pools. The resort is very clean with the staff doing maintenance all the time to keep things looking in top shape. The activity pool has something going on from the late morning to the late afternoon, plus there is a water park, kids club and a teens club as well. The beach hut has boogie boards and kayaks for use at no charge, and there is a sailing boat available to rent. The adult pool is very quiet and close to the snack bar and the staff do their best to keep the kids away.
There are lots of options for food. In the morning the main buffet is open from 7 to 11 am, and the Mediterranean restaurant is open till noon. The buffet has a great selection as well as a made to order omelet bar. It is quite noisy so we preferred the Mediterranean restaurant for breakfast. Here you have a buffet of continental type breakfast selections, plus you can order off the menu as well. We did find service slow here most mornings though, so if you are in a hurry, best to go to the main buffet.
Lunch is served in the same 2 places, the main buffet and the Mediterranean restaurant, plus it is also available in the 2 snack bars. The snack bar by the adult pool has wood fired pizza ovens and is open from noon till 1 or 2 am each day. There is also a small buffet selection and burgers and hot dogs available here. The other snack bar is located by the kids water park and offers the same selections, but no wood burning pizza ovens. Dinner is either the buffet, or one of 3 Ala-cart restaurants. The ala-carte options are Italian, Mediterranean or Mexican. This trip were ate at the Italian and Mexican and enjoyed them both. You need reservations for the ala-carte's and those are done in the main lobby every morning. You can resterve up to one week in advance.
We traveled with Nollitours and learned while there that because of that we had extra privileges. With Nollitours we were able to receive unlimited ala-carte reservations, plus free WiFi in the lobby.
Over all the trip was enjoyable and without incident. Marival offers great value in all categories from food, drink, accommodations ad entertainment. I would recommend this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our passion to serve you better makes us to continue evolving... Feel the new sensation. Introducing Marival Resort & Suites totally re-styled rooms! Book Something Different and enjoy Something Better! Enjoy our beachfront Sun 'n Fun Resort with nonstop activities and a wide range of dining choices- 6 restaurants, 4 specialty, 7 bars including 2 swim-ups & Martini bar. Book a Resort room, or even one to three bedroom Suites featuring living rooms and independent dining areas, balconies, terraces and oceanfront locations to spread out and enjoy a villa style vacation. Something for every taste, every age!Special Room Sizes and Locations Provide a Variety of AccommodationsDeluxe Resort Rooms. One Bedroom Suites, including Oceanfront up to 760 sq ft. Two and Three Bedroom Villa Suites, Oceanfront up to 1260 sq ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Resort And Suites
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta