“Las Marietas Scuba Diving”

Scuba Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: The warm, crystal-clear waters of Banderas Bay and the Mexican Pacific are home to a vast array of sea life making Puerto Vallarta one of Mexico's top diving destinations. Vallarta Adventures is the only PADI Gold Palm/ 5 Star Dive Center in Puerto Vallarta. From conducting PADI certification classes and teaching open water courses to running a dive operation or guiding dive trips around the Pacific, Vallarta Adventures' PADI Professional certification programs will open the door to a whole new world to explore.Vallarta Adventures professional diving instructors combine their expertise with the utmost personal attention in scuba lessons for every level of PADI Certification, for anyone ages 10 years old and older. Whether you are a beginner or a certified diver, Vallarta Adventures offers you the best boats, the best equipment, the best dive sites and qualified and exceptional staff to guide you every step of the way.
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Las Marietas Scuba Diving”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was my first dive ever and it was better than I expected. My guide Rodger inspired lots of trust and support throughout the experience. I would HIGHLY recommend it. It was a once in a lifetime experience & I sincerely couldn't have asked for a better group!

Visited July 2013

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Las Caletas - perfect for scuba diving”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was my 3rd dive and my partners 1st. Since I am not certified and it was his first dive we did not go very deep but it was well worth the trip. They gave us a good lesson in a swimming pool the day before we went on the dive. Las Caletas is nice because we entered the water from a pier with steps down into the water. Much better than having to get in and out of a boat when it is your first time. The staff of Vallarta Adventure is excellent!!! It is also nice that once you are done with the dive you can relax on the beautiful beach and enjoy an excellent lunch included in the tour. They have a photographer who takes pics and video of your dive and they charge a reasonable 35 dollars for the CD, which makes you wonder why they charge a beyond ridiculous price for pic on their swim with the dolphin tour. I hope to go back on another dive with Vallarta Adventure soon or maybe will even get certified with their help.

Visited June 2013
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Las Caletas for Scuba Diver certification”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I did my first two open water dives with Vallarta Adventures and wish I had had time to do my other two. The boat ride out to Las Caletas was scenic and the staff were very entertaining.

My instructor Yahi was absolutely fantastic and patient with me as I recalled all my pool skills. He was great at providing tips and pointing out various sea creatures I otherwise wouldn't have noticed. Next time I'm in the area I will definitely request him again, or at the very least, the company.

In terms of the dives themselves, the visibility wasn't as great as I expected but I still saw several sting rays, eels, puffer fish, and even a sea turtle!

Las Caletas island was very pretty and it was nice that lunch and beverages were included in the trip's price. When I'm a fully certified open water diver I'd love to do the Sea Lion dive they offer.

2 Thank meghankmc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Patient Guide & Amazing Sea Life!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have difficulty with my ears when scuba diving and was nervous to try again. Our guide, Fernando Cruz, took my sister (who is certified) and myself (I've been scuba diving once before & had a hard time equalizing the pressure in my ears) out for what ended up being the dive of a lifetime. I had pain in my ears again when decending and was about to give up and just assume scuba diving is not for me, when Fernando took me back up to the surface and then we decended again, very slowly, until finally I was comfortable and we could start swimming around. We saw TWO hawksbill sea turtles at our dive spot at Las Caletas and the water was clear, warm, and teaming with life. Our guide literally held my hand to make sure I was okay the entire time and now I know I will be okay on my own if I decide I want to get certified. Vallerta Adventures is a great company and Fernando was an excellent guide. Very afforable too (only $50 per person)!

1 Thank mvanzerr
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome first time scuba adventure”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

-lesson was fast and in depth
- in the water in no time, enjoyed a long diving session
- travel to and from was fun in it's own right, meals were great, and the staff super attentive.
- diver instructor was friendly, helpful, and kept a close eye on us noobs
- great clear water. tonnes of different life, eels, morays, skeets and rays, puffer fish, schools of big eyed jacks, angel fish, and so much more. up close in an amazng way.

1 Thank erischilde