It's funny, I made the error of not saying 'residences' to the taxi and he took us to the resorts version of Marival (at first). I walked out of the car and knew we weren't at the right place.
Back in the car, and onto to the best all-inclusive experience I've had to-date!
We arrived, walked up to the front desk and was directed to the wine bar, to sit and relax while they checked us in. Yes, please! It took no time before we were offered a drink and they put these woven bracelets on our wrists (so much better than the plastic "hospital" versions). We had the nicest porter, and he gave us a quick tour and took us to our room.
Room? More like mini-apartments. Oh, and the idea of TWO bathrooms in a one bedroom hotel room? Sheer genius! The bed was a little hard, but still (very) comfortable. I think the key to a good marriage is a king sized bed. We unpacked quickly and headed down to the pool to soak in whatever sun rays were left for that day.
Ricardo and Wenz are your guys by the pool. Tip them folks! If you're going to park yourself at the pool all day, just give them a large tip to start with -- something we learned from other guests -- and they will take care of you. You will get (new) drink refills without asking, they'll bring snacks over and oh, come back the next day and they'll remember you AND your cocktail of choice. I love good service.
The VIP beach club was also pretty sweet. Head to the front desk and wait for a shuttle, it's a short drive away and you're in a roped off area. There are trashy magazines at the check-in station (bonus!) and the food is dee-licious. I got a watermelon salad, shrimp ceviche and the mojito's were VERY good at this location. The sand's not quite as white and powdery as Cancun, and the water temp (in June) is warmer than you'd think. But the beach chairs are comfy, and you'll get your usual assortment of beach vendors - who aren't super pushy, which is nice if you're not in the mood to shop!
Now, for the food. Omg. So good, it's not even funny. The first night at Omaggio was french (I think) and the Duck Confit I got was to-die-for, the churros dessert was heavenly. Dinner here is AMAZING. On the second night, it was mexican themed and I got the tuna - so, unbelievably good!! The dessert samplers were killer too. The last night was Italian, and my braised short ribs were so tender, so moist and food-gasmic people! The portions are decent and don't be afraid to ask for something off-menu, they actually (on some night's) encourage it.
We did make it to the roof-top bar on the last night and the apps looked delicious. I loved the view and the 80s music theme (that night). We'll be dining there on our next visit! And on a future visit (when we have more time), I'd love to try the sea lion's and zip line adventures - several guests were very impressed and couldn't stop ravving about them.
By the 3rd day, we decided to stick to the pool and met some really friendly people. Most of the people we talked to have come to this resort more than twice, I even met one couple that has a timeshare. Another good thing to note - you won't get the whole timeshare presentation shoved down your throat, which is a nice change!
Breakfast at the Omaggio was so-so, they could have been a bit quicker with the coffee refills, but the food is decent.
Our checkout process was seamless. We asked for a cab and it showed up in no-time.
...most CERTAINLY coming back again in the future. This is how an all-inclusive vacation should be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Beyond rooms or suites… the only luxury all-inclusive resort featuring modern Residences and Villas- so spacious from 1400 to 3940 sq ft! TripAdvisor Awards in Best Luxury, Best Family and Excellence. Award winning chefs offer a la carte international gourmet dining. Guests enjoy free tours, unlimited golf, VIP full service beach club and 5 star service, plus exchange privileges at sister hotel Marival Resort and Suites. Experience Melange World Spa with unique treatment rooms from 9 countries around the world. Special Kids and Teens programs too. Spacious all-inclusive Residences for couples and families are in the perfect locations. Demi-Pool Residences feature a “walk out” full service garden patio and secluded infinity pool. Ocean View Residences surround you with breathtaking views of the Pacific from sunrise to sunset. Rooftop Penthouses have private rooftop plunge pool and sundeck. For couples- renew your vows or get married for FREE with our FREE Wedding package! For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! High-end Residences, indulgent services…nothing compares! Marival Residences Luxury Resort® is a 4 Diamond Award winner. A World Apart in a Class by Itself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Vallarta
- Marival Club
- Grand Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Marival Mexico
- Nuevo Vallarta Marival
- Marival Grand Club Suites Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Grand Hotel
- Marival Vacation Club
- Club Marival Mexico