“The best food at any all inclusive, ever...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri
“The best food at any all inclusive, ever...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

I loved this property and I normally hesitate about all inclusive vacations, mainly because of the food quality. Boy was this one different, the menu was varied, fresh and excellent!
Nice choice of wine, service was attentive, but not intrusive. The accommodations were excellent, even stayed in one day after "too much sun", and languished in the room.
The resort was so clean you could eat off the floor, anywhere on property. The rooftop bar was incredible! Great view, excellent service - great food.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a luxurious get a way for relaxing, if you want action, do the tours, etc.. we did not just wanted to relax! Lovely overall experience

• 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Cyntkr56
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Dear Traveler: Very much appreciated. Wonderful to learn your expectations were met. Please do come back and visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife an I went for a 7 day vacation and someone recomend this hotel to us.

It is nice, very different to what we are used to, the service it's good overall, the food it's great not like a normal all inclusive hotel.

The spa is just amazing !

The rooms are huge with everything you ever need, fridge, washer, dryer, full kitchen etc.

It's quiet, yes quiet calm not meny children, loved that.

Overall it's a diferent concept but really nice and definitely coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank Mariusz880
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your comments, we love the fact you enjoyed our resort. Please visit us again in the near future!
walnut creek, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and I came the week of May 10th to celebrate our anniversary and to get away for a week. As usual, I used Tripadvisor to make my decision, and have to thank this websit and all of you that take the time to post your reviews. I have written reviews before, but for the first time, am finding it difficult to come up with a way to describe our experience.
Absolutely the most beautiful and luxurious hotel we have ever stayed at. From the spacious and beautifully appointed 2 bedroom suite to the well manicured grounds to gorgeous pool areas, it is simply the best. We truly felt like pampered millionaires. What really impressed me is the fact that, and let me say that we travel to Mexico once a year, the quality of construction and fixtures are up to American standards. If you have ever travelled through Mexico, you know what I mean.
It is all inclusive and the restaurants (no reservations) supplied delicious food and top shelf drinks. Even the Chilean Cab that we had every night with dinner was workable. Yes you have to either be driven by golf cart or walk a couple of minutes to get to the beach at the sister property, but a VIP beach awaits you with great loungers, and young ladies and gentleman that will cater to all your food and drink requirements. Jesica runs the VIP section at the beach and does an incredible job of making sure that everything runs smoothly. Julieta and my man Francisco, made us feel welcome and loved (yes loved!) every day, and did it with a wonderful attitude. Let me tell you, it is no easy task running food and drinks to people on sand. I own a restaurant here in No. California, and when I say the service was impressive, believe it.
Actually I can say the same thing about the 3 restaurants back at the hotel. Great service, and ever changing menus that never got dull. Breakfast at Lemmon Grass on a beautiful sunny morning cannot be beat, and dinner up at the sky Lounge with drinks at sunset, what can I say.
This is no Club Med experience, but rather a luxurious and pampering one in beautiful and serene setting. Our purpose was to re-charge our batteries, and it fit the bill perfectly.
I would also like to mention Jonathan at the pool (keep practising your english, you are doing great), Max at the front desk who take care of every little detail, Reggie (who never forgot anyone's name), and especially the bellmen and maids who do an exceptional job.
If you find yourself wanting to give Nuevo Vallarta a try, you must by all means possible stay at the Marival Residences. You will not regret your choice, and will have a chance to live like "the rich and famous".....at least for a week or two!
We will definately come back. Thank you Marival for a "Marivallous" good time.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect.
7 Thank Ron W
Dear Traveler: Thank you!!! how wonderful to hear our mission was accomplished. See you next time!
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here 5/6-5/10. The rooms FAR exceeded our expectations. The vip beach club was absolutely perfect with beach service and beds. Since the resort was not crowded, we didnt have to get up early to get a spot, The breakfast buffet by the pool was absolutely wonderful. If I had to pick one negative, it would be location. I wish we were closer to downtown, however, I would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: room away from the outdoor restaurant next door
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Allnatural99
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Traveler, thank you for your kind review, we hope to be of service again in the near future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is a very long review but in my opinion, is worth the read. Enjoy! Stayed at the new (opened Dec. 2009) Marival Residences and Spa from April 30 to May 06 inclusive. Let me say from arrival to departure and everything in between, our stay was enjoyable to say the least. We arrived on West Jet from Calgary on time, breezed through passport control, picked up luggage and escaped the time share pressure sales associates to find our rep. for the Residences waiting for us to take us to the resort which was an easy 25 minutes away. We were greeted by Carlos (Chief Concierge) who presented us with our woven bracelets to indicate that we were with the resort and on the all-inclusive plan. Carlos helped make our stay a memorable one with his attention to detail and any questions or concerns that we had. Gracias Carlos! FYI, there is an European plan as well if you so desire. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2750 sq. ft. penthouse on the 6th floor! The unit was absolutely beautiful. Panoramic ocean views from the living/dining room as well as the master bedroom which has a king bed, full ensuite bathroom with soaker tub, separate roomy shower and double sinks. Full kitchen with granite countertops and island, and stainless steel appliances. Second bedroom has 2 queen beds with ample closet space and dressers. Second bathroom across hall from this bedroom with roomy tiled shower. Stairs lead up to the rooftop garden with private plunge pool and patio. We witnessed several breathtaking sunsets up there! The decor is very contemporary and tastefully done in neutral tones with splashes of bright accent colours. There is a sofa bed in the living area along with a wall mounted plasma TV. There are also TV's in both bedrooms, along with DVD/docking stations for your players. There is an in room safe to keep your valuables in. Fridge stocked daily with bottled water and soft drinks. Room service was good and prompt most days. Our room was always cleaned when we got back from our daily outings. Would also stop by evenings to see if we required anything else. The great thing about this property is that they offer free golf (must pay for golf cart) at 3 courses as well as free tours. You have to take taxis to get there but worth it. We golfed 2X at the Weiskopf course and once at the Marina Vallarta course. We preferred the Weiskopf course as it was more rural and serene. Lots of tropical birds and resident iguanas! Also booked swimming with the dolphins and the sea lion encounter as well as the sunset cruise. When not golfing or enjoying the "free tours", we spent 2 afternoons at the private beach club only a mere 50 metres away. You can also take the shuttle from the resort if you don't want to walk but it is well worth the enjoyable walk along the beach to get to the beach club. Drinks and food served and if you so desire, can book a massage on the beach right there. Also, can shop right from your beach chair or book water sports. Walked to Bucerias one afternoon along the beach which only took about an hour where we had a great lunch on the beach. Take the time to go there as it is a quaint little town and has an authentic Mexican feel of days past. The pools, jacuzzi and gazebos are spacious and never a problem to find a lounge chair. They have a fantastic wine bar with a vast selection of wines from around the world. We ate 2X at Omaggio International restaurant where they have nightly themes for dinner. The food was well presented and delicious! For lunch, we ate at the Lemmon Grass. I highly recommend the portobello mushroom/vegetable and cheese panini. Excellent! Our favourite "happy hour" spot was the Insu Sky Lounge with infinity pools and incredible sunsets! They have an international spa as well as a great gym. Next to that is a Japanese restaurant and an organic store. All guests can access the Marival Resort and Suites which is a short walk or transfer away. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant there one evening which was OK. Inspected the onsite 3 bedroom full ownership villas with private pool at the Residences which were also amazing. The Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders stayed at the Residences when we were there so got to attend the VIP night showcasing the girls, their dancing, and the bathing suit fashion show! They were there doing their photo shoot for the new calendar. They also have a "kid's club" catering to ages 4 to 14 years of age. Lots of room and activities for them to play and learn so that Mom and Dad can enjoy some alone time. To sum it up, one of the best stays I have had in my travels to a sun destination. Being that I am a Travel Consultant, I would highly recommend this resort to anyone i.e. group of friends, families, incentive and wedding groups. BTW, they offer "free weddings" if you stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank R0veab0ut
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your beautifully detailed review, we love to hear our guests take home fine memories, come and visit us soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

I just got back today from the Residences and I must say it met every expectation I had. i am writing this review to respond to "shiny on the outside" . I read this review a week before i left and it had me wondering if i had made a good decision.
First off check in was smooth, no lines. The surrounding area is no boardwalk but if your in for relaxing, this is the place otherwise go to Cancun. The food was always cooked delightfully and if anything was not cooked to your liking all you have to do is ask and you shall receive with no attitude in return. The bar supplies high end alcohol that i have not seen at any other resort ( Crown royal , JW black label, grey goose etc. )The rooms were just as the website mentions and more. Everything in the room functioned 100 % and if you have young kids like we do the washer and dryer are heaven sent ( tip: bring detergent otherwise for 39 pesos the "No logo store" can supply on site). Wifi was free to my surprise , I guess this was a new bonus. The shuttle from Residences to the Marival suites is no hassle, no wait and less then four minutes in either a large cart or the van. Once at the sister resort you walk through the resort to the VIP beach area where i never saw anyone have trouble finding a lounge chair. if you do need one with shade they will run and get a umbrella for you if one is not available. Service at the beach was great too Thanks to Julietta , Ernesto and Francisco. I would also like to thank Reggie " Mr . October" and his staff for always treating my 3 yr. old son like their own as he ran around the resort with no fear. Special shout outs to the boys at Brunello, Manuel, Angel and Marco who went above and beyond the call of duty many times even getting fresh cinnamon churros made for my girlfriend that were not even on the menu. We also visited the sister resort for the mexican themed night and the food was delicious. Marival is on the right track but the Residences is the shiny gem I will be sending my parents their next year to be treated like the royalty that they are. My email is rexryandale@hotmail.com . Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank RyanRoundDaWorld
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your detailed review, we appreciate it very much. We will be looking forward to serving your parents and you again in the near future. Best regards.
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

This place is first class all the way. the rooms are new and massive , the facilities are top notch , the food was amazing and the staff was very accomodating, they even went out in the middle of the nite to get my daughter diapers!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank bobbieToronto
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your kind review, we hope to be of service in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,617 reviews

Been to Marival Residences Luxury Resort Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!