“The best vacation experience of my life!”

Marival Residences Luxury Resort
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Milton, Florida
“The best vacation experience of my life!”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We were greeted at the airport and taken to our luxurious resort near the beach. The resort staff greeted us with refreshments and performed our check-in process while we reclined in the air conditioned Wine Bar. Our bags were taken to our 2 bedroom Penthouse by the bell hop. When we arrived to the room, there was a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, and fully stocked refrigerator with water, soft drinks, and beer. On the second story of our apartment, was our private swimming pool. The staff at this resort made each of us feel special and their genuine attitude made our whole family feel as though we were not only their guests, but their very special guests. Carlos, the chief Concierge, ensured our vacation time was well spent with all of our excursions and the VIP treatment from the resort staff, we had the best vacation of our life (and we vacation at least two times a year). Spectacular! You should consider Marival Residence & World Spa for your next vacation. You will create the best memories for your family.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WilderTravel2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
LaSalle, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a fabulous property. The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely spacious. The lounge chairs at the pool are premium quality and the property even has a beautiful outdoor fire pit that you can relax around in the evening (again, very comfy couches surrounding the fire feature). We had a penthouse room which had a rooftop infinity pool. I would strongly recommend splurging for this..... it was great at the end of the day to relax up there with a couple of drinks- what a beautiful view at sunset. We really enjoyed the rooftop restaurant and ate many times up there for dinner and breakfast. This restaurant also has a rooftop pool and you can have drink while dipping in the pool to cool off or have drinks and let the kids splash around........ Also, the website had indicated that included in the price were some free excursions. This is true, we took advantage of the dolphin and sea lion adventure.... lots of fun! We had a fabulous time, too many wonderful things to say. However, don't get this property confused with the Marival Resort, although they are owned by the same company and you have access to the other property, it is not nearly of the same quality. Be sure to stay at the Residences and World Spa.... you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cnap
Boone, Iowa
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We were upgraded to the Marival Residence. What a pleasant experience. Sept. is definitely a slow season - workers outnumbered tourists for sure. If you want company, not the month to travel there. But because of this, the service was outstanding - everyone wanted to know what we needed constantly. And the food was awesome! We will plan a trip back to this resort soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2010

5 Star. Restaurants are really gourmet. Food was wonderful. No buffets! A wonderful stay. I could think up a few nits to complain about, but they did not distract from the quality and value offered by this resort. Worth every penny!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Where to even begin? This trip was truly splendid-- the hotel is paradise.

Built only 8 months ago, the hotel is pretty much brand new. They did not skimp on any of the details. The silverware is Mikasa, the sinks are Kohler, the hotel provided products are Molton Brown (!!!)... I can go on, but you get the gist... if you like nice things, this hotel is for you. Below is a breakdown of my review:

The staff: Amazing. I came during off season, so I'm not sure if this stands for year round, but the staff was beyond attentive. I never had to wait for anything! There were always at least 3 staff members willing to help with anything. Most of the staff speaks some English, as well. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that my family had a great trip.

The hotel rooms: Again, WOW. The design is sleek and modern. Great living room-- ours opened up to an infinity pool (amazing), really nice kitchen (we did all inclusive, so never cooked during our stay), 2 bathrooms!, washer and dryer, really comfortabl bed! And, my fave part was that they supplied Molton Brown... seriously some of the best products!

The hotel grounds: Pool is LOVELY... beautiful to look at and large. Lots of lounge chairs and areas to lounge/play cards. The jacuzzi area is very 'zen'- it has 4 daybed/cabana type things and the music at the jacuzzi is the definition of relaxing. The hotel does an amazing job of keeping the hotel looking great.

Food/restaurants: We enjoyed many lovely meals at Omaggio. They rotate the dinner menus to keep it fresh/new... the Italian night was one of the best meals we had there. Yum. We ate all breakfasts at Omaggio- wonderful as well. We never ate at Tender Greens (by the pool), so not sure how the food was there. And, I loved the sky bar menu- tapas! The only thing that this hotel does not have is a buffet, which I know some people like (like my father). We usually ate our lunches at the buffet at the Marival Resort which was OK. And, the only other thing that was a bummer was that the cuisine is very international with zero focus on the host country- I wanted to have tacos and whatnot, but the hotel did not have Mexican food! All in all, especially for an all inclusive hotel, the food was stellar- great quality, organic and creative menus.

Nightlife: The sky bar (I think it's called Insu) is where there is music and dancing. It was fun and I'm sure during the busy season, it gets crowded. The views are stunning from the sky bar- try and see a sunset from there!

The beach: The beach was interesting... You can't walk to the beach in 2 minutes from your hotel room. You either have an 8 min walk along the beach to get to the sister hotel-Marival Resort- or you can have the bell hop drive you there.... and then you get taken to a special area w/ the nicer lounge chairs and waiter. The location of the beach was not ideal (i favor the beach over the pool), but totally worth it to stay at the nicer resort.

All in all, it was a great stay. I prefer the Caribbean side of Mexico (nicer beaches, more activities, etc), but the Marival made staying in Puerto Vallarta a great vacation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Trevose, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2010

My husband and I travel often with and without our 3 teenagers. We used to go through various travel agencies and eventually started booking trips on our own until a friend recomended tripguy.com. When I contacted them I explained exactly what I wanted, an all inclusive resort with activities for the kids and round trip airfair and I gave them my budget. Not only did they help me stay within my budget they found a resort that had everything a teenager and adult could want in a resort! The Marival Resort was beautiful, comfortable and had wonderful activites for the whole family with a spectacular staff! They had dance, spanish, cooking, archery, kayak lessons just to name a few things and they were all included with the resort. They had other activites available for a fee such as jet sking. There was a "tour center" on site to help with any extra activites you may want to do off site such as fishing and atv tours (thats what we did). My trip guy made sure transfers from and to the airport were included and left several messages for us with the concierge to contact him if we had any problems at all. There were four resturants, two snack stands, two pool bars, a margarita and martini bar (my personal favorite) and the best yet was the serenity pool for adults only where the staff would wait on you hand and foot! The perfect way to escape from the kids! The bell boy helped get us a taxi several times to go into town for shopping and nightlife. My next vacation will be without the children and I am going to let "my" tripguy make all of the arrangements for me!

Nicole Waltman
Trevose, PA

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Evergreen Park, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I just read the worst review ever about this incredible place and cant believe we stayed in the same resort. We traveled with 3 teenagers and had an incredible time! All 3 kids said it was the best vacation of their lives and we loved everything!! The staff could not have been more accommodating, the food was incrdible and we met so many nice people there!! Our room was gorgeous and we took advantage of 3 of the excursions with the sea lions being all our favorite!!! thank you for an incrdible experience--we had a fabulous time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family