This resort was amazing! I second all of the other positive reviews! I could go on and on about how great our stay was, but I'm going to keep it in a nutshell. We had a 3 bedroom on the end so our view was incredible. The room was beyond words, so clean and beautiful. The housekeeping was almost too much (I will admit that they were a bit random as to when they might show up, but they were always so friendly and helpful) The grounds were immaculate. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. The concierge staff was great. The "shuttle" back and forth from the other resort was incredibly convenient. Etc, etc, etc... It was great!
Now, I think you all get how wonderful the resort is, which it is! But while I was doing my research about it I didn't find much other than forums about how awesome it is and very few pics. So, that being said, let me give you a "day at the Marival World Spa"... as well as pictures to help you get a good idea of what to expect.
When you arrive, expect to wonder how the heck they know where to take your bags and how they know so much about you when you have just gotten there. Trust me, they know their stuff. You'll abandon your bags with the staff while they check you in, get you a beverage and give you your oh so cool wrist band. I was whiscked to lunch with my friends while they got us settled. When we got to our room, our bags were there along with a bottle of wine!
The beds are hard, ask for a pillow top matress cover.
Breakfast is served either on your room or at the main restaraunt with lots of choices.
Lunch is also served at the main restaurant or the pool eatery. Great variety.
The portions are very small, which in my opinion is good because you can order pretty much a bit of everything and not stuff yourself. If you find something that you really like, just ask for more!
Dinner is served in the main restaurant, the roof top bar or the pool eatery. We went in the off season, so they jumped back and forth from what resaraunt was open for dinner. If they are serving only in the upper bar, plan for the infinity pool up there to be closed to swimmers so the eaters can dine in peace.
This is not a party place, it's perfect for the people who want to relax and enjoy. If you want to party, just head over to the sister resort and have a great time.
To get to the beach or siste resort, either take the golf cart (big with 3 rows of seats to accomodate anyone looking to shuttle to and fro) or take a simple walk down the street. I went to the beach for a run or walk every morning and walked there every time. Just go to the concierge, tell them that you want to go out the back gate, head to the back of the property past the tennis court and there will be a staff member there waiting to open the gate for you. Head left down the qaint little street past the residential vacation homes (they are the only thing between you and the beach) about a 100 yards to a bar called "etc" where there is public beach access, and you're there! The sister property is about 400 yards to your left! Not far at all.
We spent every day at the beach, where you'll have your own private VIP area that you get served your drinks and really any food that you ask for. The Pizza at the open buffet is great, and I would just ask for a couple of slices, which would be brought to my lounge chair! Or you can just head up to the buffet and enjoy a wide variety of food.
As for the lounge chairs. The beach slants, and so do the chairs. But there is a way to fix that, you just have to be inventive. Dig the upper feet of the chair into the sand (we would lift the lower part of the chair off the ground and shove the upper legs into the sand), pile to sand under the lower legs and put your flip flops as a base between the legs of the chair and the sand. That'll keep the legs from sinking into the sand. Trust me, it works and it makes for a much more comfortable sit.
You will be approached by locals wanting to sell you stuff. Support them, we are their livelyhood. They were never pushy! But if you say that you'll "get something tomorrow", they'll be back tomorrow, they don't forget, and I applaude them for that. If you don't want to buy, just tell them so.
The beach is so clean. They were literally combing the beach every morning with rakes and their own hands and feet to make sure the beach was clean, safe and free of trash.
The adult drinks are pretty weak, but if you ask for a double, you'll get it.
There is WiFi available if you need it, for a cost.
I didn't go to the spa, but my friends did and said it was wonderful!
You'll be treated so wonderfully and you will really enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico