Stayed a week in the penthouse 2 bedroom in June.
Family of 4 (2 adults, 9 year old, 6 year old).
Reception: As we first got to the resort, as is customary now with a lot of smaller resorts, they take you to a sitting area where someone checks you in. The lady who checked us in wasn't the friendliest of people, but she was decent enough. We had a package that included the "family reward" which entitled us to 1 extra tour, but she had no information about that and told us we would probably have to check with the concierge. Ofcourse, that made no sense, but we figured we'll try the concierge later. After talking to the concierge, and showing them our itinerary, we finally got our extra tour...not something you really want to sit down and deal with on vacation, but the concierge people were very courteous.
Staff: Overall, the staff is very attentive, but I'd say it's 4 star...there were a few times where they would forget things that we asked for, but all in all, it was in par with what the hotel package was worth. We probably were spoiled by establishments in South East Asia (Thailand in particular), where service is extraordinary. Housekeeping did a decent job of keeping things in order, but there were days when dead bugs weren't vacuumed up, even though they had been lying on the floor since the night before.
Food: We tried food at all 3 establishments, and it is very good for being an all-inclusive resort. There's a dress-code (casual elegant) at the restaurants, so you may want to bring something decent...my wife was refused entry (in a polite manner, of course) into Omaggio because her shorts were a little short, but when we sat down after my wife went to change, we noticed a few ladies who were wearing similarly short shorts....but hey, we're on vacation, we weren't gonna' make a fuss about it.
Room: Very nice room, air conditioning throughout so no worries about getting too hot. The water pressue in the room was a little weak, but good enough. We did have one night where we had a big storm and we had a leak in our master bedroom. We told the front desk about it (just to let them know), and they quickly jumped into action offering us to switch rooms if we wanted to. But, we didn't feel like packing all our stuff and moving to a different room so we told them that we're just going to stick with our leaky room. Carlos, the chief concierge, sent us an apology letter, plate of cheese and red wine...which was a very nice gesture, but in an all-inclusive resort, sending us things that were already part of he package didn't have quite the same effect....a free massage or tour would've been nice.
Very nice feel to the pool area with enough chairs/cabannas for everyone...although they probably could use a few more umbrellas. The staff that cater to your needs at the pool were probably the best at the resort...very courteous and always making sure we had what we needed. Some waiters and staff tried to avoid eye contact with the guests, maybe because they were busy, but the pool staff always made sure to find you in the pool to see if you needed anything from he bar...kudos to them.
The resort was filled with young soccer kids during the week, so we didn't spend too much time at the sister property, but the beach there is decent. The water isn't pretty, and there's a ton of seaweed in the water. But for the kids to play and body surf, it's good. The service at the VIP area is very good, and you won't need to always be trying to track down your waiter..they'll always check to see if your drinks are filled.
The Catamaran tour offered through Marival was very good, run by Vallarta Adventures. Only a 10 minute cab ride away (USD$5 taxi ride), and you spend the day on a catamaran with a very engaging group of enthusiastic guides. We snorkeled, went to a waterfall, and spent some time at the beach in Yulepa. No deviations to any "gift" shops so it was all fun and relaxation.
The city tour offered through Marival was a bit bland, as most of the tour is about shopping. You stop at a flea market to shop....a silver store to shop....a tequila maker to shop. One shopping stop in one of these tours is always to be expected..but 3 seemed a bit much. The restaurant they took us to was also very mediocre. Food wasn't all that great, and the place didn't have enough fans to keep the flies away...you had to eat with one hand and swat flies with the other. Not the best experience.
Overall, I'd still say the Marival Residence and World Spa is a very nice choice if you're going to Nuevo Vallarta...it's not the typical big over-crowded all-inclusive place, and the food is very good. It got kind of louder with Texas week which brought a whole different crowd into the resort, but before they came, it was a very quiet and relaxing resort that has good food and service to keep you pampered throughout your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico