2,854 results
All reviews sister resort beach club world spa lemmon grass demi pool omaggio restaurant insu sky lounge beach concierge bedroom penthouse sea lions private pool rooftop bar beach access vip section full kitchen washer and dryer chief concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

A little too big for my liking but very nice.Beware of timeshare trap.They will try to get you to do the 90 minute timeshare tour. Food is just so so.Grounds are gorgeous.Drinks are weak.The beach is very nice,people could not have been nicer!

Room tip: We had a 3 bedroom on second floor.Very spacious apartment! Large patio was great.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Daphne_ffernandez5, General Manager at Marival Distinct Luxury Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear Susan,

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay and our service. We would have loved to know all of your comments regarding our food and drinks when you were here to offer you ones that met your standards. In regards to your comment, our Vacation Club is indeed part of the welcome process. Our team introduces you to the tours and activities that we can arrange for you while you're here. This in order to allow you to experience the most in our resort.
We truly hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

This was my first time staying here and I must say it was amazing. I was very happy with my room, customer service and the food was delicious. I loved the pool and our poolside servers Juan Carlos and Frankie were the best!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Daphne_ffernandez5, General Manager at Marival Distinct Luxury Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear guest,

It is such an honor to read we met and exceeded all of your expectations, thanks for choosing us. We'll forward all of your kind comments to our team, they'll be thrilled to be recognized. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2019

We booked this all-inclusive resort through SWA Vacations based on traveler reviews, price and timing. We arrived on Tuesday, May 7th and stayed in a one-bedroom penthouse residence with a private roof-top terrace and plunge pool for our Honeymoon. Here are the pro's and con's:
Pro's:
1. Some great staff members who seem genuinely concerned that our stay be great. Geraldo (bell/shuttle services), Fernando, Bennacio, Alfredo, and Himer (servers at Omaggio's), Paco/Oscar (beach services)
2. Location is great (close to town but secluded enough for respite)
3. Residences were VERY spacious and cool with just room AC units
4. Food quality for the most part was very good
5. Adult beverages were good and served quickly
6. Room service was fast, efficient and the food quality was really good.
7. Mozza Mare Beach Club is a great place to enjoy the beach (views and service)

If the list stopped there the trip would have been a solid 5 rating. That being said, the con's to our trip really put a sour taste in our mouths. The real problem at Marival to us was the INCONSISTENT service we received from the following:

Con's
1. Multiple restaurants were closed on the property at various times. To the point where it put pressure on the open dining venues to accommodate reservations. At check in we were given a verbal tour of all the dining venues and strong encouraged to make reservations for dinner at most of them. Surely the staff knew these restaurants were closed at that time, we don't understand why we weren't told this.

2. Housekeeping left only two bath towels each day. Keep in mind we had our own private plunge pool. Daily we had to call the front desk and request hand towels, bath towels, floor mats, and wash clothes. This was corrected on the last night of our stay.

3. Was offered a daily newspaper delivered to our door at check in. Recieved a total of ZERO newspapers.

4. Plunge pool on rooftop was too hot to swim. We called on the 3rd day to see if temp could be regulated and was told yes. We were told that when a residence is unoccupied for a long period of time the water temp in the pool rises because of it being a rooftop pool and is 100% exposed to the sun. The solution was to drain the pool and fill with water again. The solution worked and the pool was great for the last two days of our stay. That being said, if you know that's a problem why not solve it before your guests arrive? I'm pretty the pool is a big reason people pay the higher price for a penthouse residence.

5. Turn down service/pillow sweets are advertised as a daily service. We didn't get turn down service and candies on the pillows until the 4th day of our stay. And it was only on the 4th day that we received this service. The fifth night, the door bell rand, I opened it and was asked if "would you like turn down service?". I said "yes please" and was handed two candies in the doorway. The housekeeper then moved on to the next room. I was in shock LOL

6. The final straw....We finally were able to get reservations at Amalfi Cocina Italiana for Italian food on the 4th night of our stay. We arrived at the reservation time to be told that flip-flops weren't allowed. My wife told the manager that we didn't know that and the concierge didn't mention it when we made the reservations. He made a reference to the concierge was causing problems by not telling guests about this requirement. From what I could see women could wear open toe shoes with no heel and men would wear sandals but God forbid anyone show up at a beach resort wearing flip-flops. He then said, "we will seat you, but I need you to walk around this way and not through the main dining room." I immediately fell to my knees in thanksgiving to God that this manager was going to allow me the privilege to dine in his restaurant. (heavy sarcasm please). We were seated and 10 minutes later a waiter arrived to welcome us and get our drink orders. We ordered our drinks and an appetizer. Drinks arrived 10 minutes later and we ordered dinner. At the 20 minute mark after ordering dinner we got up and left. No one tried to stop us, no one questioned why. The only feeling we got was from other patrons who had that "they are smarter than us for leaving" look on their face. There was no manager to talk to but there was a long line at the host stand. We walked to the hotel front desk an I asked to speak to the manager. They young man said "I am the superviser." My thought was, ok buddy if you want to take what I'm about to give, then batter up. I pretty much unloaded on the guy about the poor experience letting him know that this was our honeymoon on multiple occasions. When I finished he said that I needed to speak to the restaurant manager not him. That, in a nutshell, summed up our problem with marival. That "pass the buck" mentality kills it for me. Buddy I know it's not your fault the restaurant screwed up, but take some ownership and get me some help in getting a solution to the problem. Don't put it back on me, I already paid top dollar for this week of food and beverage.

It's sad to say but the con's in the case killed the trip. We LOVED Puerto Vallarta and we will go back. We just won't stay with Marival there, or at any of their other properties.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave W

Dear Dave,

We're surprised to read you had problems with your dinner reservations, as in this property only Mozzamare needs dinner reservations. You can enjoy dinner in all other restaurants without previous reservation. However, our sister resort Marival Emotions, does require dinner reservations, and our team is required to do so. Our concierge team is pleased to take your reservations in advanced to book them for you. Our guests do not need to worry looking for their spot. With only 5 minutes of your precious time, you can let our concierge team know of your dinner reservation preferences through all of your stay with no bigger issues. We're sorry if this information wasn't presented with anticipation. Each of our restaurants close depending on the day of the week, this schedule changes every week in accordance to our Management and it strictly depends on the occupation.
We deeply regret to read our Housekeeping service was not to your liking. This lack of attention to detail is definitely not our standard of service, we offer our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. Rest assured that our team has already taken the necessary measures to prevent this from happening again
Our Front desk team, is in charge to inform you upon your arrival about our facilities, schedules and services, among all of these, the dinner dress code that only applies to our restaurants. We offer you our most sincere apologies.

We truly appreciate all of your kind comments,each of them will be followed up by our Manager in the correspondent areas to prevent these from happening again.

We would love to be able to serve you once again at this, your home away from home in the nearest future and have the opportunity to show you how much we care about our friends, please do not hesitate to contact us in advance if any special request is needed, we will be more than glad to pamper you as you deserve!

Reviewed May 13, 2019

We recently spent a week there. Not a pleasant experience and the staff are money diggers. I'm completely sure that they have different all-inclusive fees rates. They definitely target the Mexican clientele as a first priority. At some point, I would say it is about 80% Mexican clientele and 20% other nationalities. Nothing wrong with that of course. The all-inclusive fees charged are higher that other resorts in Mexico, so our expectations were high. The service around the pool deserves a lot of credit along with room service and housekeeping. However, the rest of the staff are definitely below of our expectations. First time in Puerto Vallarta, but many many times in other parts of Mexico, so we know how friendly people can be, especially if they are in the hospitality business. There is another sister resort which you can go to, but the level and service clearly decreases there. My strong recommendation is to go to another resort or try another vacation spot, such Los Cabos or Cancun.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear guest,

We appreciate all of your kind comments. Allow us to inform you that our prices tend to change in accordance with the high and low season, this is in no way affected by the nationality of our guests. As the same fee you paid was the one paid by all of our other guests. Just as in any other resort in the world, guests' nationalities may change depending on the date of the year. Holy and Easter week are two of the most important weeks in Mexico for Mexicans. This is holiday time for us. You will find less nationals on January, February and March.
We want to share with you that since the opening of our establishment in December 2009, Food and Beverage have been one of our most important letters of presentation of this Hotel, from our Executive Chef to our line staff, for which we deeply regret to hear that the service was not to your liking. This lack of attention to detail is definitely not our standard of service, we offer our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. Rest assured that our Food and Beverage team has already taken the necessary measures to prevent this from happening again
We would love to be able to serve you once more at this, your home away from home in the nearest future and have the opportunity to show you how much we care about our guests, please do not hesitate to contact us in advance if any special request is needed, we will be more than glad to pamper you as you deserve!

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Our family has been coming to Marival for years for all sorts of occasions, and it’s something everyone looks forward to doing again and again. The resort is pristine, the food and drinks are delicious and the service is outstanding. At the beach, we always ask to be situated in Paco’s section. He remembers all of our names, recommends new things and works tirelessly to make sure our days are perfect. I’ve never experienced anyone better at this than he is. The two beach concierges, Oscar and Felix (I think?) were fantastic and patient every morning setting up our areas for the day and letting us test out a few things. The bar team at the beach club was fun and excellent, too. Truly, they are all some of the nicest and most talented people we have encountered in this industry and they are a huge reason why we keep coming back. The resort is great and we have a lot of great memories. Excited for more soon!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Daphne_ffernandez5, General Manager at Marival Distinct Luxury Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear guest,

We are pleased to read you have been a guest for several years and keep coming back. Thanks for sharing the names of our team who made your stay extra special. We truly believe they are the main reason of our "Home Feeling". We hope to welcome you back again very soon.