“...Already planning my future visit (and I just got back today!)”

Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
New York, NY
“...Already planning my future visit (and I just got back today!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

It's funny, I made the error of not saying 'residences' to the taxi and he took us to the resorts version of Marival (at first). I walked out of the car and knew we weren't at the right place.

Back in the car, and onto to the best all-inclusive experience I've had to-date!

We arrived, walked up to the front desk and was directed to the wine bar, to sit and relax while they checked us in. Yes, please! It took no time before we were offered a drink and they put these woven bracelets on our wrists (so much better than the plastic "hospital" versions). We had the nicest porter, and he gave us a quick tour and took us to our room.

Room? More like mini-apartments. Oh, and the idea of TWO bathrooms in a one bedroom hotel room? Sheer genius! The bed was a little hard, but still (very) comfortable. I think the key to a good marriage is a king sized bed. We unpacked quickly and headed down to the pool to soak in whatever sun rays were left for that day.

Ricardo and Wenz are your guys by the pool. Tip them folks! If you're going to park yourself at the pool all day, just give them a large tip to start with -- something we learned from other guests -- and they will take care of you. You will get (new) drink refills without asking, they'll bring snacks over and oh, come back the next day and they'll remember you AND your cocktail of choice. I love good service.

The VIP beach club was also pretty sweet. Head to the front desk and wait for a shuttle, it's a short drive away and you're in a roped off area. There are trashy magazines at the check-in station (bonus!) and the food is dee-licious. I got a watermelon salad, shrimp ceviche and the mojito's were VERY good at this location. The sand's not quite as white and powdery as Cancun, and the water temp (in June) is warmer than you'd think. But the beach chairs are comfy, and you'll get your usual assortment of beach vendors - who aren't super pushy, which is nice if you're not in the mood to shop!

Now, for the food. Omg. So good, it's not even funny. The first night at Omaggio was french (I think) and the Duck Confit I got was to-die-for, the churros dessert was heavenly. Dinner here is AMAZING. On the second night, it was mexican themed and I got the tuna - so, unbelievably good!! The dessert samplers were killer too. The last night was Italian, and my braised short ribs were so tender, so moist and food-gasmic people! The portions are decent and don't be afraid to ask for something off-menu, they actually (on some night's) encourage it.

We did make it to the roof-top bar on the last night and the apps looked delicious. I loved the view and the 80s music theme (that night). We'll be dining there on our next visit! And on a future visit (when we have more time), I'd love to try the sea lion's and zip line adventures - several guests were very impressed and couldn't stop ravving about them.

By the 3rd day, we decided to stick to the pool and met some really friendly people. Most of the people we talked to have come to this resort more than twice, I even met one couple that has a timeshare. Another good thing to note - you won't get the whole timeshare presentation shoved down your throat, which is a nice change!

Breakfast at the Omaggio was so-so, they could have been a bit quicker with the coffee refills, but the food is decent.

Our checkout process was seamless. We asked for a cab and it showed up in no-time.

...most CERTAINLY coming back again in the future. This is how an all-inclusive vacation should be!

5 Thank traveler_1234070

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I had never been to Mexico before and we were skeptical about going until we found marival residences and world spa. I spent a large amount of time researching this resort and no review could prepare us for just how extravagant and beautiful this resort really was. We were literally treated like royalty. We were waited on hand and foot with the all inclusive package. We ate literally whatever we wanted and ate 3 times each day because the food was just that awesome. We never waited in any lines to be seated at the 7+ different restaurants to chose from. The food was always served in a timely matter and it was always delicious. our fridge was restocked daily with bottled water and Pepsi products.

We also spent a day at the beach in marival residences VIP beach club. There was a bell boy/ concierge/butler walking around the VIP area just waiting to serve us. He provided us with a beach side menu with appetizers, entres, and deserts. We ate shrimp cocktail and ice cream right on the beach in our own cabana bed. The best part of our experience was the free ten minute massage that me and my wife received just for being guests at the residences (also i need to say that the free massage was part of a promotion to try to get us to sign up for a $140 couples massage which we chose not to do). The same exquisite service is provided at the pool as well. Minus the massage.

The all inclusive package also includes some free tours. My wife and I chose the canopy adventure tour (zip lining) and sea lion encounter (spend 20 minutes swimming and interacting with the sea lion) both of these tours were amazing and all our tour guides were awesome. Other tours included dolphin encounter, city tour, sunset sail, and a water tour on a large catamaran yacht.

There resort was also very clean and well maintained. It seemed like they cut the grass everyday. All the resort employees were very hospitable and welcoming. Are room was cleaned and our bed was made daily. Our room was beautiful on the inside. We had the penthouse which and a roof top pool with one of the best views in puerto Vallarta. Check in was very smooth. We sat down in one of the lounges and were served cold beverages and cold towels. All we had to do was sign our name or the reservation contract and then we were good to go.

I've been to alot of places vacationing (including the caribbean) this by far was the best. This was the most memorable trip of my life. We don't want to go anywhere else anymore but Marival residences and world spa. If your thinking about vacationing in Mexico and want to experience an all inclusive resort then I definitely recommend staying at marival residences.

Lastly if you are from the us and you chose to stay here, make sure to ask for a soft matress pad because with out it the beds are extremely firm ( like sleeping on concrete with a sheet). But after the matress pad was put on it felt like sleeping on clouds. The moment we requested the matress pad literally 5 - 10 minutes later the maid was in our room putting it on. No where else can you get service like that.

Room Tip: Go for the penthouse if available, the view is spectacular. I think there is also more privacy.
6 Thank D H
Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We joined our family here for a get-together, and what a lovely place to do so!! As mentioned in all of the reviews, you are treated like old family friends from the time you step out of your taxi.

It's an easy taxi ride from the airport. After you arrive and make it to baggage claim, just walk past all the time share folks (who will try and offer you rides, free excursions, their first born children, etc....), you will find taxi kiosks everywhere. It was 260 pesos to the hotel when purchased from inside. Not sure what the taxi drivers outstide charge, but this was easy, and the driver was very friendly and easy to chat with. We had considered walking across the bridge outside, but this really was so easy and took very little thought (which is what vacationing is all about, no??)

After arriving at the hotel, we were given our choice of cocktails while they checked us in. A lovely start. The rooms here are above and beyond your average hotel room. We stayed in a one bedroom suite (2 bathrooms!!) overlooking the pool. We travel a lot and we have never stayed in any hotel this nice. We usually skimp on hotels, as we're not in the room much, so this was quite a treat for us!! The pools are lovely, the service kind, caring, attentive, all you could ask for. This must be a good time of year to go there, as most of the time we were the only ones in the pool, one of just a few tables in the restaurants and all around felt like we had the place to ourselves.

We took advantage of the dolphin and sea lion excursion and the catamaran excursion. All were so much fun, and we were glad we went on all of them. They are "free", but you do have to pay cab fare there and back. There were 10 of us traveling together, so the fare seemed to be different each time we took a cab (ranged from 75 pesos for 1/2 of us getting there and 110 pesos on the return). Sometimes we went in a cab and a van, so I can't be specific about the costs. The pictures are also pretty expensive, so if can you completely ignore the ridiculously cute photos of you, dolphins and sea lions, it's a fairly inexpensive fun outing.

We found the crew doing the catamaran excursion very entertaining and fun. It is a long day though, so be prepared for that.

We didn't really take advantage of the sister property. We did use the beach a few times (pretty much had that to ourselves too!!). We never ate there though, and only went there a few evenings. Most of the time we took the golf cart, but it's also a pretty easy walk along the beach.

We ate all our meals at the Residences and never had a bad one. Most lunches were at the Lemmon Grass and we always had breakfast and most dinners at Omaggio. We had one dinner at Insu as they were only open for dinner.

Normally I would remove a star because they don't have wifi. We are not crazy, can't be unconnected people, but I do so appreciate having easy access to wifi just to keep up with family. Everything else was so nice that I opted not to take a star off. It does continue to amaze me how the small mom and pop places have easy access to wifi and the bigger, expensive places either charge a ridiculous sum or it's not available. You can access your wifi at the coffee shop nearby. A fairly expensive coffee (or a reasonably priced beer....) will get you connected.

We rarely return to the same place (too many places on our bucket list that we've yet to check off...), but I wouldn't mind a return trip here with the family. We really enjoyed it. A shout out to Ricardo at the pool who rarely let our drinks get empty!

4 Thank jperkin1
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

All inclusive at this hotel was better than any other resort I've stayed at. This hotel was very accommodating to everyone in our family. The service was the best. It was quiet and relaxing. I had the best massage ever. The food was superb. We had access to the sister hotel's restaurants, but the food was so great, we never ate at the other restaurants at the other hotel. I recommend Niksan for Sushi and romantic dining (not included in the all inclusive but located at the resort).
They had age appropriate activities for my 2 small kids and my teenage son which is hard to find in a five diamond resort. My kids loved the kids club where they made airplanes and rockets and had face painting. They also went to the kids club at the bigger hotel. They also loved the kids water slides at the other resort.
The excursions were top notch. I recommend the Dolphin Encounter (they are great with preschoolers and toddlers). The Canopy adventure, the city tour, and hanging out at the private beach at the bigger hotel.

Beware: The other hotel is very loud and busy, but you can gave more privacy at the private VIP section of the beach (Marival Residences guests are the only ones who have access). My only complaint about the room was that the beds are hard.

But to sum things up, I don't think anyone could say that this hotel is anything less that pure quality.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors for a great view or Choose a room that gives access to a private...
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I recently vacationed at the Marival residences and World Spa in June with my boyfriend and we had the time of our lives. We only stayed for five days but we soon realized that five days was definitely not enough time!

I have stayed at numerous all inclusive resorts and have taken probably 6 cruises, but none of them can compare to Marival. I figured Marival would be like any other all inclusive resort: bunch of families, rowdy kids, lame entertainment, and decent food options. I was absolutely wrong.

Firstly, when we arrived they made us feel like celebrities by greeting us by name, taking our luggage and immediately getting us a drink from their international wine bar. The margarita was great....but their restaurant Omaggio was AMAZING! My boyfriend and I live in NYC and have been to some of the best restaurants the city has to offer, but the food at Omaggio was ten times better than any meal I've ever had. Maybe it was because the food was always fresh, the service was always top notch, and probably because the ambiance of the restaurant was just relaxing and quiet- absolutely romantic!

Secondly, the beach was fantastic. At first I was disappointed that we had to use a shuttle to get to the beach, but I actually really enjoyed the ride! Miguel was great at always taking us over and picking us up- we never really had to wait more than two minutes. The beach itself though was so peaceful in the VIP section. Paco and Ernesto ALWAYS had a drink waiting for us. Even when we jumped out of the water we already had a Pacifico and Strawberry daiquiri waiting for us on our cabana's table, Paco was always on top! Even the food they serve on the beach was delicious.

Lastly, the excursions were awesome- especially since they were included. We swam with a sea line, went zip lining, and toured the city. We loved all of them! The zip line was one of the best experiences of my life. The team was great, funny, and you always felt safe. We wish we had stayed longer so that we could try the other excursions, maybe next time!

Overall, I have ZERO complaints about this resort. I was honestly blown away by the facilities, amenities, but above all the service. Every single person that worked at the Residences was amazingly friendly and accommodating. We fell in love with Paco at the beach and Fernando at Omaggio, they made our trip extra special with their awesome service.

To conclude: I love love LOVED this place...can't wait to go back!

1 Thank MissKris626
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was not only our first time to Mexico, but the first doing an all-inclusive. My husband and I could not be more pleased with the staff, service and cleanliness of the resort. If there was anything we wanted we got it. We stayed in one of the penthouses which were quite spacious with all of the amenities. Not to mention the roof-top terrace and our own private infinity pool... AMAZING!! Getting to the sister-resort was an easy ride, not an imposition at all. So if you wanted to enjoy the ocean, play games, take part in water sports it was 5 minutes away. Not to mention the dinner we had at La Pergola was fantastic. Our servers Rene and Silvia made it doubly so, not to mention Rene's "sexy coffee" display. The food at both resorts was wonderful!

From the beginning, after travelling approx. 12 hrs., and checking in 9:30 pm or so, we were treated well. We did not have to stand in line to register. We were shown to the wine bar where we could sit, served something to drink and had our own private check-in. Since we hadn't eaten dinner and were hungry, they called one of the restaurants, to remain open until we could have dinner. We were shown to our rooms, waiting to make sure we were satisfied with everything. Then went to dinner which was wonderful! Since we are wine drinkers, needless to say the Brunello wine bar got a work out and as part of our all-inclusive we could have l btl. of wine per day brought to our room. It didn't get any better than that!! Unless it was our own private infinity pool on our terrace...with the btl. of wine.
The wait staff poolside were very attentive and polite as were the waitstaff in the restaurants, they were top notch.
I would definitely go back to this resort and I highly recommend it.
If there was anything that was lacking it was the mattresses (very hard), we could have gotten a mattress top but we decided to give it the old college try. After a few nights, thinking it wasn't too bad...my husband actually kinda liked it, I really could have used the mattress top. Since my husband was fine, we opted not to, but it got pretty tough for me after awhile. Next time I'm getting the mattress top!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank kittykat1150
Justin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have been to the residences multiple times and can't believe how the operation continues to exceed our expectations. Seriously, I walk out of my room in the morning and the pool service staff literally hurdles over lawn chairs to bring my first drink of the day...without asking. They remember my preferences from year to year.

Room Tip: The fifth and sixth floor have awesome views and the first floor rooms have private pool access...pi...
4 Thank Tye P
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta
#6 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,028 reviews

Been to Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!